Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

old dog child posted:

I did not know wheez but his posts always made me laugh. And his fried chicken recipe is something I make all the time now (that brine yo). I am poor and unemployed. Would anyone care to match me?

Done and matched.

Gonna miss wheez's humor. Knowing he was involved in the sausage race mascot and had this to say when returning it:

quote:

Two men - one wearing a hoodie pulled tight over his face - lugged the larger-than-life link into the bar just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, plopped him on a bar stool and warned staff, "You did not see anything," said bartender Jen Mohney.

RIP you crazy fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shaft481 posted:

Done and matched.

Thank you. :)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Is that him?!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Uh oh someone explain death to nrr

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
poo poo. RIP Wheez.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Idiot Kicker posted:

poo poo. RIP Wheez.

He Coug'd too hard for this world.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

v2vian man posted:

Uh oh someone explain death to nrr

Someone explains photographs to renaissance era ham

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
Man. I just saw this since I haven't visited TFF in a bit.

Rest in peace, dude. We had some good chats during the Pac-12 games. I'll miss those odd rants from you.

I'm sad.

Go Cougs.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Finally got around to making Wheez's chicken recipe, turned out goddamn fantastic, the brine adds some incredible herb flavor to the meat. I was a little nervous frying, since I have literally never deep fried anything before, but aside from one extra big piece that was a little underdone next to the bone, it all turned out just perfect by following the recipe. Along with my yearly chili batch I think I've got a new addition to then Super Bowl food lineup:

My hat's off, the man knew how to do drat good food.

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 29, 2015

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
timg that poo poo man

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whypick1 posted:

timg that poo poo man

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Whoops, phone posting, my bad

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

uh oh pancho! posted:

aric's family saw this thread and wanted to send along their thanks to everyone for their generosity and kind words. they also informed me that they have the istombradyacheater.com emails
This is great to hear :gbsmith:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Some of you guys may know I run a charity fantasy football league. This year I've picked Doctor's Without Borders in honor of wheez.

If history is any indicator this means they won't get a dime.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Got a letter AND a phone call from the Southern Poverty Law Center today. They just wanted to thank me for my donation in honor of Aric Kleppin. :unsmith:

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

That rules :unsmith:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Finally got paid and was able to contribute to a great organization. Godspeed, wheez.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
its still pretty hosed up, that he died

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i dont read TFF during offseason because stalking teenagers during their summer isn't my thing but wheez was my fav. just last week i was at the grocery store and saw a depressed guy with a Cougars shirt on and thought of him.

anyways wheez here is something i made for you last season when you did something funny

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am a man of my word. Since I did it via PayPal I didn't see where to make the donation in his name, but whatever. wheez knows. :unsmith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Keeping the ball rolling:

Donated 711, so I could get him a 4loko.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Anyone know the current total of donations?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

That was a tasty fried chicken recipe.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
SPLC just sent me my yearly renewal. I know what to say.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Mouse Cadet posted:

Anyone know the current total of donations?
If someone has tracked it that would be awesome otherwise I was going to go back if I have time and get a total. The SPLC e-mailed me back about including something for the floral arrangement.

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF
http://www.wheeztheroux.com

I want you guys to know that when I showed our parents this thread they were cry-laughing so hard at a lot of the posts.
When we first found out what happened my mom was distraught that he was "alone," but with the post history it is comforting to know that he wasn't "alone" at all. He was in good company doing what he loved most: making dick jokes and degrading comments about other sports teams.

If he sent you any recipes, or quotes regarding food, please send them my way or submit them at the website above. I am compiling a cookbook, and I would like as much of it to be direct quotes from him as possible. I've used the fried chicken recipe in the blog as posted on this thread verbatim- so thank you for that!

-the sister

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

elKlepitan posted:

He was in good company doing what he loved most: making dick jokes and degrading comments about other sports teams.

:unsmith:

Someone link the NFCCG gameday thread again.

edit: Nevermind, got it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695380&userid=60335

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 13, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Formally request pole pic given place of honor on the website

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Formally request pole pic given place of honor on the website

It should just be the background.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Would it be appropriate to request a password for the site? I didn't know the guy or anything but I'd like to read the blog posts and see the Listen/Watch/Read stuff.

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF
Yeah, totally appropriate to request the password. I just wanted to add some sort of level of security because on the protected pages there are directions to the memorial, which will be at the house and I wanted people to be able to speak candidly without it being publicly searchable.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Great, requested.

Thanks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

elKlepitan posted:

I want you guys to know that when I showed our parents this thread they were cry-laughing so hard at a lot of the posts.
When we first found out what happened my mom was distraught that he was "alone," but with the post history it is comforting to know that he wasn't "alone" at all. He was in good company doing what he loved most: making dick jokes and degrading comments about other sports teams.

If he sent you any recipes, or quotes regarding food, please send them my way or submit them at the website above. I am compiling a cookbook, and I would like as much of it to be direct quotes from him as possible. I've used the fried chicken recipe in the blog as posted on this thread verbatim- so thank you for that!

-the sister
Thank you for registering to post this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Legit it feels really good to know we were able to help your family through this hard time in whatever small way possible

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
One of you rich goons buy her Wheez's old Av, or the pole-pic av, tia.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Welp time to register for Aric's website and thank his garbage friends

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

elKlepitan posted:

-the sister
This is wonderful to read. Requested the pw as well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

elKlepitan posted:

-the sister

This is the most :unsmith: thing.

I lost my sister to a car accident about 15 years ago. Still hurts to this day, but remembering good times always helps. I'm glad your family got to see this thread and share in some of the good times we had with wheez.

I love everyone right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I love the "Who is Wheez the Roux" paragraph...unironically in fact

• Locked thread