Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/11/texas-man-dog-die-trapped-corvette/71053474/

How long was he in there that he could have died from heat exhaustion before he could be rescued?

What kind of clusterfuck was going on with the emergency responders that they weren't able to get the door open before he died?

The malfunction disabled the locks and horn, but no mention is made of whether or not the ignition was compromised. Why not just start the car and turn on the air conditioning/roll down the window?

Why would someone with enough money to afford a Corvette be eating at a Waffle House (traditionally a poor person venue)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Applewhite posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/11/texas-man-dog-die-trapped-corvette/71053474/

How long was he in there that he could have died from heat exhaustion before he could be rescued?

What kind of clusterfuck was going on with the emergency responders that they weren't able to get the door open before he died?

The malfunction disabled the locks and horn, but no mention is made of whether or not the ignition was compromised. Why not just start the car and turn on the air conditioning/roll down the window?

Why would someone with enough money to afford a Corvette be eating at a Waffle House (traditionally a poor person venue)?

Died locked in his Corvette with his dog outside a waffle house, is he an analogy of the south?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Old guys who buy brand new Corvettes and then drive them 30 mph is one of the most frustrating things on the road.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BigBoss posted:

Old guys who buy brand new Corvettes and then drive them 30 mph is one of the most frustrating things on the road.

Can't wait to be old and spend those ungrateful little shits' inheritance and piss off youngsters doing so.

Being old has rad rewards.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Even the first dude who responded (a commercial light duty auto repair service) should have had some loving sense to pick up a rock and break his window, holy loving poo poo. Was he conscious and begging people not to gently caress up his precious pretty car right up until he croaked?
e: nope, apparently the first dude saw he was already "gone" and decided no it's not worth the trouble to break his window

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 17, 2015

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Applewhite posted:

i dont think you really "get" what waffle house is

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
I'm glad he's dead. He sounds like an idiot and possibly fat.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
C7 Stingray rules tho

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

Even the first dude who responded (a commercial light duty auto repair service) should have had some loving sense to pick up a rock and break his window, holy loving poo poo. Was he conscious and begging people not to gently caress up his precious pretty car right up until he croaked?

Exactly what I was wondering. How is something like this even possible?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

all the first responders are true patriots who could not bring themselves to even scratch a true piece of American automotive superiority

the old man died knowing it was right that he do so

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
is this a fansy thread

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the real story: he was getting road head from his dog and the dog bit his weiner off and he bled out the end

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It'd be extremely tough to break the windows from the inside. Sucky way to go.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
What sort of old dumb idiot twat can't crack a window and ends up killing himself? Thats right, the sort of person who deserves to die.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

he was sitting on an embarrassingly large dildo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applewhite posted:

Exactly what I was wondering. How is something like this even possible?

Apparently he was already unconscious/dead when the first dude got there so he just farted around a bit (not breaking the window) and then called the fire department :confused:

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Well that's what happens when you get all loose on joose and head to the waffle house.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

i dont think you really "get" what waffle house is

Scattered, smothered and covered for all walks of life.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

also chunked and topped

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

kinda hungry for Waffle House now

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Man that poor dog! :smith:

Old guy is a piece of poo poo and I'm glad he's dead. Really sad about the dog though!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sound posted:

"Sorry you are poor" -op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wafflz posted:

"Sorry you are poor" -op

I'm also sorry that you live in the American South.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sound posted:

Don't go, I hear that place is surrounded by heaps of cars with dead people in them.

Unless thats your thing I guess.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
woflmao

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

e: nope, apparently the first dude saw he was already "gone" and decided no it's not worth the trouble to break his window

Bystander1:Holy poo poo that guy needs help. Let's carefully break a window in the rear of the vehicle so we can get inside and check his pulse and try to help hi-
Bystander 2:Nah he's "gone." I can tell by lookin' :clint:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I'm also sorry that you live in the American South.

Is this some sort of contest to see how many times you can be wrong in one thread?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wafflz posted:

Is this some sort of contest to see how many times you can be wrong in one thread?

Death to traitors.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
American engineering scores another victim.

:911:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i died in a car once it was a terrible way to go except i drvoe mine off of a cliff at high speeds

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
According to the guy from "AutoAid" that they called to get him out, none of you "armchair geniuses" would have been able to get into the car and save him. Nope, the 2007 Corvette is an impregnable fortress of a vehicle that is utterly impervious to intrusion.

Windows? What are those?

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
"police believe her dad made a valiant effort to escape and possibly died while looking through the car's manual."

I really don't see how anything that could be considered valiant could have taken place inside that car while the man was foolishly trapped inside.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Hot Jam posted:

"police believe her dad made a valiant effort to escape and possibly died while looking through the car's manual."

I really don't see how anything that could be considered valiant could have taken place inside that car while the man was foolishly trapped inside.

self delusion about a human being dad lmao

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Hot Jam posted:

The car has a door release under the seat or something dumb like that. It is more of a foolish design than anything.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't really think the old dude has a lot to be blamed for other than owning a really dangerous oven disguised as a luxury sports car.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

-who does he think he are??
-where did he get that car?!!??

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
are these like motorized lambo doors now i really do not get this

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

djwetmouse posted:

Died locked in his Corvette with his dog outside a waffle house, is he an analogy of the south?

That depends. How fat was he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What the hell happened to our society that we don't take the opportunity to smash up a rich old man's luxury car even when we could get away with it, and even be praised for it?!

• Locked thread