Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
home come only the posters with mental illness love gbs now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Simstim posted:

bullshit, there are goons who have had an axe to grind for gbs since the rules change. and it is always the most insufferable humorless goons who bitch constantly. complain about poo poo not being funny but never make a funny post themselves. be the change you want in life, lead by example

I strongly disagree, I loved the old GBS during the reign of Abe and Icequeen and posted there all the time because you had to think before you posted. People "experimenting" with whatever random thoughts pop into their heads are the problem with GBS. If you didn't have something interesting to say back in 2007 you could just find some other thread where you did have something interesting to add instead of wasting everyone's time with tedious "im gay this cuck that" posts. And part of the reason why GBS 1.0 veterans are so mad about it is that it's basically impossible to have a serious general discussion on SA because most of the other forums are too specialized, and even D&D's chat thread, as good as it is, has to accommodate everybody's conversations in the same thread so any ongoing conversation between two or more posters will peter out quickly amid all the competition from other topics.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

and even D&D's chat thread, as good as it is,

lmfao now i know i can ignore your opinion of what is "interesting"

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

ArmZ posted:

lmfao now i know i can ignore your opinion of what is "interesting"

It's a quote from a QCS thread lol

To continue:

Well I have difficulty remembering individual conversations from several years ago but I do remember a debate with Hardcore Sax and several other people that completely blew apart my preconceptions of what would now be called "social justice" but back then didn't really have a name. I was actually trying not to mention that before to avoid triggering Pavlovian SJWs reflexes in people but it's definitely a conversation that would be drowned in terrible posts in GBS 2.0, and is too broad in scope for D&D, but in 1.0 was quite civil and interesting and made me completely re-evaluate the way I looked at the world. Its success relied completely on the willingness of the moderators to eject anyone who tried to disrupt the conversation.

There were others that I remember much more dimly but that one was life-changing in the most literal way.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
post in gbs; change your life.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
but only if you use proper grammar and punctuation.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ancient Mariner posted:

home come only the posters with mental illness love gbs now?

you post bitterly and obsessively about the forums and otger ppls posting but have never once made a funny post yourself. why is this

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

you post bitterly and obsessively about the forums and otger ppls posting but have never once made a funny post yourself. why is this

you're not worthy of the effort

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ancient Mariner posted:

ok :(

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i already knnow the snswer i was just hoping youd have a breakthrough moment

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

i noticed that too. he's a real p.o.s.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ancient Mariner posted:

Please post on another forums

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

i noticed that too. he's a real p.o.s.