Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
its funny, but these days you can buy avacodos almost anywhere :confused: why is everyone acting like they only exist in california? i have some ripening on my counter RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

dad gay. so what posted:

overall i think this thread has confirmed my theory that Mi Tierra in San Antonio is OBJECTIVELY the best mexican food you can have. ftw

-people like the op who don't know what the gently caress mexican food is

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crusty Nutsack posted:

-people like the op who don't know what the gently caress mexican food is

do you live in mexico or something

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Enfield posted:

do you live in mexico or something

no i just have a brain

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Crusty Nutsack posted:

no i just have a brain

so do i :confused:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
if u want to try real mexican food just scoop a pile of lice or grubs onto the center of some really old bread. Now you're eating in style

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crusty Nutsack posted:

no i just have a brain

are yiu white? how fat are you

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Don't forget to wrap the grub sandwhich in some withered leaves... arriba

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

hes real fat, thats why i want to fight him so bad

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gow do you know so much about mexican food? did you watch a yourube video

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
whats your favorite kind of taco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
how do you say "i want to facefuck you to death" in spanish?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
yo quiero taco bell

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Enfield posted:

very, because mexican food is delicious, duh

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crusty Nutsack posted:

very, because mexican food is delicious, duh

whats your favorite mexican place? have you ever been to mexico

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
living in the midwest has to be truly awful

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Enfield posted:

whats your favorite mexican place? have you ever been to mexico

yes

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hypothetical situation: and incredibly fat white person wants some mexican food. how does he proceed in order to max out his pleaseure quotient when applied to the authenticity matrix

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Best Mexican food ever. Austin, Texas. As we were walking in this guy was walking out and he was crying and was muttering, "I suck.", over and over again. It was Rick Bayless.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if u havent sat at a streetside taco stand in mexico and eaten tacos and screamed DOS MAS POR FAVOR with your mouth full like the pinche guero you are then lol just loving lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Austin and San Antonio both have pretty legit mexican styles of food. Tex-mex and authentic Mexican food galore.

Tex-mex is the best breakfast food imo.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Powercrazy posted:

Austin and San Antonio both have pretty legit mexican styles of food. Tex-mex and authentic Mexican food galore.

see this man apparently knows there's a difference. good job

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Powercrazy posted:

Tex-mex is the best breakfast food imo.

breakfast burritos are the superior mexican breakfast hth

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
the mission burrito, commonly known as a "burrito" was invented in san francisco and texans can get the gently caress out if they think their poor imitation of mexican food can beat that

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Crusty Nutsack posted:

see this man apparently knows there's a difference. good job

youre like from michigan or iowa or another place without good mexican food arent you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

haha yes but i know the difference between mexican and tex-mex unlike you plebs :smug: - some dude not from the southwest where this is actually a significant achievement

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

texans instinctively get protective of their mexican food because they know that it is inferior to real mexican food, ie; californian mexican

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I went to a mexican place in SA and I couldn't remember the name because my friend took me there

Now that I see it again I'm pretty sure this was it, it's seriously far and away better than any other Tex Mex I've ever had

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the great deceiver posted:

the mission burrito, commonly known as a "burrito" was invented in san francisco and texans can get the gently caress out if they think their poor imitation of mexican food can beat that

mission burritos are objectively awful oh hey lets just load this tortilla up with rice and beans, add 5 pieces of steak, and charge $10 for it

lol just lol

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Chinatown posted:

mission burritos are objectively awful oh hey lets just load this tortilla up with rice and beans, add 5 pieces of steak, and charge $10 for it

lol just lol

do you like just eat at chipotle or something? mission burritos are burritos served in an oversized flour tortilla so basically what you are referring to when you say a burrito. i get mine at the local taqueria and they cost like 3.50

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the great deceiver posted:

do you like just eat at chipotle or something? mission burritos are burritos served in an oversized flour tortilla so basically what you are referring to when you say a burrito. i get mine at the local taqueria and they cost like 3.50

huh?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

my grandma is mexican but refuses to cook. she made my grandpa cook and then when he stopped she divorced him.
so i'm saying is find a good mexican man to cook for you.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

any burrito that comes in an oversized flour tortilla wrapped in tinfoil to hold it together is technically a mission burrito but we just call it a burrito nowadays. those aren't traditional mexican dishes they were created in the mission in SF, kinda like how pizza is actually american. i dunno what you mean by them costing ten bucks and having no fillings since every taqueria in california serves burritos and they're usually dirt cheap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_burrito

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

of all the things to name a Mexican restaurant... lmao

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

hypothetical situation: and incredibly fat white person wants some mexican food. how does he proceed in order to max out his pleaseure quotient when applied to the authenticity matrix

i would recomment Mi Tierra in San Antonio if you have one nearby

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think what im referring to is a sit down restraunt and what everyone else is referring to as a taco stand or burrito hut or "shithole" if you will. im talking about a nice drawn out meal where you savor every bite between fine mexican beers and tequilla drinks, while the other, more shitheaded "people" are referring to "carfood" and "diarrhea makers"

The BLT
Jan 3, 2008
Do you know the sandwhich man?
False

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

dad gay. so what posted:

i think what im referring to is a sit down restraunt and what everyone else is referring to as a taco stand or burrito hut or "shithole" if you will. im talking about a nice drawn out meal where you savor every bite between fine mexican beers and tequilla drinks, while the other, more shitheaded "people" are referring to "carfood" and "diarrhea makers"

the best mexican food comes on wheels

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

the best mexican food comes on wheels

maybe, but i need a little ambiance, pleeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless