Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So I guess depending on which of the four ways you interpret that tweet, there's a 25% chance I've made good on my threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I hope that during the Batmobile tutorials, when you start gunning down random criminals, Oracle or Alfred or Nightwing or whoever calls you out and Batman just responds with the "Rubber bullets. Honest." line from DKR.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

poptart_fairy posted:

The store I pre-ordered with said if it comes in early I can get it early. :buddy:

It won't come in early will it. :smith:

Gamestop told me I could come in for mine on Monday at 9 pm. That's not really THAT early, but it's somethin.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

net cafe scandal posted:

So I guess depending on which of the four ways you interpret that tweet, there's a 25% chance I've made good on my threat.

What tweet?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, I didn't post the actual Tweet. Just proof he was as far as he said he was.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mogomra posted:

What tweet?

Some guy beat an early copy of Arkham Knight and said that the Arkham Knight is Robin whatever that means (dick? tim? jason? damian?) and that the Joker is in the game.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Honestly, none of that is surprising. :shrug: That's what we've all been (seriously) saying for a while.

Thanks for the rundown!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Please don't feel the need to use unmarked spoilers in here, though I know you guys won't because you're all cool, like me.

I have a question about a Premium Edition AK game I bought on NZGameshop a little while back, it's probably relevant to other online cheap steam selling guys. I've already done all my ordering and paying and whatnot and the site says: "Awaiting game release" before I'll get my key. My question is does this mean I won't be able to do a preload since I wont get my key until the actual release, or do they give the key out at preload time to take account for this or what? Also torrent sites usually have the steampreload of certain games up before the game releases, could I copy one of these into my proper steam folder and have that work as a preload or not?

Basically I'm so super excited and I can't wait.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

net cafe scandal posted:

Some guy beat an early copy of Arkham Knight and said that the Arkham Knight is Robin whatever that means (dick? tim? jason? damian?) and that the Joker is in the game.

We've pretty much guessed that Joker would be in the game in the form of a fear hallucination for as long as we've known Scarecrow was the main man. I'm not even going to spoiler that because I don't know if it's true or not but we've been speculating that for literally more than two years.

As to the other thing, I don't know. It just feels like the most obvious set of guesses.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its true and not a hallucination.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well sort of. Lets all just find out when we play the game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh man, so the pretty cool Red Hood design is going to waste?. Laaaaame

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
I'm probably just going to stop reading this thread until I've finished the game. I appreciate the spoilers, but once people start playing I imagine the conversations will be nothing but spoilers, so it's probably not even worth it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bushmaori posted:

Please don't feel the need to use unmarked spoilers in here, though I know you guys won't because you're all cool, like me.

I have a question about a Premium Edition AK game I bought on NZGameshop a little while back, it's probably relevant to other online cheap steam selling guys. I've already done all my ordering and paying and whatnot and the site says: "Awaiting game release" before I'll get my key. My question is does this mean I won't be able to do a preload since I wont get my key until the actual release, or do they give the key out at preload time to take account for this or what? Also torrent sites usually have the steampreload of certain games up before the game releases, could I copy one of these into my proper steam folder and have that work as a preload or not?

When they deliver their codes vary - I've had them be late before, I'm afraid, so we may indeed not get to pre-load.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I remember that the very first shot of the E3 video, traveling over the incinerator, passed over the brand name "Robinson".

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Always watching, ever vigilant.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't really know what you're getting at but that woman was the chillest female games journo I've ever seen.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't really know what you're getting at but that woman was the chillest female games journo I've ever seen.

i figured it was about the creepazoid on the left practically going <_> at keeping one eye on the screen and the other on her legs

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Top left of the image.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

Top left of the image.

Lmfao

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Discendo Vox posted:

:colbert: Excuse me, I believe you mean HARDAC.

HARDAC was the big computer CARDAC was the robotic Batman jesus loving christ people.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
:stare:

Well, I just saw something I didn't expect to see from this game.

Major spoilers, of course, but I'm referring to the third link in that post.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 19, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Neo Rasa posted:

HARDAC was the big computer CARDAC was the robotic Batman jesus loving christ people.

I can find no references to this, are you sure?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any news on how the game performs on PS4 yet?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

Always watching, ever vigilant.

....is she cupping her own boob?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bushmaori posted:

BreakAtmo posted:

When they deliver their codes vary - I've had them be late before, I'm afraid, so we may indeed not get to pre-load.

Spoke too soon - my game and SP codes just appeared in my email.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm glad they tied the rocket boost in with the drifting, that combination (guessing it originated from Mario Kart?) is probably my all-time favourite gameplay mechanic. Just intrinsically satisfying somehow.

Really hope the team on the melee Batman cross-pollinated with the Batmobile guys and that nice crunchy rhythmical combat somehow makes it's way into the driving. Combos for near-misses, drifts, jumps & smashing through lovely Physx masonry, kinda like Driver SF. Must rewatch the gameplay footage, but I don't recall seeing anything like that unfortunately :(

Also, what's the cheapest I can get this for? Just the base game, don't care about dlc at the minute

Faux-Ass Nonsense fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 19, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

review are going up. Polygon gave it a 10. GameSpot gave it a 7. Interesting.

edit: IGN 9.2, GameInformer 9.5

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 19, 2015

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

review are going up. Polygon gave it a 10. GameSpot gave it a 7. Interesting.

edit: IGN 9.2, GameInformer 9.5

That's an easy one. Polygon should always and forever be ignored.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WMain00 posted:

That's an easy one. Polygon should always and forever be ignored.

surprisingly it's a pretty standard review by a guy who probably loves the franchise. Zero "Polygon tropes" by him. I'm the first out the gate to say gently caress polygon but the worst crime this review perpetrates is that it's really short.

General consensus seems to be that yeah it's bigger and better and badder, it's Batman, if you liked the other 2 you'll like this one lots.

Game Informer seems to indicate that new Azrael is one of the combat buddies which really owns.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

Game Informer seems to indicate that new Azrael is one of the combat buddies which really owns.

Hell yeah, I hope he is playable on challenge maps too.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

All the spoilers and reviews are just increasing my hype for this game. It's going to be a long few days.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Mogomra posted:

All the spoilers and reviews are just increasing my hype for this game. It's going to be a long few days.

Gamespot, whom I trust the most on reviews given I typically always share their opinion on most things, gave it a 70. Everyone else is glowing, hmm. I mean I'm definitely going to play this I'm just not sure on whether its a buy or Gamefly. There is a bunch of additional story content coming down the pipe, right? If that's the case Ill go ahead and pick it up.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Ugh, Gamespot spoils Man-Bat's appearance. I mean, maybe you all already knew, but I never saw him in any of the promotional stuff I looked at.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm going to post Arkham Knights identity without spoilers as soon as it leaks if you guys don't knock it off.

If you don't, I will.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man every reviewer hates the batmobile stuff. How unexpected.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

surprisingly it's a pretty standard review by a guy who probably loves the franchise. Zero "Polygon tropes" by him. I'm the first out the gate to say gently caress polygon but the worst crime this review perpetrates is that it's really short.

I knew without checking it was one of the McElroys. Its a huge bummer that Justin and Griffin are at such a lame site, they're really funny dudes and their (non-gaming) podcast My Brother, My Brother, and Me is so good. They videos they do together for Polygon are the best things on that site.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Man every reviewer hates the batmobile stuff. How unexpected.

Yep. No surprise there.

I only hope there's a point where the Batmobile is hijacked and you have to fight it. That might make up for it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

The Human Crouton posted:

Yep. No surprise there.

I only hope there's a point where the Batmobile is hijacked and you have to fight it. That might make up for it.

Yeah, but then all Batman has to do is hack the radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I knew the Batmobile was gonna flop. I want no parts of vehicle combat or really any vehicle segment. I know it's part of Batman, but still, I wish we could've just...not.

Can someone refresh my memory on the point in the Season Pass? I pre-ordered at GameStop, so I'm already getting Harley and Jason. Is it just Barbara and some skins? Cause that doesn't seem worth $40.

• Locked thread