Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
you can get a gun to deal with some situations, but it makes all police patrols immediately aggro. Like most survival horror games you will need to refer to walkthroughs constantly to not die every couple minutes.

A helpful white guy will occasionally point you towards objectives like finding gainful employment, but even if you achieve them all and become POTUS you still can't technically "win".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Night of the Living Dead?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I know a black guy with lots of guns and no cops get in his face about it.

But he is a SWAT team member and won police officer of the year last year lol who's gonna gently caress with that. i think he "won" the black mans game

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

wow, link to kickstarter?

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
I'm goonvetting this because it might mark my first foray into kickstarter country.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'll make the kickstarter

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

But he is a SWAT team member and won police officer of the year last year lol who's gonna gently caress with that. i think he "won" the black mans game

I think they call that a race traitor

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i liked GTA San Andreas though

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
i would play such a game. But only if i can put dynamite bars into southern officers pants <3.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Sounds boring, much like your meaningless life OP.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'd rather just download a skin for just cause 2.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
maybe you could add some rpg elements, except many of your stats (education, health, charisma, etc) will be locked due to your poor socioeconomic standing lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The gated community level is modern gaming's Battletoads bike level.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
if you accidently cross into the north your unemployment meter doubles and you have to move to government housing

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
If you manage to escape up north there should be two alternate endings. In the first one a police officer chokes you to death using an illegal hold. You lose. In the other, a police officer steps on your spine until you die. You lose.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Also, think we could get officer farva into the studio so we can motion capture his barrel roll?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

thathonkey posted:

Also, think we could get officer farva into the studio so we can motion capture his barrel roll?

lmao

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I cast magic missile

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HsVK92ep0U

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Is it this guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrl2Dm8Rwtk

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
the first manhunt got pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsftI-USA2k

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
would be a good game if only for the wailing and gnashing of teeth from gamer nerds

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
well I did go ahead and make a kickstarter for it which might get approved in the next 2 days. Really putting myself out on the line here goons, be sure to buy me a nice meal before you all take turns loving me in the rear end. At the very least you can doxx me and make fun of my babbies first videogame kickstarter.

I think I have about 3 games worth of ideas and systems in my mind taking place in the 1820s, 1920s and present day.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

will there be crafting

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Parallax Scroll posted:

will there be crafting

Don't forget the zombies.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

will there be crafting

its mandatory

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Parallax Scroll posted:

will there be crafting

wreathes and flower arrangements to be placed in the street beside a big photograph of someone

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

InvincibleMadHouse posted:

well I did go ahead and make a kickstarter for it which might get approved in the next 2 days. Really putting myself out on the line here goons, be sure to buy me a nice meal before you all take turns loving me in the rear end. At the very least you can doxx me and make fun of my babbies first videogame kickstarter.

I think I have about 3 games worth of ideas and systems in my mind taking place in the 1820s, 1920s and present day.

Stretch goal: ending twist is it was all a white guy in an Assassin's Creed type deal that simulates the past when black people were still extant.

Like Jurassic Park on Genesis when you could play as a raptor.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

InvincibleMadHouse posted:

Send a link to the Retsupurae guys so they can make fun of it when it fails

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Parallax Scroll posted:

will there be crafting

the license plate creation minigame is a lot like crafting so yes

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

in the american souith the blacks are the zombies

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
put in cop encounter QTEs where pressing the wrong button gets you beaten/shot and pressing the right button might get you beaten/shot also

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
no matter what name you put in the character creator the game always changes it to Toby

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
level five is a minecart ride through the underground railroad where you have a cover shooter section to get to the front of the train and rescue the engineer, harriet tubman, from the lead henchman and miniboss, nega-lincoln

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a historically accurate underground railroad game would be interesting

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
right before the final level of the game you have a boss rush where you fight Mecha Zimmerman, Jeff Foxworthy who has gone super saiyan (only change is his mustache is yellow), Jesse Jackson who for some reason betrayed you in the second act, and finally the lead of the NCAA who throws exploding basketballs at you (if you get hurt he then pulls your scholarship and you have to work at mcdonalds for the rest of the game)

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

ArmZ posted:

a historically accurate underground railroad game would be interesting

underground railroad simulator 1856, now available on steam

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The QTE where your character unravels the mysteries of literacy and learns to read via pressing A, B, X, Y, and twirling the control sticks as directed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

satanic splash-back posted:

The QTE where your character unravels the mysteries of literacy and learns to read via pressing A, B, X, Y, and twirling the control sticks as directed.

<put down controller to avoid resisting arrest>

• Locked thread