Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kin posted:

Right, spoilers are coming out. Time to leave the thread.

pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:siren:SPOILERS:siren:

subtle

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

That... seems a silly way to do things. The mail system where I live is garbage to the point where I saw an article in the paper the other day where a letter look 8 days to get across town, having worked for the mail center here I can vouch for that being predictable. So much for playing the game on release, sigh.

I meant email. The code was inside the email they sent me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I was hoping that spoiler was a joke. That's a lame twist.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 20, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spoilers...The Arkham Knight is Jason Todd, who used to be Robin.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ha ha, goddamn. Q: What is under the arkham knight's mask? A: Another mask.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Its extremely awesome.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

That's how it was in the Red Hood movie. Maybe he's wearing a domino mask under this one too

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Well, I guess that means Arkham Knight's a playable character

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well at least it seems that the Red Hood DLC happens AFTER the main game so that awesome design isn't going to waste. I do hope the bit about the Joker branding Jason's face with a J is bullshit though

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

That's how it was in the Red Hood movie. Maybe he's wearing a domino mask under this one too

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, what's his angle for being the Arkham Knight, anyway? I thought he was against criminal activity, but here he is cooperating with literally everyone. Is he planning to gas the city with Scarecrow's weapon to take them all out or something?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can't believe Arkham Knight was the guy everyone easily predicted based on limited promotional material.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can't believe Arkham Knight was the guy everyone easily predicted based on limited promotional material.

They gave the Red Hood toy and the Arkham Knight toy the same model of gun.. just thought that was kind of funny.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

They gave the Red Hood toy and the Arkham Knight toy the same model of gun.. just thought that was kind of funny.

Lmfao.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, what's his angle for being the Arkham Knight, anyway? I thought he was against criminal activity, but here he is cooperating with literally everyone. Is he planning to gas the city with Scarecrow's weapon to take them all out or something?

lovely writing :v:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's funny to me that people care about who arkham knight is like it's going to be a Darth Revan level unmasking.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

None of the Arkham games have been well written. Some have been more well written than others, but that's like saying that the flu is better than dysentery. I don't mind the bad writing unless it's outright offensive, but I guess I am a little disappointed that Rocksteady couldn't resist the single most obvious plot twist in the world.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Both Arkham games have extremely badass openings and then halfway through the scriptwriters administer the plot with weapons grade AIDS.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

thinking about it now I think they just have no idea how to write a third act.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

That is true of many comics as well (starting strong but ending weak out of a lack of desire for real, permanent change) so it seems like a valid point.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I honestly thought the Arkham Knight was just referring to batman himself, I didn't know it was an actual villain lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Batman vs. Jason

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bushmaori posted:

Did you use the NZGameshop as well? Mine says dispatched but I don't have a key in my email so I hope they're not doing anything dumb like snailmailing me a cdkey...

Also thanks for all the help, fella.

Technically I used OZGameshop, but it's all the same company from what I understand - both sites are merely mirrors of the U.K. original, 365games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Red Hood DLC takes place after Arkham Knight (so I guess fuckin lol I guess Batman just lets him go despite all the murder) so I imagine this is the period between 'I got beat to death with a crowbar because I was your buddy you gently caress' and 'I'm a lovely Punisher clone'

So basically my guess is

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's just so lame to make it the most obvious and expected dude for the role. Like, there are so many people Batman has hosed over either by accident or on purpose they have to go with the one that nearly any Batman fan can go 'oh yea, no duh' to.

Oh well, game looks fun as poo poo except for the Batmobile stuff, still gonna be great. Comic book video game has lovely writing, news at 11.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I found out some details on GameFAQs. I saw some stuff on Instagram that confirms this.

Blackfire posted:

MASSIVE SPOILERS Joker has a very big role in the game. He's still dead but batman see him a lot through out the whole game with joker commenting on events and areas. Joker is literally in batmans cells because of the blood thing from arkham city. There are also 4 fake "jokers" who are also suffering from the same thing batman is and are turning into joker. Later in the game you play as joker in batmans head and even get a joker mobile. The final boss is scarecrow but the real final battle happens in batmans head with him fighting joker. Ive seen videos an pics of some of this btw and i was asked not to share find cawitachi and pm him and he'll send you them. But note some have been taken down since yesterday the rest is from the twitter leaker

Goddammit. :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I found out some details on GameFAQs. I saw some stuff on Instagram that confirms this.

That could either be neat or super dumb.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

hahahahahaha

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just remembered like every video the past few days has been stressing "The Knight is a BRAND NEW CHARACTER, there's NO history there".

Haha.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just remembered like every video the past few days has been stressing "The Knight is a BRAND NEW CHARACTER, there's NO history there".

Haha.

they devoted hours and hours to that and everyone saw it coming a mile away lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

ok i actually love this. thats hilarious and the jokermobile makes all the batmobile crap worth it

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

its like going to deviantart and seeing a palette swapped version of sonic and the text says "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Links for proof.

Joker Lady

Joker Guy

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 20, 2015

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Both those links are broken,nice try.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Nah he is always a criminal. He is an enemy of the Bat Family for the most part and part of his debut was being a crime boss. He had no issue with working with criminals and had a ton of hench men and with his own drug cartel. The only thing differing him from his rival crime lord Black Mask was that his gang did not sell drugs to children.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Both those links are broken,nice try.

Seriously? They work for me. I'll edit them and see if that fixed them.

Here's the guy's Instagram.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nah he is always a criminal. He is an enemy of the Bat Family for the most part and part of his debut was being a crime boss. He had no issue with working with criminals and had a ton of hench men and with his own drug cartel. The only thing differing him from his rival crime lord Black Mask was that his gang did not sell drugs to children.

Untrue.

While he did restrict the drug selling, the whole point of getting involved with Mask's operation was entirely to gently caress with Batman. And in fact, the people focerd to work with him ended dead most of the time.

On the comics it was to show how his methods were better while on the movie was to get Mask so desperate that he would release the Joker from Arkham.

In any case, the whole thing about him being the AK is a lovely twist because is a retread of Under the Red Hood with him under another alias for no goddamn reason and how RS barked non stop that the AK was a whole new character

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oh, no marked spoilers are a thing? Cool. Big gently caress you to all of you who announced it. Did I guess it? It crossed my mind. Would I have liked to be surprised? Obviously, drat. No more of this thread then.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Story? I just want to do hoodrat stuff with batmans. I hope amazon brings my preorder on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^This is the truth of the Arkham series, though

MonsterEnvy posted:

He was a crimeboss who was super obviously just using stupid mooks to take out other crime families, though. Him going 'yea Firefly, the guy who wants to burn firemen alive, and yea Scarecrow the guy who wants to literally turn this city to rubble through anarchy, let's be bros and work together to kill Batman' is a pretty new direction. He's an enemy of the bat family because Batman hates what he does and feels ashamed by proxy, he doesn't really try to kill Batman.

• Locked thread