Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
I'm in as a solo act for now. The last two years I've put my name on the list and ended up on the infamous Wall of Shame; this time will be different, this time I will make a terrible game. Both Critical Omission and Games for Grandma have potential, not quite sure what I would do with Local Color but I'm sure I could come up with something. Now I just have to decide if I want to use Unity, Unreal 4, or put my CS degree to work and write some awful code from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Mega Shark posted:

I know this might be silly but anyway we can get a category for those of us stupid enough to make a game solo?

I'm solo, you won't be the only one working towards the hall of shame alone.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
For real, not a day goes by that I don't play with my virtual ballsack.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Tonight I spent ~3 or so hours writing a script trying, and failing to implement basic movement in my game. I'm off to a slow start to say the least.

It looks like everyone else is making much better progress than I am which is good, and at the same time slightly disheartening.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Shalinor posted:

Sweet baby Jesus will I be disappointed if you abandon this. I must play bouncecar.

For real, this looks awesome.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

"I love watching bukkake. I mean, like, I don't know if I would personally ever do it but..."

Day 5: I went and visited the parents for 4th of July weekend, no work gets done here. I must escape.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Giggs posted:

Followed some tutorials and got guards to look at the player if they're not hidden enough, if they're heard, a heartbeat system to make you very loud if you move too fast and different speeds to move at.

This is neat! Keep up the good work.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Lol, I'm designing a super:spergin: war game that players might not ever end up seeing, much less actually engaging with.

Don't worry, you won't be the only one possibly feeding the wall of shame this year. I decided to change my idea last night since I haven't really gotten anywhere so far. I'll have to put in some serious work to catch back up, but I think I can do it.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

xzzy posted:

This page's gifs are making me feel really inadequate.

I'm hung up on creating art and am coming to realize that even though I can imagine it, I can't reliably create it. :ohdear:

For real, anything I do in the next ~15 days won't even hold a candle to some of the stuff posted on this page.

e: Well poo poo... I'm on a new page.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

sighnoceros posted:

I've got a bad feeling about this.

This is how The Matrix should have ended.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
I've put maybe ~5 hours into my game since I restarted. Schools been keeping me too busy so all you can do is move around the test level I made. I'm basically at square one! It's not too late. The last two weeks of this may very well be 'Pretend you work for EA' for a little bit.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Anyone else having trouble accessing the awful jams site? Summer classes this year got in the way, along with hanging out with friends. I'm bad at time management and I should be ashamed of myself; I've got 6 days to cobble something together.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah or you could have some caffeine at 2 or 3 pm like a rational person, instead of dicking around with your amphetamine prescription

Let's be honest here, amphetamines beat out caffeine any day. But that's not the point, don't die from taking too much adderal, or publicly announce you're somewhat abusing your script.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Something Flappy
I followed a tutorial and beaten the wall of shame. :science:. I submit Something Flappy, it sounds exactly like it is, a Flappy Bird clone. I'm not proud and it isn't what I had in mind; but I can't ask for much else while juggling summer classes and battling poor time management.
I don't expect to even get judged but maybe I'll still win something for latest project start, 7/30/15.

I'm very excited to see and hopefully play everyone else's games. Watching people flesh their projects out and reading updates has been an awesome in of itself. Good luck to everyone submitting tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

quote:

Something Flappy

Things I liked:
  • You at least tried
  • n/a
  • n/a

Things I didn't like:
  • You didn't try hard enough
  • I'm sorry :(
  • This game would probably make Dong Nguyen roll in his grave

Stars Awarded For:
  • Style (Does the game look good?): Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V
  • Control (Does the game control well?): This controls worse than actual flappy bird
  • Damage (Is the critical omission clear?): Having an original idea?
  • Agression (Is the game well polished?): I'm putting as much effort into this review as you did with your game
  • Bonus (Does the game fit any of my bounties?): No

Final Score: 0 out of 5 stars

This is accurate, I can live with this.

For anyone else who want's to experience the terribleness I've added a link to a web build on the Something Flappy AwfulJam page.

• Locked thread