Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
People who don't read their owner's manual deserve what they get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

are these like motorized lambo doors now i really do not get this

Apparently there is no obvious physical lock, just the electronic lock/unlock button. So it went like this:
1. Eats at waffle house.
2. Walks outside and gets in car.
3. Power cable disconnect, car goes into fail-safe lock down mode.
4. Man valiantly tries to read the car manual.
5. Car expert shows up, decides car is impenetrable and man is already dead anyway.
6. Man dies.
7. Firefighters show up and smash a window.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when bad design hits idiot users i guess.

his family doesnt have to work again

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Leon Einstein posted:

The car has a door release under the seat or something dumb like that. It is more of a foolish design than anything.

why dont they just put the door release on the door, maybe mid height so that its easily accessable and make it some type of handle so anyone can open the door

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
lol the release was within arms reach. anyways I carry one of those window breaker/seat belt cutters in my autos. p good idea

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
always buy the convertible

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Raku posted:

always buy the convertible

It was a Corvette C6, it has a Targa top that's removable by undoing 3 latches.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fyodor posted:

C7 Stingray rules tho

ya its a nice looking car and is fast too bad its built by GM and will probably be a rattly, falling apart mess in 5 years.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Fallows posted:

why dont they just put the door release on the door, maybe mid height so that its easily accessable and make it some type of handle so anyone can open the door
Luxurious means impractical.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Fallows posted:

I don't think you understand the exclusive privilege of being a Corvette owner my friend

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

What the hell happened to our society that we don't take the opportunity to smash up a rich old man's luxury car even when we could get away with it, and even be praised for it?!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and that old man was albert einstein

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Axolotl posted:

It was a Corvette C6, it has a Targa top that's removable by undoing 3 latches.

lol. Also, don't cars made that recent have that trunk release inside? Not familiar with vettes, but most cars you can get to the trunk by pulling seats.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
rip in peace old dead rich guy

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Pick posted:

What the hell happened to our society that we don't take the opportunity to smash up a rich old man's luxury car even when we could get away with it, and even be praised for it?!

it is a lot less cool to break poo poo when it doesnt hurt anybody's feelings idiot

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

you'd think as a minority he would appreciate the fact that there are thirsty people out in the world and.... idk... not waste his beverage.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

you'd think as a minority he would appreciate the fact that there are thirsty people out in the world and.... idk... not waste his beverage.

He's pouring it on a car with a man trapped inside to cool him off. Making a better effort than the white dude.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the old dude was def masturbating.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Noblesse Obliged posted:

he was sitting on an embarrassingly large dildo

Serious Frolicking posted:

the old dude was def masturbating.

probably why the first dude didnt break the window

reading the owners manual, lol, more like spanking it to applewhite's futa cyoa thread

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
what man wouldnt want to die in his corvette

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
More I think about I think this is how I'd like to go. Don't want to see my dog die so he'll come with me. Old dude was on to something purposefully roasting himself alive.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
hes like that goon that baked himself to death except he wasnt in a beater in his driveway leaving his druggie family with nothing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

fyodor posted:

C7 Stingray rules tho
its so ugly tho

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I would watch the rich old man slowly roast and die too

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
I have regretfully been inside two Waffle Houses and both smelled more strongly of tobacco products than food.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Clearly the Waffle House's Night Cook ensorcelled everyone involved

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
It could've been worse he could have died in a mustang.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it could have been worse he could have been something other than an old rich white southern guy.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Exactly what questions would you expect to be answered by the death of an elderly man trapped in a corvette?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Exactly what questions would you expect to be answered by the death of an elderly man trapped in a corvette?

is it possible for an accidental death to not be tragic at all?

a: not this time, because a dog died too.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

"Is this a fun way to watch old men die?"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

numberoneposter posted:

its so ugly tho

look at this loving moron

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Pick posted:

lol dawg its a corvette not a bentley

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

AKA Pseudonym posted:

the old man sits in his car, its interior baking in the hot sun, reading the manual trying to work out how to open the door, but he can’t, not without your help. and you’re not helping. Why is that?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
new viral publicity for saw movie

HELLO JAMES

I WANT TO PLAY A GAME

IT SEEMS YOU ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU KNEW BETTER, THAT YOU NEVER HAD TO BE TOLD ANYTHING. YOU'LL FIND THE ESCAPE FROM THIS CAR IS EASY, BUT YOU NEVER READ THE MANUAL. HOW EASY IS IT REALLY, JAMES? BE QUICK, IT'S GETTING HOT OUT. LIVE OR DIE, JAMES.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

Old guys who buy brand new Corvettes and then drive them 30 mph is one of the most frustrating things on the road.

Yes I would much rather grandpa be driving it like a race car on public streets, that would be much less dangerous and frustrating imo.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

More I think about I think this is how I'd like to go. Don't want to see my dog die so he'll come with me. Old dude was on to something purposefully roasting himself alive.
the happy medium between eating the rich and not eating the rich. car-induced euthanasia. insta-cremates them with their most priced possessions, it's brilliant

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

dont got to be that rich to have an off lease 2007 corvette.

but eat the rich for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if he wasnt rich, the other purpose of old people is to dispense wisdom. i kinda doubt that a guy who got trapped inside his own car and died had much of that.

• Locked thread