Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I'm not going to say I'm in, because that failed to make me finish the last two years, but I'm starting to have ideas for local colour.
There this urban legend here about an unopened subway station and a ghost train that I can mine for ideas and do what every other swedish dev does, make a lovely horror game.
There is lot of stuff to take from since both the station and the train actually exist, mostly anyway. My brother is a train nerd and has actually ridden on the "ghost train", so I should be able to get together all the info.
I might actually do this if I can figure out how to model two types of subway train(well one+ variant) and at least one subway station without too much effort.

Critical omission and games for grandma is a bit harder to get ideas for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Polo-Rican posted:

"Local Color" is unfair to people who live in Connecticut. I no longer live in CT, but have sympathy for those who do.

edit: this post was intended as a joke, but that category does actually strike me as a bit unfair, because some people will immediately have a near-infinite number of ideas to choose from whereas others will have a MUCH harder time coming up with something clever.

That's probably why they included ancestry as well, so even if you live in the most boring place, some one in the family has to have done something at least mildly interesting.
Maybe your grandmother had her poppy harvest ruined by opium junkies(Tower defense game), maybe you grandfather made bootleg Scottish tweed in Denmark during the fifties(Theme Bootlegger) or that time your mother met a min celebrity at the laundromat(Keeping it cool simulator) 1985).

Edit: misread the theme as local folklore or ancestry, not ancestral
folklore.

Hel fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 22, 2015

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

GlyphGryph posted:

SA folklore?

Just as a warning, http://lparchive.org/Awful-Fantasy/ is what happens when you do SA in-joke games. So I'd probably suggest not going too far in that direction.

• Locked thread