Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
not saying the healer wasn't being an idiot but warriors that are actually playing defensive instead of jamming down fell cleaves are shockingly hard to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

I've never done diadem 1 OR 2, since they both got such a bad reputation.

Went to diadem once, and only then because I was piggybacking off the DGKK gatherers.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

These notes don't mention Doom Train so why do we care about anything at all?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

Here's a gallery of my 3.0 npc dialogue adventures: http://imgur.com/a/JfXCJ

I was in tears reading these, excellent work.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Reiterpallasch posted:

foresight, thrill of battle, raw intuition, thrill of battle, infuriate -> inner beast, holmgang?
some sweet zerk equil/second wind after you barely get through

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Reiterpallasch posted:

not saying the healer wasn't being an idiot but warriors that are actually playing defensive instead of jamming down fell cleaves are shockingly hard to kill

I always forget about Raw Intuition somehow even though I have it in the same spot as a defensive CD as DRK :downs:

I think the problem here is that DRK is super stupid hard to get killed while playing and I'm just way more used to it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Two hours to the job notes, right?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Your average warrior player thinks that even looking at Defiance will cause them to turn to dust, like a vampire at sunrise.

I haven't seen someone actually use Inner Beast in months.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rainuwastaken posted:

Your average warrior player thinks that even looking at Defiance will cause them to turn to dust, like a vampire at sunrise.

I haven't seen someone actually use Inner Beast in months.

I use inner beast while playing in Defiance :ohdear:

E: And my brain never thinks of it as a defensive cooldown either, I'm probably bad at WAR

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
solo tanking in pf sophia "clear" groups teaches you the value of inner beast, faat

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

nuru posted:

These notes don't mention Doom Train so why do we care about anything at all?

They don't put story spoilers in the patch notes, dummy.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

Here's a gallery of my 3.0 npc dialogue adventures: http://imgur.com/a/JfXCJ

I'm already seeing crops of these showing up on other Internet Websites, congratulations on making it as a meme

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Bleu posted:

I'm already seeing crops of these showing up on other Internet Websites, congratulations on making it as a meme

I'm going to get so many upvotes XD

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Skaw posted:

To clarify with the Gaze Stack, you should also look away even if you intend NOT to stack. the gaze effect extends about twice as far away as the ring is wide. The ring is only for the stack damage the targeted player is about to suffer and not an indicator of how far reaching its Terror gaze effect is. It's not a very good marker overall because of that. It's not so important for Ranged or Healers(honestly everyone should be on his rear end anyway until he absorbs Scathach since it's the safest place to be,) but it's super duper important for the Main Tank to realize this.

I stopped even trying to stack on that thing when playing healer in pub groups because it felt like more of a risk to be the only one and get myself killed than having to resurrect the tank

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I stopped even trying to stack on that thing when playing healer in pub groups because it felt like more of a risk to be the only one and get myself killed than having to resurrect the tank

Yeah as a healer I just stay the gently caress away from everything and try to keep people alive. If I go in to the tank stack, half the group bolts right before it hits and I die. If I'm in the gaze stack, the target moves in front of me at the last second and I get hit. The rest of the group is choking on balls they're too lazy to dodge so I have to avoid them too.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Is there a site that has the appearances for all the AF sets?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Reiterpallasch posted:

foresight, thrill of battle, raw intuition, thrill of battle, infuriate -> inner beast, holmgang?

-> be at 1 hp because Blindside starts at ~430k and the only thing that actually saved you was holmgang. Those healers were quite dumb because it's not the tanks fault it's the lack of stackers fault.

Meanwhile, as PLD I can take his two Blindsides in a row with 0 damage :smuggo:

Also Blindside follows normal enmity priorities, IE the highest person on the list is getting hit. The unique thing it does is that it doesn't get canceled by the target dying, meaning someone trying to waste Diabolos' time by forcing his cast to cancel is just killing someone else :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
brb going into dun scaith on thaumaturge with provoke cross classed

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
poo poo, it's too late

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Injuryprone posted:

Is there a site that has the appearances for all the AF sets?

https://imgur.com/a/L4qOs

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wasn't thrilled about the sets in previous images, but the 3 I'm worried about look nice there. I haven't been all that enthused about the last few sets. The i245 stuff is ugly.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Thanks! I'm new so I'm trying to find the old sets too.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Can someone with good coordinates tell me WHERE in Ul'dah the Quest NPCs are? I wanna grab that, do the quest and get the hell out.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Revised Diadem was kind of nice if you liked selling a lot of cordials or if you could find a consistent market for certain gathering things. I was surprised at how quickly it became dead content because as a gatherer it was really convenient if extremely grindy. It was not at all very fun to do as a DoW or DoM class imo though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I see stormblood continues the trend of 99% of dragoon gear looking like crap

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fat_Cow posted:

Can someone with good coordinates tell me WHERE in Ul'dah the Quest NPCs are? I wanna grab that, do the quest and get the hell out.

The coordinates are listed in the patch notes. The RDM NPC is near the city exit gate near the marketboards, and the SAM trainer will be in the plaza outside the aetheryte room.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd pay real money on the mogstation (and level DRG past low 30s) if I could have one of the DRG AF from FFXI:

Then again apparently I'm a weirdo who hates overbusy and spikey armor.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Yes but see you're wrong because

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tone down the fins on the shoulderpads and dye that some kind of blue and that'd look decent.

Maybe a different helmet though.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fat_Cow posted:

Just find the huge loving crowds.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fat_Cow posted:

from reddit:

SAM
RDM

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rainuwastaken posted:

Yes but see you're wrong because

This one actually looks pretty good

Definitely the first spikey drg armor I've liked since AF1

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tone down the fins on the shoulderpads and dye that some kind of blue and that'd look decent.

Maybe a different helmet though.

Yeah, the shoulder fins are my least favorite part of it, but I love the rest of it. Definitely gonna have mine in a dark blue come this weekend.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In case anyone is following along as home, the best drg armor (or best chestpiece at least) is coat of the daring duelist

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It took me something like 9 months of on and off arboretum grinding to get that loving chestpiece

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The spikes are dragoon lore, it lets them control themselves in the air while jumping. They are never going away.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
bye old thread hi new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Man I'm gettin really excited about this. Every now and then I forget how giddy this game can make me.

• Locked thread