Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

oh wow our yuppie service economy of uber-for-x is actually built on the backs of exploited poors? WHO KNEW!!

:orders indigent mexican house cleaner from slick looking app to clean up my outrage vomit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

all companies should be forced to pay me 50-60 grand a year so i can sit around and watch anime and stuff because it's my right as a human being to get things for nothing

the dream of every basic income advocate

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

if this results in fewer startups calling their service the next 'uber of x', then it might all be worth it.

was at a business pitching event recently and one startup unironically called themselves the 'uber of cooking utensils'.

KITCHN DRAWRR - UBER FOR COOKING UTENSILS

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

then ill make a website with cool scrolling and really informal language and use lots of short sentences to seem down-to-earth

This is BoxBer. It's simple. Really.

thats my slogan

I'm going to invest all my SA Posting Points in your company. I'm now your advisor.

1) get an .io domain name
2) Change company name to BoxBr(.io)
3) profit

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Noblesse Obliged posted:

cheap cars for hire will directly oppose clean and efficient public subways and LRT use. why take smelly subway when i can get a car for hire for cheap.

the taxi industry is lovely but uber is a blight that is showing that personal convenience will always trump sound public policy even for the most left leaning people

in all seriousness uber is/was a pretty solid application of technology to disrupting an entrenched industry

like the taxi industry is so lovely because they have a blessed legal monopoly on driving people places. in summary everyone is horrible, but the world is probably ultimately a better place after uber levels a few kicks into a hosed, archaic taxi system.

agree generally wrt public transit, but there are plenty of cases where cars and public transit do not realistically compete for every passenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

now that boxbr.io has taken off, we need a proof of concept video starring a borderline-attractive everyman hipster who is constantly looking slightly confused, and someone to write a really simple acoustic guitar track with some xylophone or some poo poo in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YBtspm8j8M

• Locked thread