Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
The Arkham Knight is an entity that came about when Bruce Wayne's immense psychic power combined with Joker's insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

My game just started running well today, maybe it was that patch mentioned a few posts ago. Constant acceptable fps, with all Nvidia things enabled, up from no fps with all options I tried. Now I can agree that this game is pretty fun.

What's your video card?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Can't get the game to recognize my dualshock 4 wirelessly. Tried three different wrappers, works in other games still, just not this one.

rip

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not sure about the others, but did you turn on "ignore DS4" in DS4Windows? I was able to use it just fine.

No, but I'll give that a try next time I play. I settled for going wired for my last playthrough, but it would disconnect if I held the controller a certain way. Hate how fragile micro USB ports are.

Also, this game runs fine in combat areas, but jumping in the Batmobile turns the game into a slideshow for a good 3-5 seconds, as does drifting. Low textures were absolutely unbearable, like comically bad, so I had to turn that up despite having a GTX 770 2gb. I really hope they get some good optimization going soon, because I love how the game plays, but lovely performance takes me right out of the fun.

On the subject of actual in-game stuff, I love the new takedowns they gave us to play with. A bit sad I have to waste a few upgrade points on a point-wasting multitakedown move in order to get my beloved Disarm & Destroy, but everything else looks solid. Throw counters are pretty satisfying. The detective stuff is cool as always, and I like the variation the game throws at you. Fighting, driving, flying, Batmobile combat, Riddler stuff, sidequests... 's good.

Oh, and they referenced one of my favorite BTAS episodes on a poster in the clocktower. Awesome.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 24, 2015

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not sure about the others, but did you turn on "ignore DS4" in DS4Windows? I was able to use it just fine.

YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD IT WORKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Qmass posted:

The Batmobile rules~

Agreed, on all counts. The Batmobile in this game is loving amazing, and handles like a dream. Even with a maxed out grapnel boost I still alternate between driving places and gliding places frequently just because the drat thing is such fun to drive.

Honestly, everything about this game except for the performance issues has me extremely impressed. The side quests are better, the combat is better/deeper, the variety in gameplay is incredible, the story is entertaining, and this might be the best collection of Joker in all the media he has ever appeared in. The city looks great, and isn't covered in the green Riddler poo poo like Arkham City was. Hell, I even like the tank combat sections. Having to actually find certain sidequest continuations instead of just "go here, we've marked the waypoint on the map for you" is also perfectly suited to the sidestories they did it for. They also don't just reuse the same old mainstays outside of Joker... Bane and Killer Croc were in all three of the previous games but they and a few others got swapped out for some more obscure rogues. That's always nice to see, though I really would've liked to see Prometheus get the nod for this one (don't ask me how he'd work).

Overall I'm not done with it yet but my current impression is that it's easily the best of the Arkham series, and with the exception of the awful pc port it's pretty much the new gold standard for adapting preexisting characters into videogames. I really feel bad for whatever studio WB forces to resurrect it and pump out future titles, because there is no way they're going to live up to this. I also really hope Rocksteady gets to try their hand with more of DC's properties. Would love to see what they could do with Green Lantern or Wonder Woman.

• Locked thread