Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

G-Prime posted:

Origins was just filler

Truer words have never been spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I think the Arkham Knight is Mad Stan,myself.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Both those links are broken,nice try.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I just think it's hilarious Rocksteady just absolutely could not have a game without the joker.

He is the center of the DC Universe,as has been stated before. DC probably mandated it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Is it kinda sad that I'm OK with the Batmobile? Those racetracks look kinda fun.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Honestly this is pretty in-character for Riddler at this point in the Arkhamverse.

Goddamn Batman, solving all my good puzzles. gently caress him, here's a Need For Speed level.

EDIT: Preload is almost 34 GB. That's...not all that bad, really. Compared to the hell that was GTA5 anyway.

Yeah, that's why I'm OK with the racetracks.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Hey,I'm one of the folks who got the digital preorder for the PS4,and the Harley DLC isn't showing up (as in,the "Arkham Episodes" tab is greyed out) even though the PS4 says it's installed. Is there something wrong with the PS4 or the game? Or do I have to use these code vouchers my friend randomly gave me?

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 23, 2015

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

That's interesting. Besides Takedowns I wonder what else works on them.

The R.E.C. works,last time I checked.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

More relevant to Arkham Knight, wasn't this how Jason came back to be the crazy Red Hood in that animated movie?

That's one of my favorite animated movies,better than Assault on Arkham and Son of the Batman,for sure.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I've been making really good progress on the Riddler,only one thing left on Bleake Island. Thing is,it's this weird-rear end trophy in this underground area with 3 "?" targets protected by a force field,with a Batmobile power-up winch next to it.

I thought I could just EMP the force field and get up there with a remote Batarang,but that only hits one target and using the EMP again resets it. Any advice from Goons who have done it?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Medium Cool posted:

Do the EMP, then eject from that car and do the line launcher perch so that you stay above it.

I'll try that,but it doesn't seem to work while I'm gliding or otherwise midair.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Bleake Island is done-just got 2 more trophies on Miagani Island before I clear out Founder's-one of those loving time trials where I have to find just the right pad/winch spot to trigger , and one of those "follow the trail with the Batmobile's sonic thingy" ones that leads to a gate seemingly made of Adamantium.
The timed one will be a cinch when I find the Goddamn pad or whatever,but this other one completely baffles me. It's the one by Wayne Tower,for reference.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Kin posted:

Go inside the central station on foot first. There's a switch to raise the gate.

IF you're quick you can get back to the trail before it regresses right back to the beginning.

Ah,OK,I'll try that when I get home. Thanks!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

JFC posted:

I want a Batman '66 game that has the old school Batmobile, takes place only during the daytime, and has cameos by entertainers sticking their heads out of windows when Batman and Robin walk up the side of a building via bat-rope. I want Sammy Davis Jr popping his head out so I can give him a lecture on civic responsibility. I want giant set pieces like over-sized typewriters, an abundance of things in the city related to the number 2, thugs in domino masks running down the street with bags full of cash that have a $ sign on them, and a swinging dance number where I have to do the right dance combos until I get to the Batusi and win. The GCPD should be full of cops using a stereotypical Irish-American accent. I want my goddamn Bat Shark-Repellent. I'll preorder it now for $250 if need be.

But that isn't DARK AND GRITTY enough for a Batman game,according to the same people who liked Man of Steel.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I have no desire to see a goofy Batman '66 AAA game and hated Man of Steel.

That's fine. I'm just saying that because the majority of the people I've talked to about it were in one of two catagories:
1.Loves goofy camp,hates dark and edgy stuff.
2.Thinks edgy stuff is the bestest EVAR! (the people in Camp 2 were mostly idiots,as expected)

No one I know personally has fallen into your "In-Between" camp,honestly.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

Man of Steel was good.

Because a movie where Supes acts like an rear end in a top hat,gets so many people killed,and straight-up murders a guy when non-lethal alternatives where available totally gets the character right.

But that's a discussion for a different thread,I'll leave it there.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

In fairness, Batman does these exact things in this game.

But for Batman,it doesn't feel as outta character as Man of Steel,probably because Joker and some members of the Bat-Family call him out a few times on his BS. There's no one to do that for Supes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

Alright, there's a Riddler trophy outside Panessa Studios that I'm too stupid to get - There's three question marks that need to be hit to unlock it and there's an electrified ceiling. I can EMP the ceiling to shut it off with the Batmobile, but doing that also shuts off the question marks. I can get a remote batarang up there and just hang out til the question marks come back on, but then I can only hit one of them that way and using the EMP again on the ceiling resets it. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah,that one was a pain in the rear end for me,too-try and get yourself on the Grey Ghost sign or another outcropping ,pop a Zip-Line,stand on it so the field activates,then just pelt the targets. That's what I did anyway.

Edit:or do the the other suggestions,those should also work.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's too bad MGSV is already done because Kojima totally should have stolen goon dialogue from Arkham Knight.

"Oh,no,here he comes in the Bossmobile. Watch out for his Bossarangs."

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Crowetron posted:

How many comics do I gotta buy to see Killer Croc punch Geoff Johns?

FTFY

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Feenix posted:

Also I loving would love that a few years from now, someone does a Batman game that sort of mimics the Dark Knight Returns. Underground Batman. Older, Guerrilla style. Maybe something kind of Assassin's Creed meets Arkham. A network of Bat-Gang. Etc...

So would that mean that this would be a bossfight? Sign me the gently caress up.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

JackDarko posted:

I take back everything I said. This tunnel boss fight is complete garbage.

There's a bright side to that sequence: The loving P.O.S. Batmobile gets destroyed at the end of the encounter . At least until you get another loving one, 'cause that stupid car is the loving center of the universe or something! :argh:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Having suffered through NG+, there should be a mod (once the PC version actually works,of course) that replaces all the AK's Dialogue with this . He'd be instantly less obnoxious.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

HaitianDivorce posted:

Screw the Arkham Knight. The Lonely Checkpoint Commander is the game's real breakout character. Dude deserves at least his own mini

I now keep imagining Jason going on his whiny tirade,then BOOOM! His head ka-splodes! Then cut to the Loneliest Merc, AKA the REAL Arkham Knight, clutching a smoking shotgun while Bats recoils in horror and Joker goes "Ohhhh,that was anticlimactic." Or something like that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

You've obviously not been keeping track of Minibar's progressive meltdown over the course of the thread.
Kinda like the Arkham Knight's progressive meltdown over the course of the game. Hmmmmm...I wonder if they're related... :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe that means it transforms into a humanoid combat form.

Also they retroactively make all the terrible batmobile combat into badass humanoid combat with a transforming robot car instead.

But that would make it a Transformers game. Maybe with the shooting controls of Fall of Cybertron and the open world maps of the Armada PS2 game? It'd be better than AK,at the least. Provided High Moon makes it,of course.

Edit: or make the Mech Mode happen only occasionally as a last-ditch measure ,but whenever Bats has to boot it up,Instruments of Destruction starts playing. :black101:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 3, 2015

• Locked thread