Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Big-name Nintendo games basically sell at a reliable regular pace for the entirety of the system's lifecycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Nintendo is a company that used to blacklist stores for having NES games on sale for $59.00 instead of $59.99 several years after the game was released.

Plus, people just rarely sell back Nintendo first party games, which keeps them high in price.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GameXplain gamexplains the Nintendo Direct footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJLYQjDs74

I hadn't seen the GravMaster before, but that looks fun as hell.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I played Star Fox 64 to DEATH, including doing some of the multiplayer stuff. I remember unlocking the different vehicles for multiplayer and it blew my mind.

Nintendo sent me this VHS in the mail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2QtHEUxcU

I had to have the game after that.

I'm looking forward to having what looks like a 'proper' Star Fox game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I remember that video too. It made me just as excited for the rumble pack.

This game just keeps looking better and better with each new video we get.

Was Star Fox Adventures really that bad? That and Assault were the only ones I missed.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I remember that video too. It made me just as excited for the rumble pack.

This game just keeps looking better and better with each new video we get.

Was Star Fox Adventures really that bad? That and Assault were the only ones I missed.

Adventures was alright. It had a few rough edges that there was no time for sanding off since Rare was being sold to Microsoft, and Tricky has annoying sidekick syndrome, but it is a gorgeous- looking game with good music. There are a lot of dumb collectibles for an otherwise straightforward and fairly linear action game, but it plays fine and is generally a good time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Adventures suuuuuuuuuuuucks and Assault is occasionally okay but mostly crappy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Adventures seemed like an alright but flawed Rare Platformer in a lets play I saw. ...until around halfway through the game where it becomes increasingly obvious it got super rushed in production somehow (despite all the time it had since it had started in the N64 days) and just became a horrible mess by the end. At least it has Shrek and Andros.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Big-name Nintendo games basically sell at a reliable regular pace for the entirety of the system's lifecycle.

I dunno they tend to go on sale a lot.

I bought everything worthwhile for the wii-u and nothing went above 40 bucks other than Xenoblade Chronicles X and Monster Hunter 3u.

Baynetta 1&2 was going for 20 bucks, New Super Mario Wii-U and Luigi U were around the same for a good long time, and 3d World was 30.

I remember buying Pikmin 3 for 32 bucks.

Hell The Wii games are dirt cheap right now, when gamestop ushers in their clearence mode. poo poo falls to around a few bucks just for the first party titles.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 3, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there any secret path in Aquas or is the trick to getting a medal just spamming torpedos?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
spam the gently caress out of those torpedoes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looper posted:

spam the gently caress out of those torpedoes

I just need 150, right?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my sources say yes

also star fox assault was okay imo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looper posted:

my sources say yes

also star fox assault was okay imo

It's definitely okay, but the art direction is megabad.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Some stuff dropped in the direct. Pre-existing Star Fox amiibos give you an SNES Arwing. 22nd April confirmed. One drives one shoots co-op. I haven't seen the footage properly yet myself but I'm sure you have already :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They also showed "Project Guard" which is now a standalone game called Starfox Guard starring Slippy and UNCLE GRIPPY:

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 4, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

uncle Grippy looks really cool

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Poor Slippy bald so young. It explains a lot about him honestly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some clarification on the Zero/Guard thing:

-in NA, retail copies of SF Zero will cost $60 and come packaged with a copy of SF Guard on a second disc. Alternately, you can buy either game on the eShop and it'll discount the other by $5 to bring the total price to $60. (Zero is $50, Guard is $15).

-in Europe, SF Zero is getting a first-print SE that includes packaged copies of both games and a 2-disc steelbook case, as well as a standalone SF Zero release and a code-in-a-box release for Guard. They've said nothing about any digital discounts and they've confirmed the disc version of Guard is exclusive to the SE.

EU SE trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWOgcl7P_Is

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Who's this Grippy punk and what did he do with Beltino

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Who's this Grippy punk and what did he do with Beltino

You can have both an uncle and a father

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Little over a month until Star Fox Zero drops, lets get this hype train crashed into a supply depotgoing!

Miyamoto and Bill have been doing a lot of interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6a8Oswk1s

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Star Fox 64 is up on EU WiiU VC. It's half price until the day before Zero releases. (€4.99 / £4.49 until 21st April, then €9.99/ £8.99)

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
As per this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt6WXVUim8I&t=596s

-Fox amiibo unlocks Retro Arwings for the whole crew (and old Corneria music)
-Falco amiibo unlocks a Black Arwing that takes triple damage but can lock-on to two targets.
-More than one mission per planet seemingly in addition to the alternate paths.
-"Arcade Mode"
-"?????" on the main menu.
-Bill sounds like Danny Glover.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wellp, getting Falco.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A Star Wolf mode would be awesome, as would a Wolf amiibo that lets you use the Wolfen, and also Wolf being in Smash Bros :smith:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
The best Starfox games were designed by British dudes, you're loving welcome. :colbert:

Wait what are you looking at? Starfox Adventures? that one doesn't count! It uuhh wasn't originally a Starfox game! It was Miyamotos idea!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Star Fox Adventures was a good game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Watching the video, the dude said that you get double lock on when you get hyper lasers so maybe the falco ship actually gets you permanent hyper lasers plus the 3X damage.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Argonaut guys didn't do anything but programming on the early Starfox games and when they tried to do it on their own they gave us Buck Bumble.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Creating a 3D game to work on a 16-bit console is a pretty impressive task.

Buck Bumble was great for one reason and one reason alone, it taught us all to bum to the bass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Files sizes are in. Zero is 7514.10 MB (7.5 GB), Guard is 2329.41 MB (2.3 GB). This is according to the EU verisons which occasionally have slightly larger sizes due to languages but these are the max sizes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The review copies have already been sent out and the list of embargoed topics/content is quite long, so I wonder if they're pulling a Kid Icarus with this game and deliberately withholding a ton of stuff just because.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The secret might already be out, been hearing a lot of groundswell about a plot twist that I can't find the source for but a lot of people believe. It's a multiverse plot and we've only seen the 64 stuff, the portals are tied to it somehow and later stuff will show up.

One piece of evidence I know I've seen is Venom is a little before the halfway point on the overall score chart- and all the 64 planets/areas are before it leaving a massive gap of mystery locations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did I post the bad shirt? Get the bad shirt: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/star-fox-zero-first-print-edition-amiibo-pack/11261880.html

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the faded I haven't worn this since I was twelve look of it and you say its a BAD shirt??? would wear that poo poo to dance parties errday

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hi, when does this game release in poland is anyone know? also is it available on new 3ds? thank you

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The secret might already be out, been hearing a lot of groundswell about a plot twist that I can't find the source for but a lot of people believe. It's a multiverse plot and we've only seen the 64 stuff, the portals are tied to it somehow and later stuff will show up.

One piece of evidence I know I've seen is Venom is a little before the halfway point on the overall score chart- and all the 64 planets/areas are before it leaving a massive gap of mystery locations.

I hope all the random characters from previous iterations people always want show up but just barely for like one level each if that's true.

Like those two female pilots from Star Fox 2 finally show up when you actually go to the Super FX Chip-verse, and Krystal is in fact in the game but barely gets any screen time and it's also the Krystal from Dinosaur Planet. I don't know if they even own the rights to do that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here's the level chart going around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Did they turn Venom into a planet buster?

• Locked thread