Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Dubious posted:

I'm gonna start on it tonight. I have tomorrow off and am gonna grind grind grind.

Sony refunded me my preorder but they just put it in my wallet, not my debit card so I ripped 40 packs last night. Got Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and my Playmaker pack had Patrick Peterson in it :getin:
Haha that's a shitload better than I saw one of our QA guys do today. He opened about $75 worth of packs and only managed to get 1 elite in the entire pack and it was an O-Lineman. His team however did go from a 67 to an 81 but it was still funny how few elites he got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

real_scud posted:

Haha that's a shitload better than I saw one of our QA guys do today. He opened about $75 worth of packs and only managed to get 1 elite in the entire pack and it was an O-Lineman. His team however did go from a 67 to an 81 but it was still funny how few elites he got.

Lmao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jesus Christ id kill myself.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
There is a 92 Tony Romo on the AH for 10 million. jokes on that guy because they removed the seller name in the window so people can't negotiate with him.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

davecrazy posted:

Jesus Christ id kill myself.
Yeah, thankfully it was all from stuff he got while doing some testing purposes so it wasn't really his money but all the while he's opening the packs we kept saying how loving sad it'd be if you were a guy who actually spent all that money on the packs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Got to bump them odds up

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

real_scud posted:

Yeah, thankfully it was all from stuff he got while doing some testing purposes so it wasn't really his money but all the while he's opening the packs we kept saying how loving sad it'd be if you were a guy who actually spent all that money on the packs.

RNG. She's a cruel mistress.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

There is a 92 Tony Romo on the AH for 10 million. jokes on that guy because they removed the seller name in the window so people can't negotiate with him.

Oh thank god I can list a card and not get flooded with PSN messages with 5 for 1 'deals'.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubs, hows the CFM depth chart and stuff? Lot easier to fiddle with this year? Is it totally the MUT interface where you can compare the players head to head to see which one you want to be the starter?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Dubs, hows the CFM depth chart and stuff? Lot easier to fiddle with this year? Is it totally the MUT interface where you can compare the players head to head to see which one you want to be the starter?

It's kinda like the MUT one, yea. I still find it easier to use the manual chart though because you can't add guys to the visual chart, only move around what's there.

I'm playing through a season right now and I'm really concerned about player progression. I know it's annoying when you can develop the entire team into superstars, but XP is so sparse you really can't develop anyone. I wonder if EA's vision was to have it be so low because there just no way you can upgrade anything when most of the team only gets 2k a season. It shouldn't take a guy 4 or 5 years to be able to buy like one 15k upgrade.

I feel like game prep is broken on the XP tab unless the debs removed it on purpose. In the confidence tab there's 20 different activities to choose from, and the XP tab only has one activity.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

BTW, Mutmanager.com updated, if you want to track your cards better.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

jabro posted:

RNG. She's a cruel mistress.

I've seen so many insane things in my time at work

RNGs are random and that breaks our brains sometimes while looking for patterns

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I made a lineup of bronze/silver guys I think might be useful. I woulden't run this as a team, but if you need a cheap guy to plug a hole some of these dudes might be good role players. The o-line is mostly filler, you need gold dudes for that.

http://www.muthead.com/16/lineups/283707-bronze-silver-sleepers

e: New drafting looks pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqCPEzpyIZ4

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Aug 21, 2015

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Wow. That dude drafted a 81 OVR QB in the late 5th round. I like how there's some guesswork to finding late round steals but it's not completely random.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

davecrazy posted:

Ps4 preorder is downloading.

How did you manage that?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mr. BT posted:

How did you manage that?

Did it automatically.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, gently caress me. I told myself I wasn't gonna buy Madden this year as I usually only play it until NBA 2k comes out on PC. But I saw it on sale for 10 dollars off on Amazon(for prime members) and I just couldn't loving resist it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Drafting is going to be crucial if the XP system is left untouched, and rookie QBs are coming out with better accuracy than most existing QBs. I'm seeing most rookie WRs between 90-96 speed, same for corners.

Scud, i know you probably can't say anything but you should pass some feedback along that the XP system is brutal this year. Nobody is gonna be progressing their teams much at all, and without a natural stat growth system, there is no developing players beyond maybe one or two points in some minor, non important stat every season. Adjusting a player from normal to quick development is 3 seasons worth of xp if you hit it right - that's flat out broken. I can pass along some screenshots after going through a couple years of CFM to outline how bad XP is.

It's already looking like if you are in an online league and don't take one of the better teams, you're stuck playing second fiddle to the higher tier of players with no means of having the playing field even out unless you keep getting studs in the draft every season.

It's really kind of deflating.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Drafting is going to be crucial if the XP system is left untouched, and rookie QBs are coming out with better accuracy than most existing QBs. I'm seeing most rookie WRs between 90-96 speed, same for corners.

Scud, i know you probably can't say anything but you should pass some feedback along that the XP system is brutal this year. Nobody is gonna be progressing their teams much at all, and without a natural stat growth system, there is no developing players beyond maybe one or two points in some minor, non important stat every season. Adjusting a player from normal to quick development is 3 seasons worth of xp if you hit it right - that's flat out broken. I can pass along some screenshots after going through a couple years of CFM to outline how bad XP is.

It's really kind of deflating.

Just makes you want to go play MUT and buy some packs, doesn't it?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I like this extreme nerfing of XP. 99 OVR Logan Thomas kills my immersion.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

The Piper posted:

I like this extreme nerfing of XP. 99 OVR Logan Thomas kills my immersion.

Completely agree with this. I had to see Tim Tebow and Jake Locker be incredible in years past and it made me a lot less interested in the dynasty league. The first season was always the purest and then it would turn into straight video game garbage.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

davecrazy posted:

Did it automatically.

Did you preorder through EA? Smart. I wish it knew my Amazon order was preordered. :)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mr. BT posted:

Did you preorder through EA? Smart. I wish it knew my Amazon order was preordered. :)

Through the PSN store.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mr. BT posted:

Through the PSN. I'm a total convert to direct download. Never going to a midnight release 'party' again.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

davecrazy posted:

Through the PSN. I'm a total convert to direct download. Never going to a midnight release 'party' again.

Can you still buy it early on there now?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mr. BT posted:

Can you still buy it early on there now?

That's how you preload it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
My issue with xp is less making lovely players into studs, more so that developing depth isnt a thing. Im about to wrap up a season of played games and gonna dive into a scouted draft. I agree that logan thomas at 99 is dumb and i hope it keeps people interested in the league longer.

Also confidence is bugged! If you blow out a team, it keeps piling OVR boosts on your players and they will exceed 100s in their ratings for that game. Especially if you end the drive and obtain the objective.

Im in a game right now and Teddy has gained 6 ovr after just two TDs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dexo posted:

Man, gently caress me. I told myself I wasn't gonna buy Madden this year as I usually only play it until NBA 2k comes out on PC. But I saw it on sale for 10 dollars off on Amazon(for prime members) and I just couldn't loving resist it.

Was this recently? Mine is showing up at regular price.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

wandler20 posted:

It shows up at Checkout if still available.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Elite wide receivers are going to be so god drat gamebreaking. Playing as the Cowboys, I can just loft a ball up and it doesn't matter if Dez is surrounded by 3 defenders, as long as I hold down the aggressive catch button he will get up in the air and come down with it 75% of the time.

Hell, even regular wide receivers are going to be problems. I was doing some of the drills in practice mode and must have had 3 one handed catches with Cole Beasley in the slot.

I've just been playing on the Early Access thing, so I haven't even tried franchise, MUT or the new draft champions mode yet. Once I get my PS4 copy in this weekend, I will take a look and see how it all looks.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What about when you throw it deep and don't attempt a user catch? Does the AI receiver still suck? If you did a player career as a qb in 15, throwing a bomb deep was just not an option as a play because the best you could hope for was an incomplete pass.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Havoc904 posted:

Elite wide receivers are going to be so god drat gamebreaking. Playing as the Cowboys, I can just loft a ball up and it doesn't matter if Dez is surrounded by 3 defenders, as long as I hold down the aggressive catch button he will get up in the air and come down with it 75% of the time.

Hell, even regular wide receivers are going to be problems. I was doing some of the drills in practice mode and must have had 3 one handed catches with Cole Beasley in the slot.

I've just been playing on the Early Access thing, so I haven't even tried franchise, MUT or the new draft champions mode yet. Once I get my PS4 copy in this weekend, I will take a look and see how it all looks.

Yeah, I was noticing this last night playing the draft challenge thing. I wasn't able to get a QB so I was stuck with Cassell. Didn't matter since I had AJ Green. I'd throw 40 yard duck hunt throws and a quick aggressive button press would be a guarantee catch.

Volkerball posted:

What about when you throw it deep and don't attempt a user catch? Does the AI receiver still suck? If you did a player career as a qb in 15, throwing a bomb deep was just not an option as a play because the best you could hope for was an incomplete pass.

Haven't tried since there is no reason not to. Hit circle then hold triangle. Guaranteed catch. Haven't tried career player since I am an online league and MUT player.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Havoc904 posted:

Pretty much what I assumed when it was announced

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

wandler20 posted:

You have to go all the way to the confirm checkout screen, that's when it shows up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dexo posted:

You have to go all the way to the confirm checkout screen, that's when it shows up.

I see now, I was trying to get the deluxe version but this only applies to the regular version.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wasn't sure I was gonna get it this year, or at least not at launch, but most all the early access dudes are saying it's a solid game and aside from the new passing system making WRs with good ratings gods among men the improvements are good. Might as well get it when I can get some packs out of it even if it's gonna be sidelined by Metal Gear in a week.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

jabro posted:

Haven't tried since there is no reason not to. Hit circle then hold triangle. Guaranteed catch. Haven't tried career player since I am an online league and MUT player.

You're locked on your player in career mode. The receivers are controlled by the AI.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Everybody is say once one people stop going for the INT every jump ball it's not that bad. Unless the CPU is getting abused?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Everybody is say once one people stop going for the INT every jump ball it's not that bad. Unless the CPU is getting abused?

I'm getting roasted by the cpu on fades in the higher levels of the Style challenges. You pretty much have to play the receiver or they'll pull it in if they are a good wideout. Then again, aside from Patrick Peterson, my Cornerbacks are pure poo poo.

Now, Geno Smith in one of the Style challenges against the Jets, on the other hand..I picked him off 4 times and Fitzpatrick once after I injured Geno.

I've got 16/32 games done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please tell me that Ik caused the injury

• Locked thread