Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Earthbound is a game near and dear to my heart, and I wanted my first mafia game to be themed on something I loved. But I'm a goon, and we can't have nice things, so I present:

Earthboundfia, the tale of what happens after the game credits play.

As Giygus' possession leaves the minds of people, animals, and stop signs around the world, people are angry. They're confused. But mostly, they're angry. Nobody thinks they were acting weird, but everyone knows they got the snot beat out of them by some little kids. And they want their just desserts. They want to take those kids, and teach them what the world is really about. That's right; they want to sue the hell out of them!

A grouping of incredibly random victims of the child heroes have presented a lawsuit and expect a favorable judgement. They just have to find them first. Those kids have gone into hiding, assuming fake identities and even going so far as to present themselves as plaintiffs on the case. Yes, Eagleland law allows for children to both join and be the target of very suspicious lawsuits. It's worked for them in the past, and they aren't changing now.

You do not need to know anything about Earthbound to enjoy this game, but if you are an Earthbound fan, hopefully that will add to your enjoyment.

Days will be 48 hours, nights 24 hours. If a deadline is awkward for enough people, I will extend it.
Earthboundfia is a closed set up game for 16 players. with a moderate number of rolls.

Standard mafia rules apply, including, but not limited to:
-No editing your posts
-No talking OOT about the game unless specifically allowed
-Do not directly post mod PMs. If you think something might be questionable, ask me.
-No spectator posts.
-No posting after hammer
-If you die, do not post in the thread (a contentless ghost post is fine)
-No encryption, no toxx, no truth or dare
-Do I really need to keep going?
-Seriously, just be cool. This is a game we play with internet people for fun. Treat it as such.

Sample Win Con:
You win when all heroes have been successfully arrested.

Player List:
  1. CCKeane
  2. CommaToes
  3. DuckHuntDog
  4. Gamerofthegame
  5. Ghastly Gangsta
  6. GulagDolls
  7. Hal Incandenza
  8. imgay
  9. JakeP
  10. Kleedrac
  11. Little Mac
  12. Max
  13. Met
  14. Pinterest Mom
  15. Quidnose
  16. Somberbrero

Replacements:
Capitalist Pig

Day 1: Pintrest mom, vanilla town, was lynched
Night 1: Hal Incandenza, Vanilla town, was nk'd
Day 2: GameroftheGame, Vanilla town, was lynched
Night 2: Somberbrero, town-aligned jailor, was nk'd
Day 3: Met, vanilla town, was lynched
Night 3: Kleedrac, town-aligned mason recruiter, was ko'd. Max, town-aligned cop, was nk'd

Mithross fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
dammit why would you put this up when my one game at a time rule has gone into effect.

Put me as a replacement if GG's game ends.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm waaaay into this - I'm breaking my max games at a time rule but sign me up I wanna take a cracked bat to people! help find those snot-nosed kids!

Also I'm playing Citizens of Earth right now which is a spiritual successor to the Mother series- I highly recommend it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My life has slowed down considerably now, so yes I will play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You shall have my bat!

*tosses ness hat into ring*

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm contractually obligated to play in this game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I have tons of free time now thanks to ~summer~ so I will actually play in this game! Promise!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sure.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to play!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

hi im home from vacation and will be buzz buzz for sure

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Little Mac posted:

hi im home from vacation and will be buzz buzz for sure

You are a dung beetle, so it works.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Every time I move, I name my wifi network a different Earthbound enemy. My current network is Hostile Elder Oak.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

You are a dung beetle, so it works.

And you are just dung which is why I like you so much

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time I move, I name my wifi network a different Earthbound enemy. My current network is Hostile Elder Oak.

We do levels from games.

First we were "Koopa Castle #4." Then "Castle Dracula." And now since we're dual band we're "Green Hill Zone Act I" and "Green Hill Zone Act II."

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My wifi is called "Giit offf mah property!"

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I haven't played in a few months but yeah, I will play a Mother flavored game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hi DHD!

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Yo Quid.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am gone all weekend at a music festival and will probably have spotty reception so just letting everyone know!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is this full? Ill play if not

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll be hanging with my dad for father's day, but otherwise free this weekend. Doesn't look like it'll get going by then though.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Max posted:

I'll be hanging with my dad for father's day, but otherwise free this weekend. Doesn't look like it'll get going by then though.

If the game does start before Father's Day, I'll extend the first deadline out to compensate.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sure okay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
is this like super mario rpg?

i'm mallow.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd like to play

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
You need warm bodies to play this game? I think I have the time for it.

boing

Max
Nov 30, 2002

imgay posted:

I'd like to play

Set it up so that when the game starts I'm already voting for this guy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Same but for this guy

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Max posted:

No need to be a Porky

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mods please move this thread to the proper subforum (Imp Zone)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
okay but i'm just going to call it mother

mom

mooom

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can I round out this player list?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can I round out this player list?

You certainly can!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Claiming zombie in my confirmation post

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

My dating profile pic

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've never played Earthbound. My knowledge of it is just from Super Smash Bros.

JakeP posted:

My dating profile pic

Ayuck... :catdrugs: :okpos: :psypop:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

All role PMs should be out, I updated the OP with a little new info, votefinder box, etc. I extended the first day to make up for Father's Day, just in case.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): CCKeane, CommaToes, DuckHuntDog, Gamerofthegame, Ghastly Gangsta, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, imgay, JakeP, Kleedrac, Little Mac, Max, Met, Pinterest Mom, Quidnose, Somberbrero

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days, 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am confirming this is a mafia game.

• Locked thread