Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is pretty legitimately lovely to discuss a major unmarked plot spoiler in the thread for an unreleased game, regardless of the actual context of the spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Soooo what about that Final Fantasy 7 remake

edit: wrong thread damnit

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

{spoikler]batman is bruce wane[/spoilers]

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There's a full leak of details on 4chan I'm reading through now. I'll avoid posting the whole thing since I don't want to ruin the story for anyone who cares, but I can confirm some villains.

Man-Bat, Deacon Blackfire, Deathstroke, Professor Pyg, Hush

And villains who apparently aren't in the game.

Bane, Ra's al Ghul, Calendar Man

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 20, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
See this game can have all the dumb plot point it wants, all those villains (if they're actual active villains to handle and not just 'oooh see look he's in the crowd shot') are dudes I'm super into being in the game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:siren:MORE SPOILERS:siren:
Oh, gently caress you Rocksteady

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I just think it's hilarious Rocksteady just absolutely could not have a game without the joker.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just think it's hilarious Rocksteady just absolutely could not have a game without the joker.

He is the center of the DC Universe,as has been stated before. DC probably mandated it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's a full leak of details on 4chan I'm reading through now. I'll avoid posting the whole thing since I don't want to ruin the story for anyone who cares, but I can confirm some villains.

Man-Bat, Deacon Blackfire, Deathstroke, Professor Pyg, Hush

Those all are awesome, really glad they're in the game.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I can see where rocksteady could argue following the letter of the rules if not the spirit. Arkham knight is an original character. We didn't say anything about the person inside. Joker is dead. Doesn't mean he can't influence the story.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Aquasnake posted:

I can see where rocksteady could argue following the letter of the rules if not the spirit. Arkham knight is an original character. We didn't say anything about the person inside. Joker is dead. Doesn't mean he can't influence the story.

Considering the number of people bitching about joker fatigue in the arkham thread, it is extremely lazy. I.E. Jason but gently caress it, writing is dead.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Is this Jason Todd, or Ashley Todd?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aquasnake posted:

It's just such a dumb little 'nyaaa see we said it like this so we didn't lie' thing though. Like, constantly saying "The Knight is a brand new character, never seen before, never written about, no backstory" (I'm literally taking these statements from past videos) and then having the big 'twist' be 'no it was the guy you all expected who has a TON of history and backstory, but he's USING A DIFFERENT NAME :smug: is just so lazy. That's not a twist, you just lied. If I put on a murder mystery thing and say 'now I can tell you for sure it ISN'T the butler' and then at the end I go 'it's the butler, but no see he's actually a secret KGB agent we never hinted at before this moment, so technically he isn't 'the butler' at all!' that's not me being clever. Like, I'm still into this game super hard, the mechanics look awesome and it has a ton of cool poo poo, but this is just such a lovely bad comic book twist.

Also the 'Joker's dead but not gone' was a neat element...a game ago...now it's just a rehash.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr E posted:

Those all are awesome, really glad they're in the game.

In regards to Deathstroke, though, he's apparently a Batmobile boss.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also the 'Joker's dead but not gone' was a neat element...a game ago...now it's just a rehash.

A... game ago where The Joker died at the end of the game and the only game since then was a prequel made by a different development team?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
You're criticizing a facet of a game I like? H...how dare you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jason Todd looks like a loving dork with that J branded on his face. Not that he doesn't look like one normally, but still. The Arkham Knight design was cool and I'm a bit disappointed that it was used on this reveal. The Joker stuff is all stupid and dumb, lol.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 20, 2015

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Eurogamer is working on a tech rundown of Arkham Knight on PS4. This is their early judgment:

Digital Foundry posted:

It's a sad fact that this generation's big releases are often playing catch-up on their promises post-launch - a "release now, fix later" mentality that developer Rocksteady thankfully doesn't appear to subscribe to in its excellent Batman Arkham Knight. Having played the PlayStation 4 review code extensively, we're pleased to see the game is set to launch in a very refined, polished state. As the finale to the Arkham saga, it's a superb production, but crucially it also turns in a slick, stable playing experience with solid performance on day one.

They sound very excited about the game itself, too, but are still working on a review.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao

this game is going to own

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You're criticizing a facet of a game I like? H...how dare you

This is some chickenshit garbage that I could easily turn around. You said something stupid, deal with it.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Played for a couple hours tonight and really, really digging it. This is my first Arkham game (which is sad, as I'm a huge DC fan) and I love how I don't have to loot anything, there's no ammo or charges to keep track of, etc. Just move from one puzzle/fight to the next.

They telegraph the Knight's identity within the first meeting with him, though. That was kinda disappointing.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I'm glad I got a code for this with my video card. I look forward to punching goons to death.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Wait, why the gently caress is he doing all this when Batman technically killed the Joker? The only way their initial post revival rivalry worked is because Joker was still alive and out of all the people Batman should have been the one to either avenge him or save countless victims from putting down one stupid clown. Shouldn't he be happy he's nothing more than ash now?

Ville Valo posted:

Played for a couple hours tonight and really, really digging it. This is my first Arkham game (which is sad, as I'm a huge DC fan) and I love how I don't have to loot anything, there's no ammo or charges to keep track of, etc. Just move from one puzzle/fight to the next.

They telegraph the Knight's identity within the first meeting with him, though. That was kinda disappointing.

Yeah, it's rather obvious who he could be if you knew anything about comics, but it sort of doesn't work now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I still can't believe they didn't do the raddest thing and have Knight turn out to be insane Bruce Wayne and have you turn out to have been Dick Grayson or Jason Todd the whole time.

Also LMAO at the Joker presence and impact on the game here, seriously?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I still can't believe they didn't do the raddest thing and have Knight turn out to be insane Bruce Wayne and have you turn out to have been Dick Grayson or Jason Todd the whole time.

But Nightwing was already confirmed. Unless you thought Nightwing would be Jason Todd, but I think his outfit was red.

Nevermind, it was blue.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But Nightwing was already confirmed. Unless you thought Nightwing would be Jason Todd, but I think his outfit is usually red.

Oh my God.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

It is pretty legitimately lovely to discuss a major unmarked plot spoiler in the thread for an unreleased game, regardless of the actual context of the spoiler.

Seriously. Maybe they're being "ironically" lovely about it, but that's still pretty dickish. Oh well.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kill all gamers imo

http://imgur.com/pR5qRbc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You kill yourself first. Everyone will follow, I promise.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Seriously. Maybe they're being "ironically" lovely about it, but that's still pretty dickish. Oh well.

Lmfao.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

No, everyone's being unironically lovely, it's the new cool thing at SA

(gently caress those spoilers sound lame as gently caress tho the writing is garbage anyway it's super hard to give a poo poo)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

A... game ago where The Joker died at the end of the game and the only game since then was a prequel made by a different development team?

Considering it's the literal exact same plot point, yes? Like "THE JOKER IS DYING/DEAD BUT HIS CELLS LIVE ON" was a cool little twist on 'comic book death' in City, but doing the exact same thing again in Knight is kinda a lame rehash to go to. If they want to keep some kind of Joker around there's other ways to do it. Injustice has a whole Joker wannabe thing going on, maybe with Gotham so horribly hosed in the Arkham series there's a whole creepy 'Joker Cult' going on or something. Boom, you get a painted clown freak, you can even have a boss fight where like, multiple 'Jokers' maybe with allusions to previous versions are trying to bring you down, and you don't need to use the exact same plot point as your last game. I don't care that they're bringing Joker back, when I heard they still had Hamill on staff for it I knew they weren't gonna bring that dude in for just a couple audio-logs, just use new plot points for it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You kill yourself first. Everyone will follow, I promise.

Sorry I spoiled your wedding plans.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The PC specs are comparable to Witcher 3 specs, right

:sigh:

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

DOOP posted:

I loving hope so, because then I could squeak by with under minimum specs and play this glorious trainwreck of a campaign. I also hope that AMD comes out with updated drivers sooner than they did W3.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hakkesshu posted:

No, everyone's being unironically lovely, it's the new cool thing at SA

(gently caress those spoilers sound lame as gently caress tho the writing is garbage anyway it's super hard to give a poo poo)

Well sure, but it's nice being able to piece together this sort of thing by yourself rather than someone doing a low effort troll and just outright slapping into a thread, y'know?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Jet posted:

This is some chickenshit garbage that I could easily turn around. You said something stupid, deal with it.

Come at me bro

E: yeah, looks like you weren't even in the conversation so...:shrug:

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 20, 2015

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

DOOP posted:

AMD just released their new video cards, buy a new computer.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Got the season pass off of Steam for $30, should I be feeling buyer's remorse already? Kinda seems like at least the DLC this time might provide some more substance than the previous games but is it even worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Got the season pass off of Steam for $30, should I be feeling buyer's remorse already? Kinda seems like at least the DLC this time might provide some more substance than the previous games but is it even worth it?

I mean paying $30 for something as vague as a season pass is not really the best idea. Who knows, you might be loving sick of the game before you're even done with it.

• Locked thread