Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

david carmichael posted:

I like how you made it seem like everything was conjecture and heresay. That's very diplomatic of you

I am 90% sure I am being ridiculed here but I am not positive. In any case, 1st AD got his answer and I figured there was no reason to leave that post there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Gregor Samsa posted:

I am 90% sure I am being ridiculed here but I am not positive. In any case, 1st AD got his answer and I figured there was no reason to leave that post there.

Not even a little bit.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This is my new favorite guy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Sphinxster posted:

If Joe Silva accepts sweets off you then you know you're money.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Gregor Samsa posted:

Yeah I figured you had gym gossip but lol it was even funnier.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

1st AD posted:

Yeah I figured you had gym gossip but lol it was even funnier.

Can you post what he said? I missed the funny gossip.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

The Sphinxster posted:

i wish he wasn't retired :(

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Can you post what he said? I missed the funny gossip.

he knows how al dente penne is

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

i wish he wasn't retired :(

He retired a few fights too late which is earlier than most fighters. You should be happy he is retired.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CommonShore posted:

They value VanZant's unscarred face too much to put her against a striker like Grasso, and they (will) value Grasso's standup too much to put her with a wrestler like VanZant.

Grasso is likely going to begin in the UFC by beating up scrubs with name recognition like Angela Magana, Felice Herrig, and maybe Tecia Torres - they consider themselves to be good strikers. She'll be protected from the grapplier types for a while.

That is a good point. But if they are both the real deal they stand a good chance of running into each other eventually.

Also on twitter Dana and the official UFC account are putting up a ton of things about Joanna. They are comparing her to Ronda and Chuck a lot. Dana even put up a short video of Chuck and Joanna throwing the same combinations and that overhand right.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Trast posted:

That is a good point. But if they are both the real deal they stand a good chance of running into each other eventually.

Also on twitter Dana and the official UFC account are putting up a ton of things about Joanna. They are comparing her to Ronda and Chuck a lot. Dana even put up a short video of Chuck and Joanna throwing the same combinations and that overhand right.

I think they're definitely seeing money in promoting her right now because of her personality and fighting style.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
[url="https://"http://www.movienewsguide.com/fast-furious-8-news-spoilers-and-cast-update-vin-diesel-caught-in-a-love-triangle-between-eva-mendes-and-michelle-rodriguez/69023"Joanna Champion actually just got signed to be in "]Fast & Furious 8[/url] btw (along with Rousey coming back). Definitely seems she's making some waves.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bean Fried posted:

Joanna Champion actually just got signed to be in Fast & Furious 8 btw (along with Rousey coming back). Definitely seems she's making some waves.

Fixed it up for you.

mister
Dec 18, 2011

Hardly fair to compare anyone to the GOAT in weigh-in foods, flying headkicks, and thug-jitsu.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
It's weird that Amirkhani is credited as coming from Kurdistan

While Omer is attributed to Iraq

Though they both are Kurdish

Omer's Shirt has the Kurdish flag

idk where im going with this

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the Kurds are the bestest. these fighters will go on to great things. i am excited. namaste.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

the Kurds are the bestest. these fighters will go on to great things. i am excited. namaste.

Historically they've had some problems with gassing

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kurds make awesome pizza.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
First gas-joke on a german fight card not going to Hitler's credit? Color me surprised.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First gas-joke on a german fight card not going to Hitler's credit? Color me surprised.

Hitler won't like it if you're coloured anything.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

maffew buildings posted:

I wonder who gets to call in the air strike from America.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Alan Omer Fun Fact: this is the logo of the gym he trains out of in Stuttgart. It is both kind of awesome and terrifying (HORSE WITH HUMAN HANDS, NOOOO!)

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
Joanna is so goddamn cute/terrifying <3

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Early morning MMA, y'all!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hahaaa, I had a beer with this ref,.

Card is off to a great start.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hahaaa, I had a beer with this ref,.

Card is off to a great start.

What did he scrawl on his chest?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Have a good look at the octagon on the canvas, it's a good way to see who is winning the round." he said as Sasaki was stood on it, moments before he got sparked.

Who are these commentators?

e: Also, not the best stoppage by your buddy there Duzzy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

What did he scrawl on his chest?

How do you mean, "he"?

Realtalk: This must have been more than 10 years ago, dude claimed to run (own?) a gym and be a fighter.

Equally real talk: Poor japanese dude, brutal finish.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FightPass streaming server apparently just shat itself.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This Dagestanis punches are Goddamn fierce.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That was one unhappy doctor.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Praise Allah and never bet against a Dagestani.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dos Santos is hosed

Hahaa, the loving drunk Knights Templar

Dear English: Please go easy on Berlin this time

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ask that Ham

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
COOL

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Missed the first fight but there have been at least two pretty good fights on these pre lims.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that was cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I need some subtitles, Scott.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I need Dan Hardy to translate for Askham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Is it right in the tail of the tape that said this guy is 27? Because gently caress.

• Locked thread