Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

the more I see of it the more I think it's going to be the new Spore. like, it's elite dangerous but with nothing to loving do

Well I think it's MMO, so they can make it a little interesting by making certain resources rare and valuable to force players to war over them. But with infinite world there's every chance you'd never run into someone, so I think there will be a large social media component where people are saying "Large quantities of diamonidium on Keplar Alpha Lambda!" and get some guilds going. No real evidence of that yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I will predict the future:

Nintendo will announce the 50th of one of their franchises. Nintendo fans will claim to have "win" E3 everywhere, very loudly.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i still can't get over that they announced a kickstarter yesterday

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

mr.capps posted:

The most "awkward" moment was the Divisions "gamer" talk and if you think any differently you are a goober.

inSTAALed posted:

loot loot LOOT loot! loot??? loot!!!

Whoa. They showed so many identical TACTICAL SHOOTMANS games that I forgot which one this was. I was remembering the Terrohunt (sp?) talk which wasn't that bad.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Y'know what I hope the new Hitman game is good

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Tei posted:

Nintendo will announce the 50th of one of their franchises. Nintendo fans will claim to have "win" E3 everywhere, very loudly.

Sony fulfilled a 10-year-old promise of a remake of an 18 year old game and everyone who has touched a playstation since the beginning of this millennium is losing their poo poo

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

super mario maker though...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tei posted:

New 50th of a 30 year old franchise beats remakes of15-20 year old games.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

20 million consoles not nearly enough to fund our games for our meagre library

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i think my favorite part of yesterday was that badass modern day viking with the cane talking about the soldier fight game

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The most awkward thing from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIl2-5f8NTo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

grrarg posted:

And if they say "But Prison Architect" (or whatever is the one decent Early Access game, there must be one somehow) you can reply with

I can't get enough of that $150 controller.

What... how... why...

and how did they manage to gently caress up the d-pad yet again when there's no reason not to just use the cross design?

hemale in pain posted:

Robots looked super cool but the main character narrating everything sucked and something about it just feels off.

Everything outside of the robot hunting part felt like "it's been done before" so that's probably it.
Or maybe the title, it's the most terrible generic poo poo ever. Horizon Zero Dawn, is that what it's called? What the gently caress does that even mean?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tei posted:

Well, that 50th entry in a series will probably be a good and enjoyable game to play. Nintendo is all about playable enjoyable games, right?

I never followed E3 that closely. When was the worst Nintendo E3 conference?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

raditts posted:

Or maybe the title, it's the most terrible generic poo poo ever. Horizon Zero Dawn, is that what it's called? What the gently caress does that even mean?

Please join my letter-writing campaign to rename it to RoboDino Apocalypse 3050

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ethanol posted:

20 million consoles not nearly enough to fund our games for our meagre library

I don't know what I enjoy reading more--the speculation that this was some kind of test for Sony before they'd fund the game, or people forgetting everything they know about Kickstarter and the games it has produced all over again

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mr. Pumroy posted:

They announced it yesterday and it's already past its goal today so really this is what gamers deserve

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tei posted:

I will predict the next 5 E3s for sony and microsoft

sequels and remasters

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

toanoradian posted:

Well, that 50th entry in a series will probably be a good and enjoyable game to play. Nintendo is all about playable enjoyable games, right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

toanoradian posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

toanoradian posted:

I can't remember if the rest was bad but their worst moment has to be the vitality sensor right?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

i think my favorite part of yesterday was that badass modern day viking with the cane talking about the soldier fight game

i hope his game is good. i love every melee fighting game

grrarg posted:

most awesome thing more like

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

toanoradian posted:

When was Wii Music announced? I remember that one being a flop.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

mr.capps posted:

q
Yeah those all did looked fun. But man those game's politics seem to be getting even more disgusting instead of toning down like you expect with Clancy being dead.

Was Tom Clancy ever involved with any of the games in the first place? Other game developers have been writing the same jingoistic fantasies about killing poor foreigners or surprisingly well organized American thug uprisings.

You know there's something wrong with the industry when Kojima is unironically the best at dealing with political themes.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

raditts posted:

They announced it yesterday and it's already past its goal today so really this is what gamers deserve

future generations will look back at this moment and say this is where it all went wrong

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

grrarg posted:

I wonder how many nerds jizzed their pants yelling "My waifu will soon be real!"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Hopper posted:

I wonder how many nerds jizzed their pants yelling "My waifu will soon be real!"

We knew about it months ago, man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E_WEgUDdYg

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
most pathetic moment for my money yesterday was EA putting Danger Zone over their boring zombie game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
For Honor looks really cool and the cane viking developer looks really passionate about what he does

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Pumroy posted:

future generations will look back at this moment and say this is where it all went wrong

This but unironically

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The most awkward was Yarny's boyfriend, hands shaking, telling a story in wavering voice about a summer spent alone with his waifu made of string.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Didn't the first E3 thread even say "What will be the first E3 conference to have a Kickstarter?" as a joke in the OP?

Quest For Glory's a goddamn oracle.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Monkey Fracas posted:

most pathetic moment for my money yesterday was EA putting Danger Zone over their boring zombie game

That was pretty bad but Aisha Tyler going on and on about making a "meme" with an incredibly awkward cosplayer in the audience was worse.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

90% of all goons are going to go "Ugh, what the gently caress is that, nerds can't get real women pfft :rolleyes:" and then buy it anyway but still keep saying it, the remaining 10% are :mrgw:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Just a reminder, this will be in HD

AND with voice acting

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

For Honor looks really cool and the cane viking developer looks really passionate about what he does

I want it to be good but ubisoft is good at hiring really cool people

and then loving squashing their ideas, i mean murdering them in the break room with an ice pick

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

grrarg posted:

I can't wait to sit in the dark, damp, dusty corner of my bedroom, snuggled up in my smelly blanket, continuously jacking off and subsisting on a box of cookies near me. All of my furniture, clothes, and other possessions are sold to pay the bills and rent in the studio apartment I now live in.

It will be cold in this apartment, but I will be warmed forever with my waifu holding me tightly as we watch the sunset together. The transcendence of my being into the virtual world shall be made a reality.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Firstborn posted:

The most awkward was Yarny's boyfriend, hands shaking, telling a story in wavering voice about a summer spent alone with his waifu made of string.

I imagine his family was pissed. They finally drag him away from the office for a vacation, and he wonders into the woods to play with his yarn fetish :v:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why are you quoting him

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

That was pretty bad but Aisha Tyler going on and on about making a "meme" with an incredibly awkward cosplayer in the audience was worse.

OK yeah this wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

Oh yeah, that guy was cool, and his game looks good and fun

• Locked thread