Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I added the word "That's" to my statement. Happy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Uh no this is his theme and what will be replacing the Star-Spangled Banner as the national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9PYIb0H2o

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
lol

Roger Stone posted:

Pathetic turd FrankLuntz begged @realDonaldTrump for corporate polling work - trashes Trump only after Trump declines

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Random Politico commentor is correct. Cruz has been eerily silent, angling no doubt, for the VP with Trump. However, the commentor wants Cruz to get desperate and toxic. I think Cruz wants the VP spot, and will shut up hiding in the shadows.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

The idea that Cruz, the biggest bomb thrower and demagogue in Congress, has taken one look at Trump and gone "There's no way in hell I can be louder then that guy" fills me with awe.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Zikan posted:

The idea that Cruz, the biggest bomb thrower and demagogue in Congress, has taken one look at Trump and gone "There's no way in hell I can be louder then that guy" fills me with awe.

Cruz is smart enough to know that poking Trump will just provoke his rage.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Dahn posted:

Cruz is smart enough to know that poking Trump will just provoke his rage.

Cruz is smart enough to know that being VP for Trump is the most assured way as VP to grow up to become the POTUS.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Der Kyhe posted:

Cruz is smart enough to know that being VP for Trump is the most assured way as VP to grow up to become the POTUS.

Get out of my head!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Can even Trump stretch the limits of credibility enough to say that Cruz is a cool dude that could make America great again under the guiding hand of Trump, unlike those other losers

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Lord of Pie posted:

Can even Trump stretch the limits of credibility enough to say that Cruz is a cool dude that could make America great again under the guiding hand of Trump, unlike those other losers

i have to believe he chooses another political outsider like himself. part of his appeal is that he really doesn't give a gently caress about having horrible ideas and then voicing them, and anyone who is an established politician is going to come off as coached and/or phony when trying to mimic that kind of behavior.

even someone who is completely unhinged from reality like Palin still has (failed) attempts at politics under her belt. i think he goes with someone who is also currently not a politician and is equally willing to echo whatever nonsense bullshit that trump screams from the top of his solid golden mansion, but also someone who is ultimately pliable and under trump's thumb. there's no way he picks someone that could potentially become a threat to his cult of personality, because that's what the entirety of his campaign is coasting on right now

Edit: in a weird kind of peace offering (sacrifice), roger ailes agrees to "encourage" megan kelly to become trump's running mate

Freaking Crumbum has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Aug 21, 2015

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If Trump calls Cruz a potato-faced, wimpy loser bitch, I promise I will vote for him

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
It's official, Trump is no longer funny.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/donald-trump-just-stopped-being-funny-20150821

Well it was fun while it lasted.....sigh

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dahn posted:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/donald-trump-just-stopped-being-funny-20150821

You know he's no longer funny when people are genuinely defending him in the comments section. :staredog:

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

quote:

It's not exactly telling people to get out there and beat people with metal rods. But when your response to news that a couple of jackasses just invoked your name when they beat the crap out of a homeless guy is to salute your "passionate" followers who "love this country," you've gone next-level.

that line right there is where the author plays his hand and reveals that this article too is just a media attempt at trolling. oh trump wouldn't come to heel for megyn kelly during the debate and now he won't accept blanket responsibility for the actions of two strangers who screamed his name in a vain attempt to avoid the consequences of their own actions. OH NO TRUMP IS THE BIG SCARY BOOGEY MAN NOW!

like seriously, does the author think trump should have fallen on his knees and begged the reporter interviewing him for forgiveness? i understand that there's middle ground between falling prostrate and making some kind of apologetic statement, but i don't think it casts trump as some kind of mega-villain just because he didn't accept full responsibility for those dudes' actions.

ArgoATX
Dec 10, 2014

homeless poster posted:

that line right there is where the author plays his hand and reveals that this article too is just a media attempt at trolling. oh trump wouldn't come to heel for megyn kelly during the debate and now he won't accept blanket responsibility for the actions of two strangers who screamed his name in a vain attempt to avoid the consequences of their own actions. OH NO TRUMP IS THE BIG SCARY BOOGEY MAN NOW!

like seriously, does the author think trump should have fallen on his knees and begged the reporter interviewing him for forgiveness? i understand that there's middle ground between falling prostrate and making some kind of apologetic statement, but i don't think it casts trump as some kind of mega-villain just because he didn't accept full responsibility for those dudes' actions.

how many lives do you think donald trump has directly ruined?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

homeless poster posted:

The Gawker tier of millennial journalists are going to have to invent entirely new tricks to stump the Trump, because he's absolutely immune to every social justice callout tactic in their arsenals.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The Gawker tier of millennial journalists are going to have to invent entirely new tricks to stump the Trump, because he's absolutely immune to every social justice callout tactic in their arsenals.

Have they tried self immolation?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Oceanlife posted:

Have they tried self immolation?

i can see hamilton nolan doing this

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

quote:

Trump is striking a chord with people who are feeling the squeeze in a less secure world and want to blame someone – the government, immigrants, political correctness, "incompetents," "dummies," Megyn Kelly, whoever – for their problems.

You know who else launched a political career by fanning fear and blaming others for perceived problems and injustices?

That's right, :godwin:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dahn posted:

Matt taibbi is a little baby

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

homeless poster posted:

Coulda included, I dunno, saying that's a hosed up thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

Matt taibbi is a little baby

Yep, what a dumb article. Oh no Donald's a big meanie :qq:

• Locked thread