Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Wanna hunt me a Liger Zero, mount it's head up on my wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

An Ounce of Gold posted:

One last thing, anyone else think Sony skipped on showing off Morpheus because it looks like a baby's toy compared to the hololens?

I don't want to rain on your parade or something, but

You can't see poo poo with the hololens

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

One last thing, anyone else think Sony skipped on showing off Morpheus because it looks like a baby's toy compared to the hololens?

I'm looking forward to spending hundreds of dollars to play with virtual Legos on a table.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

God drat this E3 has been incredible so far. SO MANY loving amazing looking games coming. Can't wait to see what else is still in store.

Final Fantasy VII remake
Last Guardian
Fallout 4 (out in November? THIS NOVEMBER? :flashfap:)
MGS5
Uncharted 4
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

:circlefap:

hoping for a release date for FFXV out before christmas.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Takoluka posted:

I'm looking forward to spending hundreds of dollars to play with virtual Legos on a table.
What do you think the real ones cost these days? At least you can get some variety with the virtual ones.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

You asked for it and today Nintendo delivers. The long-awaited next installment in the Metroid Franchise

Other M 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITD1tqXDII
It is a seed we call..
THE BABY

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

You ain't raining on my parade. Everyone already knows it has a small field of vision. That's why I said G2 would be cool. ;)

e: Even with a small FOV, I think it's more impressive than head tracking devices with screens attached.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 16, 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Wanna hunt me a Liger Zero, mount it's head up on my wall.

Laserbeak*

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They skipped Morpheus because they knew that's the only trick Microsoft has at the moment and Occulus already proved how boring it is. Right now, the winning strategy is to avoid whatever Microsoft attempts right now, wait for their meltdown to blow over and then sell it when the controversy already happened.

Still, the Nintendo conference should be goddamn foolproof at this point.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

hoping for a release date for FFXV out before christmas.
FFXV won't be at E3. They're saving it for Gamescom. So if anyone's in the thread's waiting for more FFXV info, well uh, don't. That's when the promotional campaign for the game will start off, so we should at least get a release window then.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think guerilla games robot hunting game is the loving coolest looking new IP in forever

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nintendo already got all the little poo poo out of the way with the pre e3 direct micro and championships, their presentation is gonna be straight fire, fam

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Grey Fox posted:

What do you think the real ones cost these days? At least you can get some variety with the virtual ones.

In all seriousness, if I was sold on the concept, how much would an Xbone, an Oculus, and a Hololens cost me?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I think guerilla games robot hunting game is the loving coolest looking new IP in forever

Robots looked super cool but the main character narrating everything sucked and something about it just feels off.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

grrarg posted:

And if they say "But Prison Architect" (or whatever is the one decent Early Access game, there must be one somehow) you can reply with

I can't get enough of that $150 controller.

It's me, I'm the market for high end controllers. People already spend more on a gaming keyboard and mouse combos and good arcade sticks cost about that much, whereas the controller market is only first party hardware and cheap knockoff poo poo. I'd definitely be willing to ship out 100+ for a controller with as much quality as a TE stick.

That being said, buying the very first high end controller from microsoft of all people doesn't sound like a safe bet.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

hemale in pain posted:

Robots looked super cool but the main character narrating everything sucked and something about it just feels off.

I'm pretty sure she was extra chatty because it was a presentation.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Renoistic posted:

I'm pretty sure she was extra chatty because it was a presentation.

Mmmm yea fair enough, I'll have to wait and see more. I hope it's good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

That being said, buying the very first high end controller from microsoft of all people doesn't sound like a safe bet.

Red ring of death on a $150 controller seems like a lot of fun.

The Steam Controller is coming out for $50, so I fail to see why the gently caress I'd shell out an extra $100 just for a controller.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I want a new Paper Mario, but good this time.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I missed the Elite Controller; are those extra triggers they put on the back so you can play without needing to use face buttons? Because I've been waiting for a company to do that for years.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is there an easy to comprehend page that sums up all important announcements without having to watch 10hs of video conferences?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What's the most awkward moment for the show this year? I missed the Ubisoft presentation, but to me it's been the Oculus guy coming onstage at their event out of breath trying to hype the crowd.

Or maybe all the weird eye contact and the where-do-my-hands-go moments after the Best Buy World Championships were over.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hopper posted:

Is there an easy to comprehend page that sums up all important announcements without having to watch 10hs of video conferences?

The last guardian is real my friend

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Infinitum posted:

Red ring of death on a $150 controller seems like a lot of fun.

The Steam Controller is coming out for $50, so I fail to see why the gently caress I'd shell out an extra $100 just for a controller.

Because it has retarded touch pads instead of buttons and sticks?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hopper posted:

Honestly? Most gaming news sites. Since there's so much info released at once, they don't have time to edit stuff, just go "this is announced"

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Is the PC thing really going to be indie games and graphics card talk for 2 hours?
That still sounds better than EA's conference but drat...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Takoluka posted:

In all seriousness, if I was sold on the concept, how much would an Xbone, an Oculus, and a Hololens cost me?

I think Oculus VR kit (which comes with a XB1 controller and some other junk) is rumoured for about $400, no idea about the Oculus Touch controller.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Strange Matter posted:

I missed the Elite Controller; are those extra triggers they put on the back so you can play without needing to use face buttons? Because I've been waiting for a company to do that for years.

Yes. And Scuf has, in fact, been doing just that for years (as well as some controller modders who cater to disabled individuals), although you're right that this is the first time a first-party company has done it.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Matter posted:

Yep, that's what's going on. The buttons are remappable to what you want and the face plates interchange so you can switch out the analogs and D-pads. BTW that was a feature on the Intellivision folks. We've gone so far we are back to face plate switching!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

An Ounce of Gold posted:

What's the most awkward moment for the show this year? I missed the Ubisoft presentation, but to me it's been the Oculus guy coming onstage at their event out of breath trying to hype the crowd.

Or maybe all the weird eye contact and the where-do-my-hands-go moments after the Best Buy World Championships were over.

The entirety of Ubisoft. As usual.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Who in the hell is going to buy a $150 controller?

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

spasticColon posted:

People have paid more for steering wheels, arcade sticks and fake guitars. It'll have a market unfortunately.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Terper posted:

People keep posting this picture but I think I'm an idiot, what am I supposed to be looking at here?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

spasticColon posted:

People have spent $84+ million dollars on virtual spaceships that will never exist.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

spasticColon posted:

People who get it for 66% off on clearance a month after launch. :v:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dear Games Friends,

I am going to miss about the first hour, and thus most of Nintendo's event, and will be the rear end in a top hat who comes into the thread asking for a bullet point summary. Please be ready with a cool list of all the neat stuff you can tell me, and hell, maybe an animated gif to bring it home.

Thanks.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

arcsig posted:

People keep posting this picture but I think I'm an idiot, what am I supposed to be looking at here?

It's showing what area of your vision will be able to display a hologram, and what won't.

The UI demoed on screen isn't possible in that view area.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

arcsig posted:

The cameras are hooked up to the same tech as the Hololens. What you are seeing is from the Camera's FOV and not the actual headset. The headset itself appears to only have an about 45 degree angle out from each eye fov. So if you were standing in the same spot as that camera the lit up part is actually all you would see from that distance.

E: My rebuttal to people complaining about that is... "it's loving holograms that you can walk around!"

I don't know about you guys, but I've been waiting for something like this since that lame cowboy time travel arcade hologram game that basically was like Dragon's Lair. I assume by G2 the HPU they made will be powerful enough to handle full FOV.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 16, 2015

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Webbeh posted:

It's showing what area of your vision will be able to display a hologram, and what won't.

The UI demoed on screen isn't possible in that view area.
Oh, thanks. I'm an idiot confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

it looks cool yeah, but you have to remember that guerilla games has never made a good game

• Locked thread