Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

precision posted:

I have no problem with this at all.

Yeah, that just makes sense for a Batgirl DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I imagine that Batgirl is the only significant piece of DLC out of those three. I think it's supposed to be a mini-campaign like Harley Quinn's Revenge and Cold Cold Heart.

I'm willing to bet that the Harley and Red Hood DLCs are going to have very minimal story components and be mostly for challenge rooms, like the character DLCs for City.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

you heard it here first, the arkham knight is azazel (who is azazel?)

This guy (who is in Arkham Knight)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Assuming the prequel comic is canon (I don't see why it shouldn't be), the Arkham Knight showed up immediately after the end of City as Batman was heading home.

He and Batman haven't met in the comic yet, he's just been loving with things in the shadows and killing minor villains (Electrocutioner 2 and Tweedledee & Tweedledum)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think Riddler is down to 200 collectables this time from the 440 in City. Apparently they're supposed to be more unique this time, or something.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

Well they're also not split between two characters this time.

Eh, Catwoman only had 40 trophies/challenges compared to Batman's 400. It actually helped out if you wanted to see the end of the Riddler storyline but didn't want to collect everything. The end of the Riddler side mission required 400 challenges completed, if you don't get any of Catwoman's (or can't play as Catwoman, if you brought the game used on a console) you had to get every single Batman challenge, the Catwoman challenges give you a small amount of leniency.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

EDIT: Nevermind

Veotax
May 16, 2006

ethanol posted:

what am I supposed to do with these riddles? Am I supposed to look at something?

Find the solution and scan them. Look at what the riddle is hinting at and hold the Detective Mode button.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Did they take the slide out? How are you supposed to solve the riddles where you deactivate the mines then? Batman's too tall to crouch under the door.

The slide is a tap now rather than a hold. For some reason.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yay, GMG has processed my refund. Wasn't expecting that to get done in the same day I requested it. Especially getting it at 7pm, they must have people working overtime to handle this poo poo show.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Calaveron posted:

The riddle in the clocktower is pissing me off. It's something empty that reminds Barbara of what she's lost, but I've photographed everything and there's no like, discarded rollerskates or a batpogostick or anything like that

Activate the computer and look for a hackable panel.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Also power sliding refills your afterburner, if you're chasing someone you should always be sliding around corners.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Is the REC gun story locked or is it just like the ice grenades and I just have to pick it up? I haven't tried punching the glass.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Can I play the dlc story packs at anytime?

Yeah, Harley Quinn takes place before the main game and contains no spoilers. Red Hood might not even be canon, as far as I can tell.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Is there some trick to getting the Riddler trophy nex to the orphanage? The one where you have to shoot a bunch of question marks on the wall in under a certain time limit. No matter how fast I do it it always times out on the last two.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Beef Chief posted:

Yo, I wanna see all the VAs because i need to know who the hell voices Johnny Charisma.

Good luck with that, the credits just put all the voice actors in one giant list without linking them to any characters.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I really don't understand people having that much trouble with the drill boss.

Just park yourself in front of one of the tunnels, wait for him to see you (or shoot him to get his attention if he doesn't see you) then haul rear end through the tunnel.

The only way I can see you having trouble is if you're poo poo at the driving.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Fair enough, my brain stops working as soon as I go upside-down, so I try to only go as far up walls as I need to.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Beef Chief posted:

If I seriously have to wait until November to buy the loving Red Hood DLC they can go gently caress a duck.

It's kinda poo poo, so I wouldn't get too upset. It's just two combat rooms and a predator room, they're not even linked seamlessly like the Harley Quinn DLC, there are loading screens between each one.

Also you can't use him in this games poor excuse for challenge maps, so gently caress that.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a quick way to confirm you've found all the Riddler informants on an island?

They're random. Also once you've found all the riddles on an island it starts giving you the riddles for other areas, which is good because Founders Island seems to have a poo poo informant spawn rate.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

So what's up with the green cop in the GCPD?

Riddler informants glow green.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I just found out that the Batgirl DLC was developed by WB Montreal. Oy. I'm not getting the season pass until it's around $10 or less, but that bit of news has me less enthusiastic now. Hopefully since it's not a ton of content it won't be totally riddled with bugs :v:

WB Montreal have made the only good piece of DLC in the series. Cold, Cold Heart was a hell of a lot better that Rocksteady's Harley Quinn's Revenge.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Chasiubao posted:

Does the DLC not come with any?

Batgirl doesn't even show up in the showcase.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

You also had to collect trophies to rescue Riddler's hostages.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Didn't they strip GFWL out of City?

They did, Asylum too. Anyone who owned Asylum and City on Steam should have had 'Game of the Year' editions with GFWL removed added to their accounts.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Irradiation posted:

So I just need to reinstall it or what?

Specifically the GOTY version, they're separate from the GFWL versions.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Why is there that pixely censoring effect on her breast and crotch?

There isn't. It's just a lovely screenshot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

mastajake posted:

I saw on my box that the PS4 version comes with some sort of Scarecrow DLC. I can't find it anywhere. Someone online said it should be on the wheel with the other AR challenges but it isn't. Anyone had this issue or can help me anyway?

There should be a code in the box, have you redeemed that?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

On the flip side look at how many people flipped out over Arkham Knight's season pass but then how many also ignored the cost of Phantom Pain's micro-transactions for multiplayer. :v:

Flaws are always going to be overlooked in games people like.

Phantom Pain's microtransactions are so worthless I can't even be bothered to get upset about them. Seriously, they're not worth it and they don't get in the way of the game at all.

The prices are terrible, but what you get isn't worth paying for.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Trickjaw posted:

I see I called, Season of infamy being villain themed tank battles. Sigh, I hate being right some times. Isn't there some Easter egg at Halloween?

How are you right when we know next to nothing about it. I understand being pessimistic, but come on.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

man nurse posted:

I wonder if they'll offer compensation to the people who bought this on PC when it first dropped.

Their compensation was making sure Steam non-shady key sites like GMG gave refunds. I imagine that Steam allowed you to refund it if you were over the two hour limit.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Aquasnake posted:

That's not really compensation for people that held on to a broken game for several months waiting for it to get fixed. After it got originally delayed for months. We didn't even get a "sorry. It won't happen again" i don't think.

No, it's not. I'm not defending it, but that's their thought process. People had the opportunity to get their money back and were not promised anything as a mea culpa if they didn't.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

I bought my key for Arkham Knight via a website, not direct from Steam. Any word on if we will be able to refund from non Steam purchases?

You're not going to get a refund from Steam, you didn't give them any money. Talk to whoever you brought it from. Green Man Gaming was giving refunds before the re-launch, don't know if they still are.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

quote:

Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack

So much for their loving stupid vote.

Good.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

I'm still mad we're not getting the Batman Begins suit because they put it in a loving vote

Was that a vote? I don't remember that one.

I just remember them claiming that making both the Classic Harley skin and Arkham Knight skin for Red Hood was just too much work and wanted people to vote on which one they wanted more.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Maybe the Batgirl one? It's the only one of any substantial length, but I feel it's kind of a waste. Batgirl plays exactly the same as Batman, despite every story you get from Riddler puzzles involving her says that she uses escrima sticks while fighting.

Also the story being a prequel is a waste, could have had Jason as Robin to give him some more character development but they just went with Tim instead.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't mean that the story is a waste because it's a prequel, I meant that it didn't show or tell us anything new, like getting to see what Jason was like as Robin or something. Instead it's just a story about Batgirl stopping the Joker, it doesn't add anything to the overall Arkham story. It just feels like a waste of time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dogen posted:

Guess there won't be a PC version. They both still look pretty good on PC, anyway.

Considering that this is in all likelihood just the PC versions ported to the consoles with no meaningful changes there would be literally no reason to sell it on the PC.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Return to Arkham trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv07fouYvs

Is it me or do the graphics look updated? Like new textures and lighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Utnayan posted:

That's usually what happens in remasters of older games.

Really? Because almost every one I've seen is just the game running an a higher resolution and maybe 60fps.

• Locked thread