Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Please continue to compare the cast to DBZ characters. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lotish posted:

I do not understand why the complete assness of (most) axes and fire magic is a thing in this game's design. "Let's make three types of magic identical, except one will actually be poo poo and one will actually be king and then have two other types of magic that trump them altogther and then give the first spellcaster you recruit the worst type."

The thing about this game is that it was pretty clearly written as a story first and then a game built around it.

This makes for pretty bad balance.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fionordequester posted:

...Are...are you serious game? Did I really just hear Sandima correctly? Am I to understand, that the whole plot of this game LITERALLY revolves around a bunch of cultists trying to find a woman, kidnap her, and then have her sleep with her brother so that he can sire Satan...is that seriously what you're saying?

That's our Kaga! *laughtrack*

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fionordequester posted:

As for the weapon triangle...I think the unbalances there might've actually been intentional, depending on just how much realism Kaga was going for.

The complete lack of balance is definitely intentional,. though I doubt for any "realism" reasons.

It's like, a fact, in universe that people with Holy Blood are stronger and just plain better then normal people, and so as you can see anybody in the game with Holy Blood is insanely better period.

Swords are the epic weapons of legendary heroes so naturally they're the best weapon type in the game.

Kaga wanted to create an epic involving powerful heroes fighting massive battles over entire countries so that's what he made, balance issues from the game putting more care about the plot then balance.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fionordequester posted:

Oh really? "It can't be helped" is an overused phrase, is it? Huh, I never knew that. But, I did find myself confused on what he was talking about when he was all "As fate'll have it". Maybe something like...

It's a fairly direct translation of a fairly common phrase in Japanese, "Shikata ga nai", that sounds odd in English and is a pretty big sign of an amateur translation.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is a challenge run LP so I think going more into the technical nitty gritty is good.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yggdra Union does exactly that. Each unit when the battle starts is shown as a small squad.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fionordequester posted:

Really, the question isn't why they overthrew her; the question is “why did they wait as long as they did” :raise: ?

:ohdear:

It's always nice to ask a question and then immediately get an answer.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fionordequester posted:

And Azel finishes up by getting his 11th level up this Chapter. Not bad, for someone who was compared to Tien, huh ;)?

gently caress Power Levels. gently caress Holy Weapons! And. gently caress. You!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Considering how low Resistance is in general in this game they coukd probably get by though, especially with Wrath.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So with this LP and the Book of Holsety patch, I decided to give this game another go.

Hit the Arena in Chapter 1 and this happens:

I don't know how it happened, but I like it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Junpei posted:

A FE6 hack? Please tell me you upped Roy's growths and caps.

Roy's growth rates aren't bad. It's his awful, awful promotion time that makes him bad.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

They're servicable.

Roy will do his job of taking thrones while being tough enough not to be a liability.

At least until he doesn't promote and is dead weight for most of the second half of the game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think it's like, three stages left once Roy promotes and you get the Binding Blade, two of which are nothing but dragons..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fionordequester posted:

I'm actually kind of curious. Is he inferring that FE4 dancers have a bad reputation as glorified prostitutes (and Jabarro's surprised, because he'd have thought Aless was too straight-laced to be attracted to her)? Or is he saying that Aless is cold-hearted and ruthless enough that Jabarro couldn't see him ever getting that worked up over what happened to her?

This is Kaga we're talking about so the former is 90% likely. :sigh: