Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
You are the worst. I'm pretty glad I don't know you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
*opts to pay for bloated, outdated business model instead*

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Tell me more about essentially unregulated discount food Cool NIN Shirt.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ALDI is the only supermarket that didn't jack up their egg prices by 2 bucks and blame it on the Bird Flu

ALDI is cool in my book

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Aldi is good.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

EugeneJ posted:

ALDI is the only supermarket that didn't jack up their egg prices by 2 bucks and blame it on the Bird Flu

ALDI is cool in my book

That's because they didn't check their eggs at all.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

That's because they didn't check their eggs at all.

gently caress

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Aldi is good.

qft

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I'd like to know what goons are purchasing other than food that forces them to shop at Aldi's. You know, groceries in America rank the cheapest in the world for the quality, why not buy real food? What exactly is more important than that?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

your noodle arms couldn't lift a gallon of milk OP

"whoa look at all these quality grocery items I bought for low prices, how am I going to transport them to the car when I can't even lift them?" these are problems you have, I bet

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I'd like to know what goons are purchasing other than that forces them to shop at Aldi's. You know, groceries in America rank the cheapest in the world for the quality, why not buy real food? What exactly is more important than that?

I'm not American

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

I'm not American

GET OUT OF THE loving THREAD

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont really have a problem with horse meat

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
American Aldi might be bad

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
In the UK Aldi is def. the number 1 supermarket. The rest of the grocery stores are price gouging pricks, thanks Aldi for maintaining some semblance of supply and demand instead of robber baron poo poo

I haven't seen an Aldi since I moved to the states, but I'm pretty sure they own trader joes, and that's a pretty cool place to buy kettle crisps and organic lemonade

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

why don't u try to suck aldis dick

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

The Saurus posted:

In the UK Aldi is def. the number 1 supermarket. The rest of the grocery stores are price gouging pricks, thanks Aldi for maintaining some semblance of supply and demand instead of robber baron poo poo

I haven't seen an Aldi since I moved to the states, but I'm pretty sure they own trader joes, and that's a pretty cool place to buy kettle crisps and organic lemonade

Jesus loving christ Aldi's is the UK's #1 supermarket? :gonk:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Saurus posted:

ALDI is like the communist version of Trader Joe's - it's awesome

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Jesus loving christ Aldi's is the UK's #1 supermarket? :gonk:

If money is no object then there's much higher quality ones like Waitrose for posh people, but as far as your normal person on a budget supermarket yes it has rly good prices and the food is the same quality as any of the others like tescos

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

The Saurus posted:

If money is no object then there's much higher quality ones like Waitrose for posh people, but as far as your normal person on a budget supermarket yes it has rly good prices and the food is the same quality as any of the others like tescos

It also has rad continental poo poo

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
the most disconcerting thing about Aldi is they split their empire into two just like rome

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

It also has rad continental poo poo

hell yeah i love those little spiced german gingerbreads at christmastime, my german teacher in school first clued me into them. I think Lidls has a lot of that stuff too, but lidls is for mainly buying massive amounts of fizzy pop and sweets rather than normal food you can survive off

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

EugeneJ posted:

ALDI is like the communist version of Trader Joe's - it's awesome

Does it stink as bad as it does in Trader Joe's?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

The Saurus posted:

The UK - where you will be described as posh for not going to aldis

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

The UK - where you will be described as posh for not going to aldis

You've never been to Netto. Or eaten "No Frills". I have.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
lol kwik save

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

lol kwik save

somerfield

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i miss living close to an aldi, they had real cheap fake bourbon and belgian beer in plastic bottles

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

The Saurus posted:

somerfield

I must be older than you

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I would drink the entire 330ml 10 pack of that "authentic belgian beer" and felt nothing. they were at least glass bottles though

Still better than tesco value beer which literally has the ingredients "water, ethanol, caramel colouring, yeast flavouring"

i remembered quik save and laughed at that too, but yea p sure you are old man

none of you fuckers have ever had to shop at a londis so stop complaining

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The aldis 15 minutes from here is solid, but i like the local grocery store which is somehow cheaper than everywhere else. it helps oif you don't ask how they're selling a pound of ground beef for 3.00

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SweetKarma posted:

Does it stink as bad as it does in Trader Joe's?

It smells like old cabbage, machine oil, and failure

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I was in South Carolina last week and right across the street from where I stayed was a Piggly Wiggly. That place owned just for allowing you to say "I"m going to the Piggly Wiggly, anyone want anything?"

It's a lot better than saying Publix, or whatever the hell aldis is.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Aldi is great if you live in a food desert, I guess.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What the gently caress is an aldis? I've never seen an aldis? Must be next to the mythical krogers people keep talking about.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Boinks posted:

What the gently caress is an aldis? I've never seen an aldis? Must be next to the mythical krogers people keep talking about.

Homebrand stuff and cheap stuff all in one store, for you to eat. And minimal staffing to keep costs down.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

The Saurus posted:

I would drink the entire 330ml 10 pack of that "authentic belgian beer" and felt nothing. they were at least glass bottles though

Still better than tesco value beer which literally has the ingredients "water, ethanol, caramel colouring, yeast flavouring"

there is so much sad stuff happening in this post :(

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

The Saurus posted:

I have smoked Londis own brand cigarettes

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Verily I Shat posted:

Homebrand stuff and cheap stuff all in one store, for you to eat. And minimal staffing to keep costs down.

Oh, you mean Aldi? I go there all the time. Never seen one called Aldis though, must be regional.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

aldis has the cheepest hard liquor in ireland. makes em ok in my book imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Boinks posted:

Oh, you mean Aldi? I go there all the time. Never seen one called Aldis though, must be regional.

I think it might be people calling it aldis instead of aldi, like people calling them legos instead of lego

unless :thejoke:

• Locked thread