Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

SweetKarma posted:

Does pluto have a moon? I didn't know that.

charon is large enough relative to pluto that the center of gravity between the two bodies is a point between the two, which means that pluto orbits a point outside of itself

woooo the sssolar system ooooowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

we are gonna see the gently caress out of pluto

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a pimple on an acne scarred face

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i have this feeling of incredible destruction, like we're about to learn something terrible about ourselves

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

wonder what those four dark spots right in the middle of pluto are. probably the exhaust ports for the huge engines that will propel it into a collision course with earth imo

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

they found the monolith

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

they found malaysian airlines 370 and are hiding the evidence

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

pluto looks a fuckin chump i could beat it up

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

lol if you even look at a planet

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

planets or as i call them, space orbs, have nothing to do with me

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

would you believe they put five guys on the moon
~five guys on the moooon~

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a planette

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

where's my pixar movie where all the planets are anthropomorphized and they get into big trouble and plucky lil pluto saves the day and that's when we learn the smallest planet can have the biggest heart

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Kaluza-Klein posted:

Where do I get a New Horizons hat?

if nasa had the sense to merchandise its little probes and rovers and satellites they wouldn't have nearly the money problems they do.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this will be the album cover of my mathrock debut ep

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

they accidentally deleted the original beamed to them the only version that's still on their computers is a 800x800 .jpg which someone shopped the doge meme over

such kuiper wow

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mountainclimber expedition to pluto

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

nasa hiding pluto pyramids??? ancient aztec astronauts??

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

NihilismNow posted:

Mars Pathfinder was a huge deal in the 90's. If anything it was more of a event than new horizons. Here you have full colour 360 panorama's on the the internet this thing we've only had for a few years, i think it was one of the most popular sites for a little while. New pictures almost every day. Then Spirit and Opportunity in the early 00's.

If you were so inclined it was always possible to be inspired. It has also always been possible to not care about any of this stuff. If anything it has gotten easier because there is even more information thrown at people all the time. Over here New horizons was maybe a 20 second bit on mainstream news programs (where they called it a planet and wondered if it was going to find life on pluto).

yeah pathfinder was the greatest and the real deal. i watched news about it every night when i was a kid. plus it was a cute as heck rover. i had a micro machine pathfinder toy and it owned.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

cmndstab posted:

What is that dark line on the top-right of Charon, that looks like it's cutting off a tiny sliver of the surface?

it's the crack in the egg shell

soon the cosmic world devourer will hatch and feast on our solar system

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

yeah but only on earth am i able to shitpost, and that's pretty special

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

canals on pluto confirmed for plutonian lifeforms we begin bombing immediately

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

only idiot fucker morons are sapient. lol if u don't exist in solely a state of primal instinct

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

across the universe all civilizations no matter how different from one another suffer the same fate: they reach a certain level of technological sophistication such that they hold within their capabilities the capacity to either destroy themselves or break free of the gravity well and expand to the stars and they all invariably choose the same fate they elect donald trump

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

seriously i want to show an alien the music video for party rock anthem by lmfao

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Is this just the Pluto thread? Can it be used for other space news?

Because Kepler just discovered an awesome new habitable planet in the habitable zone that's one of the most earthlike planets yet found.

https://www.nasa.gov/keplerbriefing0723

when do we start bombing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i love my tall rear end pluto ice mountains

• Locked thread