Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

vilkacis posted:

Verdane Army theme is pretty catchy :dance:
It really, really is! Unfortunately, without the magic of fast forward, enemy turns last a very long time in FE4, so some of them get really old.

quote:

And this bothers the hell out of me, especially with names like Sigurd and Tyrfing flying around. Is it really not supposed to be Valhalla?
Um, I'm pretty sure his name is Zigludo :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

vilkacis posted:

How typical, Sigurd just met a pretty girl and now he has nothing but sects on his mind.
:frogout:

The back end of chapter 1 is a slog, unfortunately. Chapter 2, on the other hand, wastes no time at all in telling you to hurry the hell up :v:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ah, yes, the eugenics post. :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Chapter 2 is honestly where I first felt that units on foot start having a hard time. The prologue and Chapter 1 have smaller, tighter stretches between areas and a lot of forests to navigate through, which reduces the overwhelming advantage mounted units have, but now we start seeing wide-open plains and long stretches between castles and objectives, and people who weren't lucky enough to have a horse start having a real issue with keeping up.

Some of them are eminently worth using anyway, of course, but the sheer scope of FE4 and maps like this really badly skew things in favor of mounted units.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Nitpick, but it's "without further ado", not "without further adieu".

Good to see this back. :buddy:

theshim
May 1, 2012

vilkacis posted:

More like I've forgotten what we were doing or why... nice to see it back, but I'm gonna have to re-read the whole thing up until now :negative:
Oh god, where am I? Why do I have a Light Sword? Oh gently caress why am I invading Augustria

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm just going to say that I laugh a little bit every time you call it the Slime Sword.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Yeah, he's got some pretty insane growths here. In five levels, he got +5 hp, +7 str, +3 skl, +5 spd, +7 luck, +9 def and +5res. Dude must have basically started with 0s in everything but hp and magic.

I should also note that my first time playing this I totally loving blanked on Lachesis and had to actually fight him square. It, ah...took a few tries. Quite a few.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Yggdra Union does exactly that. Each unit when the battle starts is shown as a small squad.

Even when it makes no sense (like the first battle when Yggdra is ostensibly running away by herself)!

theshim
May 1, 2012

I've done it before. It works, but it's really finicky, and there are much easier ways to get good units.

It is fun as hell to have two units perma-critting, though.

theshim
May 1, 2012

If you wouldn't mind, can you just throw up a quick list of your pairings this run? I've lost track of everyone.

theshim
May 1, 2012

*ahem*

gently caress YEAH MASTER KNIGHT

That is all.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Junpei posted:

I feel like we should start compiling some sort of Holy Weapon Tier List.
First, no.

Second, tier lists are stupid, and third, no.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Yeah, Sigurd getting auto-equipped with the broken Tyrfing cost me a reset or two my first time through. It tanks his stats to ridiculous levels and even capped out he'll easily die.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Oh man, Gen 2. The eugenics payoff is ludicrous...but next update has the best of it :getin:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Oberndorf posted:

We called it "archer persistence " back in the day. The answer is, even without Hero Weapons, as many times as they want to. I suspect it caps out around the total remaining durability of the equipped weapon, since the speed hit from the broken weapon tanks your odds of the skill activating.
But, as you'll note from arena battles, I'm pretty sure a weapon can't break until the current battle it's in finishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You call her Aideen a couple times in that update, think you meant Lana.