Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I played mountains of Anno 1404, a tiny bit of 2070, and I'm working on 2205, but I'm kinda in a slump just after getting the second tier of Lunar colonists. Not being able to set up complex trade routes where I route really optimal cargo loads and sell off excess goods is kind of a bummer, as is not having my trade routes visually traveling around the map (since it's all between sectors).

So I've been thinking about just going back to 1404, but I was wondering if there's A) any sweet mods or something, I dunno what I would ask for but I always ask if there's anything like that, B) some collection of really cool or neat map seeds people have found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Yeah, but it's not the same as having my like 12 ships in 1404 that are doing an intricate ballet of loading & unloading goods. My beautiful precious ballet of automation

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 21, 2017

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Alkydere posted:

I find with 1404/2070 it's best just to over-build your production stuff and not care if you have surplus. If you do just upgrade your storage either in your main city(ies) or in the island that's producing it. That done just check back every now and then.

I can definitely see the issues of going back though. Yes the old system is a more "realistic" system that actually models stuff having to be transported (provided you discount that all warehouses on a given island are connected via magical teleporters) but oh my god is the 2205 system so convenient.

The trick I always had when overbuilding was I always had an 'offload' point at one of the NPC ports for a lot of my trade routes. So I could have lots of really elaborate trade routes where some ships could make 4 or 5 stops, and sometimes even when I was operating at a deficit (red income), I was still technically generating huge income this way.

It was super pleasant just watching a really intricate dance where I had like 9 trade ships on all these routes sorta weave through the map.

• Locked thread