Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

...?

How...is it supposed to be pronounced?

Like Gargamel's cat.

VVV that's what I was "mad" about in the first place! :argh:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Oh, I didn't know he was talking about Azreal. I thought they were talking about some other Batman villain called Azazel. Why focus on the pronunciation when he just said the wrong name entirely?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

you heard it here first, the arkham knight is azazel (who is azazel?)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

This guy (who is in Arkham Knight)

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

No, that is Azrael. I said Azazel.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Seriouspost: That Batmobile combat challenge looked super un-fun. I hope that's not too representative.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CuwiKhons posted:

Place your bets on the identity of the Arkham Knight!
Azreal
Hush
Azazel
Quincy Sharp
Azayzel
The Joker
Aziz Ansari

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Quincy Sharp

No contest.

Also it's the Penguin.

I wasn't that excited for this game, but drat, I really am now! I can't wait.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
The Arkham Knight is literally just Nolan North in a costume.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Sober posted:

The Arkham Knight is literally just Nolan North in a costume.

So he's the Boss from Saint's Row? If so Batman is kinda hosed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Azreal
Hush
Azazel
Quincy Sharp
Azayzel
The Joker
Aziz Ansari

It's gonna be a clone.

Of the Joker.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Clearly the Arkham Knight is Frank Boles.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

The Arkham Knight is a zombified Electrocutioner.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

-__________________-

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Codependent Poster posted:

It's gonna be a clone.

Of the Joker.

Almost. Joker clone Amadeus Arkham's ghost something something Lazarus pit was the answer we were looking for.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Again, the identity of the Arkham Knight was spoiled months ago:

The Arkham Knight is going to be Joker's cloned corpse of brainwashed Jason Todd, hypnotized by the Mad Hatter into believing he is Talia al Ghul, surgically planted in a HARDAC body replica of Barbara Gordon, enhanced with meditation techniques passed down by Lady Shiva(really a fake imitation created by Poison Ivy) that have rewritten its personality to mimic Damien, transformed by the Lazarus Pit and the treatments of the ghost of Professor Strange into a perfect copy of Solomon Wayne that believes he is the heir of the mantle of Batman's future Cadmus project clone-child's illegitimate ward, Man-Bat, only he's gone into a fugue state where he believes he is actually a retconned character from a previous version of the universe(before Ultimate Crisis), Red Hood, who has a secondary backup personality in the case of subconscious tampering by the Court of Owls, which has prepared for the situation by studying and perfectly mimicking the behaviors, tics and techniques of the Gray Ghost, which will be revealed to call himself the Joker, Azazreyzael.

Saint Freak, could we just add this to the OP already?

edit: This is a joke, just to be clear.

edit 2: That Riddler material was custom-made for the exhibition, including the voicework! This is what having an incredibly streamlined, wide-capacity process for recording lets you do.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 18, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

redbackground posted:

Seriouspost: That Batmobile combat challenge looked super un-fun. I hope that's not too representative.

It looks pretty bad but since you get bonus time for every tank you blow up I'm guessing you'll only have to put up with it for about a minute instead of 6 if you want 3 stars.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im disappointed Azrael isn't a bonus character, or even a Jean-Paul Valley version with souped-up robot armor, but I guess Red Hood fulfills the "violent batguy" quota for this game.

are there going to be combat challenge maps where you can play with dual heroes?I've only seen it shown for story-based fights.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

Jean-Paul Valley version with souped-up robot armor

Why can't we get this? This is the best version of Azrael :(

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

MinibarMatchman posted:

are there going to be combat challenge maps where you can play with dual heroes?I've only seen it shown for story-based fights.

Nothing's been announced, but it's one of those things where they'd have to be crazy not to include it. Which they may very well be.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
One of the videos showed a Batcave challenge map with Batman and Nightwing dual play.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

One of the videos showed a Batcave challenge map with Batman and Nightwing dual play.

nice, hope I can also put crazy fucks like Red Hood and Harley with Batman on those maps. Origins only having Deathstroke and Batman was a real bummer. Yes I know Bruce Wayne was also in there but come on, that doesn't compare to Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman

also if they have a baby option to "buy all combat challenge unlocks" I would do that because gently caress going through every goddamn riddler thing just to unlock fun challenge maps, son

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

iGestalt posted:

Why can't we get this? This is the best version of Azrael :(

I'm still holding on to the hope that this is the post story free roam mode, and has to do with the 'knightfall protocol' that the strategy guide scan's spoiled. I'm sure it won't be that cool in reality though...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The Arkham Knight is Bruce Wayne's fractured psyche after being exposed to fear gas prior to the events of the game, nobody but Batman will actually see or interact with Arkham Knight and this will be the big reveal like 90% of the way through the game. A split personality of Bruce Wayne's is firing up the drone factory and hiring merc squads.

Anyway, this'll be proven wrong when Two Face or somebody talks to the Arkham Knight in the first 10 minutes of the game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm going to post Arkham Knights identity without spoilers as soon as it leaks if you guys don't knock it off.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm going to post Arkham Knights identity without spoilers as soon as it leaks if you guys don't knock it off.

Arkham Knight is imaginary, as is the entire series. It all exists in the mind of autistic 8 year old Bruce Wayne staring at a snow globe of Gotham.

Edit: All of this is revealed to be a dream of Bob Newhart

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Saint Freak posted:

Arkham Knight is imaginary, as is the entire series. It all exists in the mind of autistic 8 year old Bruce Wayne staring at a snow globe of Gotham.

Edit: All of this is revealed to be a dream of Bob Newhart

In this imaginary universe, Howie Mandel still has hair.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
The Arkham Knight is an entity that came about when Bruce Wayne's immense psychic power combined with Joker's insanity.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

AngryBooch posted:

The Arkham Knight is Bruce Wayne's fractured psyche after being exposed to fear gas prior to the events of the game, nobody but Batman will actually see or interact with Arkham Knight and this will be the big reveal like 90% of the way through the game. A split personality of Bruce Wayne's is firing up the drone factory and hiring merc squads.

Anyway, this'll be proven wrong when Two Face or somebody talks to the Arkham Knight in the first 10 minutes of the game.

My first thought was that it would be something like this, I hope it isn't actually this lame.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm going to do it

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Saint Freak posted:

Aziz Ansari
plz

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

arkham knight way too tall to be aziz imsorry

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Darke GBF posted:

The Arkham Knight is an entity that came about when Bruce Wayne's immense psychic power combined with Joker's insanity.

The Arkham Knight is Vince McMahon.

It was me, Austin!Batman! It was me all along!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Arkham Knight is an O.M.A.C.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I think the Arkham Knight is Mad Stan,myself.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Arkham Knight will be Stan Lee.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

then it won't matter what you post because everyone will think you're bullshitting

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

VolticSurge posted:

I think the Arkham Knight is Mad Stan,myself.

So just Henry Rollins. I'm okay with that.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I'd really like it if they made one of these ultra gritty games with the villains from the 60s tv show.

I mean, how awesome would it be to punch King Tut in his fat loving face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Platypus Farm posted:

I'd really like it if they made one of these ultra gritty games with the villains from the 60s tv show.

I mean, how awesome would it be to punch King Tut in his fat loving face?

Get Maurice LaMarche to play Vincent Price playing Egghead.

• Locked thread