Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Szmitten posted:

Favourite game ever I should say. Maybe slip a Rogue Squadron in there somewhere.

Like i could ever forgive rogue squadron for making me pilot a Y-wing in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Like i could ever forgive rogue squadron for making me pilot a Y-wing in hell.

Surely that's just being accurate?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Lol just lol if you didn't think Assault on Kile II was the best mission

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Lol just lol if you didn't think Assault on Kile II was the best mission

I think he's talking about Sullust.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Szmitten posted:

I think he's talking about Sullust.

Ah, that one was tough. Not as tough as Escape from Fest, though. I think that's the only mission I didn't get a gold on.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I couldn't get through Sullust on the 64 and then somehow a few years later beat it on the PC version using the keyboard.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
WELP. Delayed to Q1 2016.

Miyamoto posted:

I made a big decision last week.

We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes.

While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.

To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.

Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64. All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we're aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ah dammit.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
If there was any doubt before that it was truly a Miyamoto game I think this dispels it.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

This seems like an unqualifiedly good thing, judging by how rough what they've shown off looks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Ah, that one was tough. Not as tough as Escape from Fest, though. I think that's the only mission I didn't get a gold on.

Golds in Rogue Squadron? Oh please, those were nothing. Go for the platinum medals in Battle for Naboo if you want to really test if you're a man (hint: you probably aren't).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Platinum's Hashimoto says the game was delayed to get that 'Platinum Feel'
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-nail-platinum-feel-dev-di/1100-6431047/

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Take all the loving time you want guys. If the outcome is the best game I can get, then I'll wait.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You need to buy barrel roll at the store after the first mission?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

2016 is going to be a good Nintendo year.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
I hope I'm not alone in this, but I think the way motion controls are implemented is actually pretty cool. Its like a "three-stick" shooter.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jonas Albrecht posted:

2016 is going to be a good Nintendo year.

I KNOW, THE NX IS COMING OUT :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I KNOW, THE NX IS COMING OUT :allears:

Pft, more like Quaint Reaper.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jellymouth posted:

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I think the way motion controls are implemented is actually pretty cool. Its like a "three-stick" shooter.

Yeah, after Splatoon i'm a hundred percent on board with motion shooting.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
So. 22nd April 2016.

Nintendo Direct footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzwPUAXsvH4
Official website gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOeg589SJM

Noticeable are some graphical improvements, the aiming reticle assuming an eight-sided star shape at points (charging?), new HUD, and bombs are back in.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It says he's co-directer? Platinum seems a bit more involved in the game than what other people were saying.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
W101 had a co-director from Nintendo but noone ever talks about that guy (including Kamiya) because in these situations the other director is more of a supervisor/producer than someone who takes point on the entire project; the job is more about relaying and realising requests than making creative decisions, even though I'm sure they have plenty and that Nintendo's open to listening to them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Where's Krystal?

Finally, an answer for the only question that matters: https://twitter.com/PG_y_hashimoto/status/634182551439933440

edit: this is being reported now even though it's months old? weird

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I don't understand people who a) Like Krystal, b) Like Assault, and c) Care about the story and continuity of Star Fox.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Finally, an answer for the only question that matters: https://twitter.com/PG_y_hashimoto/status/634182551439933440

edit: this is being reported now even though it's months old? weird

Thank god

Szmitten posted:

I don't understand people who a) Like Krystal, b) Like Assault, and c) Care about the story and continuity of Star Fox.

We should just pretend that everything after SNES Fox never happened. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Szmitten posted:

She is a fox girl with big tits who wears a bikini. It is not difficult to understand where her fanbase lies.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Assault was a good game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

mabels big day posted:

Assault was a good game.

I remember the multiplayer being a lot of fun.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Szmitten posted:

shes like the only notable female character in the series, i think a lot of people would be fine with her coming back with a redesign or something instead of removing her completely

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

sharrrk posted:

shes like the only notable female character in the series, i think a lot of people would be fine with her coming back with a redesign or something instead of removing her completely
I agree with a redesign, like completely.
I just wish she wasn't a fox/wolf/cat or whatever she was. Why not a different animal like a pangolin or a penguin or something. I just feel like she was designed to pander to furry community a little too much.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they should bring back the star fox 2 characters whose names i dont remember.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Szmitten posted:

Furries exist.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sharrrk posted:

they should bring back the star fox 2 characters whose names i dont remember.

Miyu the Lynx and Faye the poodle.

In some ways Kat/Crystal are like a redesign of Miyu except she seemed a bit more interesting :v:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

We should just pretend that everything after SNES Fox never happened. :colbert:

That means ignoring 64, best game of the series and best game on the system. You monster.

Edit: Nintendo wants 40 dollars for a remake of 64 with worse voice acting? :wtc:

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 24, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Assault was a good game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Great Beer posted:

That means ignoring 64, best game of the series and best game on the system. You monster.

Edit: Nintendo wants 40 dollars for a remake of 64 with worse voice acting? :wtc:

I'd still buy it for the reasons stated in your post.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I mean, its a good game, but its 40 dollars for a 4 year old remake of an 18 year old game. Do nintendo games just not go down in price?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pretty much, yeah.

That being said, it got a budget re-release in Europe recently.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I know I should want a new game instead of a re-make but the truth is, if they tried something different they would probably just gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Great Beer posted:

Do nintendo games just not go down in price?

You ever been to a gamestop?

Used copies of Mario Kart 8 will be $50 until the day you die.

• Locked thread