Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win???
Alex
Amanda
Daria
Dianna
Gabi
Giorgia
Hank
Joshua
Mada
Patrick
Sara
Tanner
Zamariah
One legged military guy making a comeback
View Results

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I wonder how much of the production miscues were due to it being done at Full Sail/using Full Sail students rather than moving one of their tv trucks/production people down to Orlando. A lot of the audio mistakes felt so alien to how WWE usually runs and with Dunn there (he's poo poo at directing a show, but he knows how to be technically proficient and clean) I'm drawing blanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dead Snoopy posted:

- speaking of Hogan...how horrible was it that we were forced to endure approx 48% of his 1980s entrance video footage? It felt like either a massive technical error or a contractual obligation to Hogan

The only thing I could figure about this is that USA was thinking it would snare people flipping by who aren't really wrestling fans but know Hogan.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dead Snoopy posted:

- massive foreshadowing: the 2 guys probably most likely to win it all are ZZ & Patrick? Why? Charisma and appreciation for the business. While others went to piss away their opportunities at the bar nearby, these 2 guys hung back and WATCHED PRO WRESTLING. Like students of the game. Or at least like one underage guy who had nothing better to do (even though it's his 1st time out of state).

- Brazilian chick is the hottest and snarkiest but she is keeping it 100: stop crying and go home if you're homesick. You being here and acting that way robbesd some other contestant of the chance at THEIR dreams. You think the tatted up chick who was medically disqualified is sitting at home NOT rooting against this cry baby? I was aghast. Gabi may be an rear end in a top hat but she's not wrong.
Just to comment here, ZZ's from Louisiana, so he's already seen anything Florida has to offer, so it's not like going out is going to be a big dead.

I think Dianna is the hottest, but I'm not going to pretend I don't have a thing for curvy blondes. I can definitely see her getting a contract, regardless, though, yeah.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Next time you see Chris Jericho on this show, listen to how he pronounces "WWE" (or go back and watch his parts of the episode). I've seriously never heard anyone say it faster and smoother than he does. It's like he makes it a one-syllable word.

Dead Snoopy posted:

It's like the technicians and production team are the students at that university who are AUDITIONING to work on NXT.

Yeah, that's literally what Full Sail is doing with WWE. NXT production staff is generally student/alumni work hired straight out of the university.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh my god, Tough Talk is a million times better than the show. They just shat on the entire thing for half an hour and the Miz is so much better without a script.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My god this show is horrible. The format just makes it so hard to watch. I want to see these people try to learn stuff in the ring and fail miserably. Not bicker at each other about who can sell out an arena based on a loving cardio exercise.

And considering how frequently people have gotten contracts and not won the the thing like Cameron of all people, and that Andy won and they did jack poo poo with him, the long elimination process, rules, and fan voting just seem so pointless. WWE will sign whoever they want.

The first episode also didn't do anybody any favors to get us to like any of the contestants.

It really makes me miss how drat entertaining it was to just see Austin talk trash to the bottom 3 and watch them dig deep holes for themselves. It's why someone can mention Melina vs Alicia Fox and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Astro7x posted:

It really makes me miss how drat entertaining it was to just see Austin talk trash to the bottom 3 and watch them dig deep holes for themselves. It's why someone can mention Melina vs Alicia Fox and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Watch the Tough Talk thing on the Network.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tough talk is now up on YouTube as well

Does anyone know if all the Tough Talk episodes are gonna be posted to YouTube?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is there any good reason for the live parts of Tough Enough? I don't really get it at all, I prefer it just being a standard reality show format.

Is it so people can vote live with the show, I guess? For that brief 90 seconds they took votes lol

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The votes don't matter when they'll just offer whoever they want a contract and fire the winner.

I'm also not going to sit through that poo poo live with commercials just to vote.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's Sara Lee time!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Codependent Poster posted:

It's Sara Lee time!

Hell yeah! All aboard the Pastry Train!

Also, they should just replace Jericho with Renee Young.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm beginning to pick up a subtle vibe that people don't like Diana.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that Sara was the only one not talking trash.

Patrick is in the right here though.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sign Alex Shelley so Princess Diana can feud with Paparazzi Productionswhen she gets signed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KNOWLEDGE MEANS NOTHING

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Knowledge means nothing."

:vince:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dianna calling Amanda a Barbie doll is kinda hilarious.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
alex is so nominated.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sign Alex Shelley so Princess Diana can feud with Paparazzi Productionswhen she gets signed.

Niiiiiiiice.

Also I would love to see Paparazzi Productions back :shobon:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I identify with Alex

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bray Wyatt is somewhere out there!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ZZ's just like "I got this on lock" but in a more cajun folksy way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo it's ZZ's time to shine!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Aww they didn't show lita's neck-first landing

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

oh my god that guy has tattoo'd combat armour.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahahaha Booker laughing that a guy can't swim.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Every time I see ZZ I think of this song and I smile :)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha holy poo poo, he almost drowned.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Backstroking :lol:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha he could have stood up. Then he went back for the jacket!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

hahah it was barely waist deep.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Patrick: Alex, you gotta learn to swim before you dive in the water
Alex: Nah that's bullshit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked that by Billy. He should rip someone a new one if they lose a title.

God, that challenge was amazing.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sara isn't standing out much which is perfect because reality shows are always won by someone who hung in the middle of the pack until the last third. She has a good strategy!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

We're so heated that we're going to play pool!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

note that that screenshot is from 2k14 because 2k15 doesn't allow you to make custom divas

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Oh Patrick...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Patrick :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003