Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
All right. Basic information complete. I'll punch this into some swag sheets later on when I figure it out.

Possible issues:
1) There's no campaign trait for someone born outside the region. Can I pick one of the existing ones and fluff it as something else, but keeping the same mechanical flaws and benefits, or perhaps submit a custom trait for approval? It could perhaps be a bonus to Charisma-based checks towards people who think highly of Cheliax(mostly evil people) and a penalty to the same towards people who think poorly of Cheliax. Resolved
2) I picked Infernal, an Exotic Language, as one of the languages spoken, justified by being raised in devil-worshipping country.
3) Ajax will be bringing a lot of wine with him wherever he goes. The Player's Handbook lists the price of a bottle of fine wine and a pitcher of common wine on page 158, but doesn't specify weight. I filled in a weight that seemed sensible. Resolved through winechat

whothefuckismydndcharacter.com concept: DISRUPTIVE HUMAN SORCERER FROM THE BLACK CITADEL WHO DRUNKENLY SWORE A BLOOD OATH AND FORGOT WHAT FOR

Character Sheet Theme Music
Name: Ajax Drovenge
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer(Wild Mage)
Height: 5'5''
Weight: 155lbs.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Ability Scores:
STR 11
DEX 13
CON 14
INT 15
WIS 9
CHA 16

(Standard array, +1 to each for being a non-variant Human)

HP: 8
AC: 11
Speed: 30’
Initiative: +1
Saving Throw Proficiencies: Constitution/Charisma(Sor)
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana(sage), Deception(Sor), History(sage), Persuasion(Sor)
Tool Proficiencies: None
Weapon Proficiencies: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaves, light crossbows
Languages: Common(human), Dwarvish(background), Elvish(background), Infernal(human)
Background: Sage(Wizard’s Apprentice)
Feature: Researcher

quote:

When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.
Personality Traits: I’m convinced that people are always trying to steal my
secrets. / There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal: No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility
inherent in all existence.
Bond: I have been looked down on my entire life. I need to prove myself.
Flaw: I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants
Campaign Trait: Foreign Diplomat

quote:

Description: You've got the education and pedigree to back up your claims of being a noble, and the houses of Brevoy have taken you at your word about being an official diplomatic liaison from the nation of Cheliax. You clearly have different morals and worldviews than your noble counterparts in Brevoy, but the complex political web of the land has several noble families vying for your favor and the support of Cheliax to further their own interests.

Effect (disadvantage): You aren't actually a foreign diplomat. If you make promises that you aren't able to keep, or create the appearance of keeping, the noble houses of Brevoy are likely to discover your deception. They would not take well to being deceived.
Effect (advantage): For as long as you maintain the illusion of your status as an official representative of Cheliax, you possess diplomatic immunity in regard to the laws of Brevoy.
Effect (other): Cheliax is a complicated place. If you can actually pull off a series of political wins in the Brevoy region on behalf of your homeland, they might retroactively assign you status as a foreign diplomat. If you end up damaging the interests of your homeland while pulling off this deception, however, your homeland is rather likely to react poorly to your actions.

Spells
Cantrips: Light, Fire Bolt, Frostbite, Mage Hand.
1st-level(2 slots): Charm Person, Witch Bolt.

Inventory:
(Starting 120gp) 0.16gp

(Carrying Capacity 165, 15 used
Arcane Focus, wand(10gp) 1lb.
Clothes, fine (15gp) 6lb.
Dagger (2gp) 1lb.
Ink, one ounce bottle (10gp) 0lb.
Ink pen (0.02gp) 0lb.
Pouch(0.5gp) 1lb.
Parchment, 10 sheets (1gp) 0lb.
A small knife 0lb?
Waterskin with common wine (0.3gp) 5lb.
Dice set (1 sp) 0lb.
Noble pedigree

Pony (30gp) carrying capacity 225lb, 196 used
-Saddle, riding (10gp) 25lb.
-Saddlebags (4gp) 8lb.
-Feed, 10 days (0,50gp) 50lb.
-Rations, 10 days(5gp) 20lb.
-Bedroll (1gp) 7lb.
-Tent, two-person (2gp) 20lb.
-Soap (0.02gp)
-Robes, heavy black (1gp) 4lb.
-2 bottles of fine wine (24gp) 7lb
-11 waterskins of common wine (3.3gp) 55lb.

Trinket: Two toy soldiers, one with a missing head

History:

quote:

Born the bastard son of Morgan, lesser lord of House Drovenge, one of the major noble families in Cheliax, Ajax has always been surrounded by scandal. His father, who had no legitimate sons, acknowledged Ajax as his bastard and raised him in his estate, a contentious decision for a member of a conservative family. Ajax seemed to have no desire to fit in, either, showing little interest in his lessons and much preferring to make friends with the lower castes, further damaging his reputation among the nobility.

As he neared puberty, he began displaying signs of sorcerous abilities. Rather than throw him out, Count Morgan decided to apprentice him to a local wizard, Prospero, hoping that Ajax would learn to control his powers and even become powerful enough to earn the other nobles’ respect. Ajax learned that he had a lot of interest in reading, and even though Prospero couldn’t offer much in the way of practical lessons -the nature of their magical aptitude being so different- the two became fast friends and Ajax seemed to learn a bit of self-restraint.

Ajax, with a lot of smooth talking and endearing charm, managed to befriend a lot of the younger nobles, who found his irreverent and independent attitude to be a breath of fresh air from the general stuffiness of life among the Cheliaxan nobility. After discovering the magic of alcohol in his late teens, he became known as the life of the party, spending most of his evenings carousing and generally being a bad influence on the younger generation and generating several rumours of dallying with women both high-born and common. Many times he came perilously close to calling the wrath of the Asmodean clergy down upon himself, but between his quick wit and his father’s decreasingly enthusiastic protection, he managed to escape by the skin of his teeth.

Shortly after turning thirty, he had a baby brother. Morgan’s wife had died unexpectedly, and he had married a younger, more fertile woman, who quickly delivered to him a legitimate son. Ajax found his favour waning and took to the bottle with even more enthusiasm.

Then one morning he wakes up, hung over like he’s about to die, in a roadside tavern to the northeast of the capital. So far, he’s managed to piece the following together: He was on a particularly fierce bender, celebrating some achievement of a friend of his, when he encountered his mentor Prospero, looking agitated. Prospero had dragged him to his study, where there may or may not have been someone else. Prospero had made him swear a blood oath to… something. Then the clergy had burst in and Prospero spirited Ajax away before the priests could get their hands on him. Though wasted, Ajax could still figure that if the clergy was arresting Prospero, they’d take him too just for the sake of completeness, contrive something to charge him with, then burn him for it. So he packed his things, saddled what he thought was his father’s best horse(it was dark and he was drunk and in a hurry) and rode off to wherever he thought he should go.

Eventually, he ends up in Restov, convinced that his Blood Oath led him here, and ingratiates himself with the nobility. During a visit to a local Surtovan representative, where Ajax availed himself shamelessly of the host's wine cellar, he was asked if he was an official representative of the kingdom of Cheliax. Ajax didn't want to disappoint, and felt that his welcome would soon run out if people found out the nature of his exile from Cheliax, so he played along with it. Now he finds himself in the unusual but eminently satisfying position of having several important people vying for his favour. Feeling like he's walking a knife's edge, where he can't admit to not being an actual emissary, but also unable to actually make any promises on the behalf of his country, Ajax grabbed the opportunity to take advantage of his popularity to gain a charter to explore the Stolen Lands, which would give him a break from the political intrigue long enough to figure out how he was going to get out of this conundrum.

Loose Character Development Plan: Ajax has always imagined that he would settle down sometime, just not right now, as he wanted to party some more. Now that he's caught up in his drunken blood oath and sundry lies, he's starting to develop an itch for setting down some roots. He dreams of establishing a modest estate and either a vineyard/winery or -perhaps more realistic in this northern climate- a bee farm/meadery. Then he could settle down and throw wicked parties every day! Mechanically, I mostly aim to go pure Sorcerer, but maybe dip a level in Rogue for some extra skills and skullduggery, depending on how things turn out.

[size="xx-small"]EDIT 23/6: Changed House Magnathon, which doesn't exist, to House Drovenge, which is a canonical house. Added Foreign Diplomat campaign trait.
EDIT2 23/6: Mentioned in Issues that I pretty much hand-waved the weight of the wine I'm carrying.
EDIT 24/6: switched out Ray of Frost for Fire Bolt. Skill proficiencies now listed in alphabetical order. Character sheet linked; I copied the one that A Darker Porpoise used. There shouldn't be any references to Jergo in there, but please let me know you stumble on something I missed. EDIT2: Added noble pedigree to inventory, since it's a part of the campaign trait. EDIT3: Winechat makes the barrel too heavy to fit on the pony along with everything else, so the barrel is removed and replaced by wineskins. Each waterskin can carry 4 pints of liquid(PHB153) and weighs 5lb. when full. Assuming 1 pitcher=1 gallon, that's 1 pitcher of wine filling 2 waterskins, giving a total of 3sp and 5lb. for each wineskin. Also replaced waterskin in carried inventory with a proper wineskin, with the correct cost.
EDIT 25/6: Added theme music because it popped into my head today and I thought it fit. Added some tentative character development plans because I saw some others do it so I put some idle thought into it. Switched STR and DEX in order to keep open the option of dipping into the Rogue class sometime. EDIT2: Message replaced with Frostbite.[/size]

Werewhale fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Ironically there is a list of Cheliax noble houses and Magnathon isn't on it. Not that I particularly care, but if you want to immerse yourself in the lore feel free.
That said, based on that background I'd suggest the following campaign trait options. If you want something different just hash it out in IRC.

quote:

Alcoholic
Description: You don't have a drinking problem. You can stop any time you want.

Effect (disadvantage): You're an alcoholic. You will suffer the effects of fatigue (as if performing a forced march) for every twenty-four hours you are required to go without a drink.
Effect (advantage): You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

quote:

Foreign diplomat
Description: You've got the education and pedigree to back up your claims of being a noble, and the houses of Brevoy have taken you at your word about being an official diplomatic liaison from the nation of Cheliax. You clearly have different morals and worldviews than your noble counterparts in Brevoy, but the complex political web of the land has several noble families vying for your favor and the support of Cheliax to further their own interests.

Effect (disadvantage): You aren't actually a foreign diplomat. If you make promises that you aren't able to keep, or create the appearance of keeping, the noble houses of Brevoy are likely to discover your deception. They would not take well to being deceived.
Effect (advantage): For as long as you maintain the illusion of your status as an official representative of Cheliax, you possess diplomatic immunity in regard to the laws of Brevoy.
Effect (other): Cheliax is a complicated place. If you can actually pull off a series of political wins in the Brevoy region on behalf of your homeland, they might retroactively assign you status as a foreign diplomat. If you end up damaging the interests of your homeland while pulling off this deception, however, your homeland is rather likely to react poorly to your actions.

quote:

Blood oath
Description: Cheliax isn't necessarily the best place in world to swear a blood oath while under the influence of alcohol. The pervasiveness of the agents of Asmodeus and the other archdukes of Hell is ...significant, and their favored currency is souls. It's hard to say what oath you swore, though. Maybe it wasn't too bad.

Effect (disadvantage): You've sworn a blood oath, and you don't know to whom, or the specific terms of the agreement. It is rather unwise to sign contracts with devils while under the influence of alcohol.
Effect (advantage): You gain resistance to necrotic damage, as well as radiant damage. It's probably entirely unrelated.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Aurora Velinos, human rogue, alias "Doctor Rory"

Google Docs Sheet

The only daughter of the amicably separated deputy inspector/private detective duo Stefan and Liya Velinos always knew she would be taking over the family business one day, so she immersed herself in it. Working undercover, solving mysteries with forensic science, pursuing and being pursued, kidnaps, rescues, rooftop swordfights, and when all was said and done, making the city back just enough money to undo all the property damage by seizing assets and auctioning off stolen goods... that was the life. Too bad it couldn't last forever. The end had everything to do with fencing, in two senses.

First was the swordy kind of fencing, titled in her journal "Blades Flashing By Lamplight." She went deep undercover to infiltrate an illegal gambling ring run by gang of bravos, trying to find the mastermind --a slaver who was rumored to have a mole in the watch. Dueling was everywhere in her native Restov, of course, but what made this ring so special was the no-holds-barred "parallel" bouts, where animal trainers would fight alongside their beasts. Everyone cheated, nobody cared. It had been that way from the start, when she was just a card player making connections who would even know about the secret ring. Back then and not a moment too soon Rory had found out from some scarface who rasped, "Word to the wise, when anyone makes a toast, just remember you are what you drink." Thieves' Cant for drink your antitoxin before anything else or you're toast. Later on the lesson expanded to always wear goggles, gloves, and a mask to every duel unless you're that curious about the taste of pocket sand, monkey dung, and poison powder. God was it a rush, though, and she'd miss the money...

Second was the black market kind of fencing, titled "Discount Manacles, No Key." Around noon, when she woke up after a hard night's gambling, she put on her "trafficker of stolen goods and livestock" hat. The front was a curio and pet shop, with a few of the unusual, like snakes and spiders. One night, while she was making a pickup from a dead drop that the Watch had tipped her off about, she came upon a curious broken blade, buried a foot under the cache of arms and armor she'd been directed to. Custom stuff, easy to identify, that had been "in storage" for months--even years--until people forgot about them. At that point--now--they'd get dug back up, refurbished, disassembled, or just bartered at a tempting price. The question was who would bother burying a broken sword with a blackened edge, what value could it have? Ever the curious one, Rory weighed it--far heavier than it looked--then cleaned it up to reveal the telltale waves of nigh indestructible adamantine, which could cut through anything, never lost its edge, and could only be sundered by more of itself. A real diamond in the rough! Blacken that blade back up, take it to the ring and she'd be sure to turn some heads when she shattered her opponents weapon. People went crazy for that kinda stuff: a dirty, beaten up underdog busting up a finely made, enchanted, poison-tipped tryhard. No one opted to bet on "wins by disarm" anymore too, since everyone started wearing those goofy locked gauntlets and weapon cords. She was up against a jobber that night, offering to raise the stakes to those in the know might just get her noticed. And if she bet a little on herself, more's the better!

Everything was going off without a hitch: she spread word of her special win condition, got introduced to a masked higher up, and her jobber opponent was even more clowny than she expected: the fighter was sporting double locked gauntlets and double weapon cords on a greatsword, wearing a suit of rusty ringmail, and had this fat, terrified, ancient looking capon for a beast. But despite everything seeming so easy, something was bothering Rory. The voice of that higher up... and the handwriting of that document on his desk... she'd have to think about it after the fight. A promise was made to silence the voices: there would be no drinking or company until it was sussed out.

The ban would still stand today, if she kept it. When Rory severed the gimp's greatsword, it made more than a flashy spark: it set off an explosion of magical fire. Her opponents weapon had been sabotaged in a way that none of the officials or healers caught. By complete dumb luck, only she survived, badly burned where the goggles and mask weren't protecting her. Her pet rooster didn't make it. Her opponent, helmet destroyed, was her mother. She didn't make it. Her pet had changed form to a man beaten within an inch of his life, who she recognized as her father. He didn't make it. She just had to get away before the building burned down.

The whole night had been an elaborate set up, a purge, made possible by that mole. Unable to trust her contacts with the Restov constabulary, she turned to the ones she made with the criminal underworld under false pretenses. The raspy old scarface, Furi, from way back at the card table, answered. She knew how to protect Rory from the heat, and get a little work done in the process: send her on a little vacation in bandit territory, with maps in Cant (all coded landmarks and paces) of where they buried some of their loot. After that, then she could come back and deal with her betrayer... or maybe just start a new life?

tl;dr version: Rory was a double crossed police informant from Restov invited to lie low and take a little vacation by her criminal contacts, who've ironically become the only people she can trust. Her long term goals are to gather strength, then come back prepared for some monte cristo/sherlock holmes/batman revenge on her mysterious betrayer.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Tael

A young, uncommonly young, wood elf Tael is adventurous and head strong. He left his home at a young age and has long longed to explore the unknown, the untamed. He has not actually gone so far as to leave the safer lands entirely, instead he made his way to the pioneer and lived off the land. He has hardened his mind and body for the harsh conditions and dangerous neighbors. And every day he looks off to the untame lands beyond. On occasion he has made short trips out there, but he has not gone far. Yet. He longs for it though, and is just waiting for an excuse.

And now that excuse has come. A call to tame the untamed, to hunt down bandits and make the land safe, and perhaps livable, once more. To keep from having a war on two fronts. The reasons are largely unimportant to Tael. All that matters is he has an excuse to enter those dangerous lands and test himself. And so he rushes to answer the call, to rush into those lands, to prove himself, to test himself, and to explore.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 25, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Loving the drunken wild mage trying to hack it as an accidental diplomat. A+ to whothefuckismydndcharacter.

Waador posted:

...if you want a format to work from I'd recommend posts like this one, or this one, and this one would be good formats to follow.

Really the process I follow for characters I play is basically that as a player I don't want to have to remember everything that was going on prior to my previous post, so I capture all variables that can change in status bars in that post. That includes things like hit points, armor class, spell slots used and unused, spells prepared, consumable items, and so on. It makes it easier to just quote my previous post as my starting point, read what has happened since that post, and update accordingly if I've taken damage, need to use a spell slot as a reaction, or whatever.

Perfect, thanks! Somehow didn't make the connection that Zeshoon was you (I've been lurking that one for a while). I pared way down on the content and stole most of your formatting.

Feeling more comfortable with the system thanks to the kindly folks on IRC. Still have some questions (mostly about "minor illusion", ever since I brainstormed about 50 harebrained uses I am committed to trying to pull off), but I figure they're mostly things that can wait until it actually comes up.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Forever_Peace posted:

Loving the drunken wild mage trying to hack it as an accidental diplomat. A+ to whothefuckismydndcharacter.

Perfect, thanks! Somehow didn't make the connection that Zeshoon was you (I've been lurking that one for a while). I pared way down on the content and stole most of your formatting.

Feeling more comfortable with the system thanks to the kindly folks on IRC. Still have some questions (mostly about "minor illusion", ever since I brainstormed about 50 harebrained uses I am committed to trying to pull off), but I figure they're mostly things that can wait until it actually comes up.

As an avid enthusiast of minor illusion and silent image I rather suspect all the uses you have come up with are valid.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
A barrel (empty) costs 2gp and weighs 70 lbs. based on page 150 of the PHB. According to page 153, it can hold up to 40 gallons of liquid.

Assuming water and wine have similar densities, water weighs a little over eight pounds per gallon (a figure I am rather familiar with having used many decanters of endless water), and you've got an additional wine weight of 160 pounds if it is half-full (i.e., 20 gallons of wine). If you assume 1 pitcher = 1 gallon, which might be the case, your 31 pitchers amounts to 248 lbs. of wine.

A human being needs approximately half a gallon of water per day. Assuming you get all your water needs from wine, this would be enough wine for approximately two months.

Waador fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 24, 2015

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013

Waador posted:

winechat

Cool, thanks. I'll get to editing the character sheet.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Edited up my starting gear, my little 39lb gnome is packing 500lbs of gear now :v: ready to trade it on out like the little merchant he was raised up as.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I discovered that the goliath alphabet only has 13 letters, so I renamed my character. I also expanded his backstory and changed a few things, hopefully for the better.

I also discovered that a lot of word combinations for goliath nicknames already exist as World of Warcraft characters.

Thealath Stormfury Oku-Umgaleth
Character Sheet
Race: Goliath
Class: Sorcerer
Height: 7'7''
Weight: 295 lbs
Alignment: Neutral

STR: 10
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 12
CHA: 15

quote:

The Icerime Peaks are home to several tribes of goliaths, but the largest and most powerful was the Kulav'em clan. A beneficial trading partnership with the Medvyeds of Stoneclimb had given them riches; an unparalleled hunting ability had given them health, and their prowess on the battlefield had given them respect.

After one particularly harsh winter, it became clear that Lavoatha Sparrowcaller Kanathaagol, the clan's longtime Skywatcher, was becoming too old to perform her duties, and as per goliath custom she was asked to leave the tribe. The Lamenter's dirge echoed through the mountains as Sparrowcaller gave one last smile, turned her back on the assembled goliaths, and walked out into the wilderness, never to be seen again. This put the clan in an unusual position; a new Skywatcher would have be named, but the only other goliaths with druidic powers had perished during the months prior. Seeking an alternative, the chieftan turned to a young goliath who had begun to practice channeling the magic of storms, Thealath Stormfury Oku-Umgaleth. Although it was unusual to entrust a sorcerer with the important job of Skywatcher, the clan wasn't concerned.

Thealath was proud of being selected, but he quickly found himself overwhelmed. He enjoyed scouting, but mastery of the rituals eluded him. By coincidence - surely it had to be coincidence! - the hunting parties began to return with fewer elk; the foragers were finding less fruit than they had the previous season. People began to whisper that the chieftan had erred in selecting Thealath. Thealath hated those accusations. It wasn't fair to compare him to Sparrowcaller! She had been Skywatcher for decades; how could he be expected to fill her shoes so quickly?

One rainy morning the captains were choosing their teams for the day. Thealath was used to being able to work on his own, but this day he decided he was going to prove to the tribe how valuable he was.

"I'll join the hunters today," he said. The captains were surprised; not only was it unusual for the Skywatch to hunt, but Thealath was not known for his competency with a bow. Nevertheless, eight goliaths headed out alongside Thealath. He would regret his decision to join for the rest of his life.

The elk should have never stood a chance. Thealath channeled his frustration into the air and launched a bolt at his target. Unfortunately, a thunderclap startled the animal and his missile went wide. The other goliaths began to laugh. The more his rage built, the more they laughed. Before he knew it a fight had started, and after failing to injure his clanmates with his fist, he channeled another burst of lightning.

Only seven goliaths returned to camp with Thealath.

He expected to be stripped of his title, but he was blindsided when the chieftan declared him a curse on the clan and ordered him banished. The entire tribe gathered to watch his humiliation as he left. The Lamenter was silent; he was denied even the dignity of a dirge.

Despite his guilt, he was in no hurry to die alone on the mountain. He descended to the downlands, vowing to find a new life far away. When he made his way to Restov, he learned of an expedition to the Stolen Lands. Seeing this as a chance to reclaim a sense of purpose and show others his ability to serve on a team, he signed up immediately.

Personality Trait: I am always polite until somebody questions my competence.
Ideal: Community. If you do your best to support those around you, they should do their best to support you.
Bond: Someday I hope to return to my clan and atone for my crime.
Flaw: I have anger issues due to having a superiority complex and an inferiority complex at the same time.

Haschel Cedricson fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 28, 2015

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
I just realized I should probably mention that I will be in Spain next week, from Sunday 28th to Sunday 5th of July. There should be an internet connection on location so I'll be able to check the thread and post in the mornings and evenings at least, but I thought I should mention it so I don't blindside you if I make it into the game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The fluff and such is still a work in process but here is the basis of my wood elf light domain cleric.

Name: Jorvan
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Cleric
Weight: 150
Alignment: Neutral Good
Ability Scores:
STR: 10 (-)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (-)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 8 (-1)

Pointbuy: nine points for 15, fourteen points for two 14's, four points for two 10's

HP: 10
AC: 16 (Medium-Scale Mail)
Speed: 35ft
Initiative: +3
Saving throw proficiencies: Wis, Cha, Con (campaign trait)
Skill Proficiencies: History, Insight, Medicine, Religion, Perception (racial)
Tool Proficiencies:
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Goblin
Sight: Darkvision 60'
Background: Acolyte
Feature: Shelter of the Faithful

Personality Traits: I am tolerant of other faiths and respect the worship of other gods.
Ideal: Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my god’s favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings.
Bond: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.
Campaign Trait: Rostlander, proficiency in CON saves

Inventory
Money: (200 starting gp, 15gp background) 49.5gp
Inventory:
Cleric inventory= Mace, scale mail, shortsword, explorers backpack.
Acolyte Background inventory= A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer book, 5 sticks o f incense, vestments, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp
Additional items= Elven Longbow (50gp), Quiver and 40 arrows (3gp)

Cantrips: Guidance, Light (Domain), Resistance, Sacred Flame
1st Level (two casts, four prepared plus two domain spells): Burning Hands (Domain), Faerie Fire (Domain), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Bless, Detect Magic (Ritual)

Jorvan was always the pragmatic sort. It lead him to long periods of study and worship. One could not be too careful in life however long it was. Desna had seen fit to gift him with his holy gifts and it was a calling that Jorvan answered. It was with less enthusiasm that he left the monastery once he was picked to bring the light of his order's teachings to the great wilds of the Stolen Lands. Still it was an order he could not refuse. And gifted with the powers of light and a sturdy longbow he was not ill equipped to make the journey.

I'm letting the character grow organically right now as it comes together in my head hence the short bio.

Changed god and alignment after doing some reading.

Seems Selune = Desna in Pathfinder lore so why not!

Trast fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 28, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
I will make picks on Tuesday evening with regard to the players selected. I am currently thinking there will be six people, with a mix of about three casting men and three fighting men. I am trying to make selections such that nobody steps on each other's toes, so don't expect three sorcerers to get in. I might also do a quick check to ensure there's a reasonable spread of skill proficiency, but that is hardly going to be a determining factor.

A quick question for people - for those who don't get in as players, are you interested in remaining involved anyway? This would have two pieces to it:
- People are welcome to guest post as NPC's at Oleg's Trading Post (the ostensible outpost of civilization in Chapter 1).
- As the game progresses, there is a planned nation-building component, where the party plays a role in establishing civilization in the wild. I would like to turn this into a separate thread, and will probably open it up to whoever wants to post in whatever capacity they want. Essentially the party will have official roles in the kingdom, and other people can post in the guise of city councilors, foreign diplomats, or whatever else you think is funny or interesting. It won't have any combat (i.e., no mechanical attacking of the players or whatever), but if a bunch of people rally their leaders to do a particular thing they might have to concede. Mostly, I'm happy to outsource the political landscape of the game into a screaming match between thirty posters and the party having to deal with things like the unicorn-politician who demands more fire trucks and funding for police services for Ward 17.

Haven't really figured out how that will look but I think it'd be funny, so if people are interested in doing it I wouldn't mind mapping that out.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Waador posted:

- People are welcome to guest post as NPC's at Oleg's Trading Post (the ostensible outpost of civilization in Chapter 1).
- As the game progresses, there is a planned nation-building component, where the party plays a role in establishing civilization in the wild. I would like to turn this into a separate thread, and will probably open it up to whoever wants to post in whatever capacity they want. Essentially the party will have official roles in the kingdom, and other people can post in the guise of city councilors, foreign diplomats, or whatever else you think is funny or interesting. It won't have any combat (i.e., no mechanical attacking of the players or whatever), but if a bunch of people rally their leaders to do a particular thing they might have to concede. Mostly, I'm happy to outsource the political landscape of the game into a screaming match between thirty posters and the party having to deal with things like the unicorn-politician who demands more fire trucks and funding for police services for Ward 17.

Haven't really figured out how that will look but I think it'd be funny, so if people are interested in doing it I wouldn't mind mapping that out.

You won't regret this!

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

slydingdoor posted:

You won't regret this!

This is a large part about why it will be in a separate thread, probably linked as a 'Meanwhile, at Oleg's...' at the bottom of my posts in the game thread. I fully expect the party to come back from a quest to find the place burned to the ground and someone eating the flesh of Oleg's unborn child, but that's honestly part of the charm of it for me.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
That sounds like a great idea. Unlike my barbarian prince. I ended up dropping the Noble Background for Folk Hero, I'm still driven to build a stronghold, lol.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Teonis posted:

That sounds like a great idea. Unlike my barbarian prince. I ended up dropping the Noble Background for Folk Hero, I'm still driven to build a stronghold, lol.

Do you have a sheet for that dude as of yet? I think I just saw the character concept post.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Waador posted:

Do you have a sheet for that dude as of yet? I think I just saw the character concept post.

Not finalized, but I can post what I have.

Character Sheet (draft)
I'm pretty sure I'm good now, I also linked to it on my original post, where mt portrait and backstory is. Backstory needs to be reworked.

Teonis fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 25, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
As I start to warm up for this game, allow me to post a brief introduction, based on what your characters know about your first destination.

A brief interlude
Oleg's Trading Post is a small outpost on the border of the wilderness and untamed wilds of the Greenbelt, run by Oleg Romanov Leveton and his wife Svetlana Leveton. It is located at the top of a hill, and the surrounding area is meticulously landscaped.

[If you are proficient in History...]
You are well aware that it is an old army post that was, once upon a time, overtaken by trolls that emerged from the swamps to the south. When the trolls disappeared to places unknown, Oleg moved in and took over the building with the help of a contingent of soldiers who assisted him in rebuilding and cleaning the location. The soldiers, however, were called back to Brevoy after getting the place set up: this was about a year ago.

[If your character has visited the trading post before (at your option)...]
You know that Oleg Leveton is a middle-aged human, and the proprietor of the trading post. He is 31 years old, and recently immigrated to Brevoy, having only arrived on its shores about a year and a half ago. He is very focused on building a life for himself in this land of wonder and plenty called Brevoy, and his sights are set for the top. Mansions in New Stetven, penthouses in Skywatch, and models on each arm! He is also very interested in earning enough money to sponsor other members of his family for immigration to Brevoy, as he has several cousins in 'the Old Country' that he longs to see once more.

You would also know that Oleg feels as if he makes fast friends with anyone he meets, even when that isn't necessarily reciprocated. His shotgun method approach to friendship often leaves people feeling as if Oleg doesn't have a very good sense of gauging how close he actually is with people, since certain things should only be said or shared between close friends. Perhaps things were different in the Old Country for Oleg, however?

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
I'd definitely be interested in being involved even if I don't get into the game proper. I'd love to have Ajax stirring up trouble in the alternative thread, advocating for diabolism and deploring the state of the kingdom's alcohol reserves.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Yeah I'll lurk the NPC thread if I don't get in, and post if I think of anything to add; I'm also around on IRC a bit, as you know.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Taking the plunge and applying, because you always need a second drunk caster.

Name: Daimon
Race:Human (variant)
Class:Warlock (Great Old One)
Background: Acolyte
Campaign trait: Bastard
Concept: Cultist on the run

Background
Bastard son of some minor nobility Daimon was given away as a baby and brought up in a Qlippothic (iirc those are Golarion's far-realmesque nasties) cult. All the omens pointed to him being the next big thing in the cult - opener of gates and all that malarkey - and that's probably what would have happened if he hadn't become friends and later fallen in love with an acolyte of Desna. There's no happy ending - the cult leaders found out and Daimon was forced to sacrifice his friend to complete his initiation and finalise the pacts binding him to the service of the Qlippoth. Looking for an oppurtunity to escape he signed up with the expedition to map the stolen lands (the cult thinks he's going to uncover lost secrets) with the intention of making contact with fey powers and bargaining for protection.

Str 10
Dex 14 +2
Con 12 +1
Int 14 +2
Wis 8 -1
Cha 16 +3

Proficiency: +2
Spell save: 13
HP: 9
AC: 13
Alignment: CN
- Bond: Alric forgave me, and I will do my best to honour him
- Ideal: I may never be free, but others should be
- Flaw: I'm always looking for ways to make the nightmares stop. Strong drink works quite well.

Proficiencies
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple
Skills: Arcana (+4), Religion (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+5), Deception (+5)
Saves: *Wisdom (+3), Charisma (+5)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Abyssal, Infernal
Feats
War caster

Casting
Cantrips: Frost bite, True Strike
Spells (1 @1) : Dissonant whispers, Armor of Agathys
Features
Awakened mind
Shelter of the Faithful

Equipment
Light crossbow (+4, 1d8+2), 20 bolts, scholar's pack, leather armor, three daggers (+4, 1d4+2), arcane focus (a kris), holy symbol of Desna, prayer book , vestments, common clothes, 15gp, signet ring with family crest on it

----------

A different (and lighter) option I have pottering around is an upper class twit of a sword scion or noble knight. Also utterly unprepared for the wilderness. "I say, there's bugs out here." "Jeeves, prepare the tent." "Bandits? How quaint. I don't suppose you'd consider surrendering, would you chaps?" "My hovercart is full of eels." (and so on)

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 28, 2015

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
As a heads up, I've fully completed my background in my original post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726868#post446893888

Let me know if you'd like me to write out my character sheet.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Anya Medvyed

"Endurance Overcomes All." The motto hadn't meant much to her as a child - just a phrase, something to set her noble family apart from the peasants. As one of the noble-born in Brevoy, Anya was meant to have a predictable life: raised in comfort, tutored by the finest minds, married to another noble house. She was never supposed to learn the true meaning of her family motto.

All that changed when the fey took her.

Witnesses saw the girl of six playing, a garland of flowers in her hair, entering the ring of mushrooms on a hilltop at high summer. When her mother went to fetch her, nothing filled the circle but freshly-picked lilacs, their scent lingering in the air, her last giggle a fading echo. The superstitious servants of the Medvyeds knew what that it meant: Anya was gone from this realm.

The youngest daughter of the house was presumed lost forever. But someone came back, in the very same spot, exactly a year later. Servants from her house were waiting, in case the tales were true. But the girl that came back was quite different. She was only gone a year, but had aged a dozen. Anya went from being one of the youngest siblings of her line, to one of the eldest. And yet there was no mistaking that it was really her, back after a year, changed so much.

And where had she gone? What had she done? Anya couldn't quite remember, as if a fog clouded her mind. Her youth was a blur. She remembered a place of trees and flowers, she remembered songs in a language not her own. And there was the mark, in flowing script across her back, arching from one shoulder to the other. None in her family knew what it said, but she could read the tattoo.

"Endurance Overcomes All"

Her family wasn't quite sure what to do with her. The girl they knew was gone, and the woman that returned preferred archery to childish games. And so the original plan, the plan for any girl of her age was set into motion. She would become Anya Surtova, wedding another house. But Anya had disappeared again by morning. She had too many unanswered questions. Her family could wait.

Anya found help among the common folk she once disdained. They treated her with near-reverence, the fey-child returned, a gift from the faeries. From one house to another she was smuggled until she had reached the Stolen Lands. Here her family could not easily reach, and here she could try to uncover the mysteries of her life. She only had to endure.

pre:
Anya Medvyed
Human (variant) fighter, level 1

Str 8  Con 16  Dex 16
Int 8  Wis 14  Cha 10

Hit Points: 13
AC: 15
Saves: str (+1), con (+5)

Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Folk Hero
Campaign Trait: Noble-Born (House Medvyed)
Feats: Sharpshooter
Languages: Common, Sylvan
Skills: Stealth, Animal Handling, Survival, Perception, Insight, Tools(cooking)

Traits, Ideal, Bond and Flaw: Anya has a strong sense of right and wrong, and would 
rather settle arguments than fight. She believes her life has some great destiny, 
tied to her past, and it can blind her actions in the present. The orb she carries was an
expensive gift from her father, a reminder of home to which she will eventually return. 

Features: Second Wind, Archery Style,
Advantage on Persuasion vs fey
Advantage on Wisdom saves vs fey
Sheltered by commoners (Rustic Hospitality)

Equipment: studded leather armor, heavy crossbow,
explorer's pack, rapier, artisan tools (cook's utensils)
trinket(in a wood box, wrapped in soft towels): a glass orb filled with water,
in which swims a clockwork goldfish
Money: 80gp

ritorix fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 29, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Let the games begin! ...in a few days, though.
Given the number of applicants, it has been a bit difficult to choose which mix of players to proceed with. I actually had tentatively settled on a group earlier this week, only for a few last-minute submissions to upset the balance. In order to avoid having to rethink my plans again, I figured I'd put pen to paper on the players before anyone else submits an application and pulls another piece out of this jenga tower of roleplaying. I know this is a few days ahead of schedule, and I apologize if that breaks anyone's heart, but it's for the best. As well, please note that I have tried to strike a balance between people I have played with before, and new players: as it stands that is 50/50. I would have liked to include the other dudes I've played with before, but I don't want to accidentally create some elitist group, so here we are.

As a result, the team will be comprised of...
Durnem Hapford, the human.
Jorvan Jozan, a wood elf.
Jergo Macklen, the forest gnome.
Gorom Grofhorm, the half-orc.
Autumn Somerset, the other wood elf.
Daimon Waiyons, the other human.

There are a few interesting things about your characters, which you may not have noticed if you haven't read submissions other than your own. (Please don't change the fluff and backstory that supports this without letting me know, as it is now being worked into things.)

Hidden Bond #1 posted:

In order to seal the vile pact that has granted him his abilities as a warlock, Daimon Waiyons was forced by a demonic cult (of which he is secretly a member) to sacrifice his first love as an offering: an acolyte of Desna. This incident has traumatized him, and he now seeks to escape from the clutches of the cult and its vile machinations ...but can anyone truly be forgiven for such a crime? Perhaps it is the guiding hand of fate that has paired him in this exploration into the Stolen Lands with Jorvan Jozan, a prominent cleric of Desna. That said, it might also be a cruel joke played on him by the very demonic influences he seeks to escape. There's no way to know for sure.

Hidden Bond #2 posted:

Autumn Somerset is terrified of orcs. Or, possibly, just orc-racist. Gorom Grofhorm is a half-orc. Will the two find common ground in the untamed wild of the Stolen Lands? Or, perhaps ...love?

Hidden Bond #3 posted:

Jergo Macklen and Jorvan Jozan are both Rostlanders, hailing from the dense forests and rolling hills that comprise southern Brevoy. Will their shared sensibilities and cultural values bind them together, despite the differences in their training, ethics, and, well ...height? Or is that too tall an order to hope for?

Hidden Bond #4 posted:

Several members of the group are borderline alcoholics. This one probably won't stay a secret for very long.

Hidden Bond and Discovery background trait posted:

Autumn Somerset retreated to a life of hermitage and seclusion after a traumatic event in her youth. In the intervening years, she has spent a great deal of time along the border of the Stolen Lands, and as a result has come into contact with more than a few of its fey-blooded denizens: the most notable of which was a blind unicorn who tended to her wounds for three days and nights after a particularly unpleasant encounter with a rabid wolf. In an effort to keep Autumn conscious so that she could properly recover from her wounds, the two conversed in the Elven tongue on many subjects during that time, and the unicorn shared a secret with Autumn that has been long forgotten in the chronicles of Brevoy: the Stolen Lands were once a bountiful place blessed by Erastil, god of the hunt. Things took a turn for the worse when a cult acting in the name of Gyronna, goddess of madness, moved into the area millennia ago. The cult erected a temple to their foul deity somewhere along the banks of Tuskwater Lake, where they intended to conduct a ritual that could very well have ended the world.

A group of heroes stopped the rite before it could be completed, but its effects were still felt throughout the region, and many creatures succumbed to its effects before it was ended. These malevolent energies of madness, hate, and spite still dwell in the area, and play a role in corrupting the hearts and minds of those of weak moral fortitude who inhabit it. The unicorn believes that the effects of the ritual could somehow be undone, if only the tablets of prophecy used by the cult could be recovered. During the climactic battle between the heroes and the cult, they were cast into the depths of Tuskwater Lake, however. As this area is beyond the limits of what constitutes the unicorn's enchanted forest, she was never able to recover them herself. And as it has been several millennia, finding them at the bottom of the lake could be a task that takes months, or even years, assuming they have even survived the passage of time.

Although the other members of the group are unaware of this history, this regional malevolence is the same force that the modern-day cult to which Daimon Waiyons belongs wishes to use as a battery to power their opening of a gate to the demonic realms: although they do not know the story behind this power or its true source, they are adept enough to know a diamond in the rough when they see one. In contrast, Jergo Macklen doesn't give a gently caress about prophecies.
The game will still start on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, as between now and then I won't have time to give it the attention necessary for a strong start. Between now and then, now that you know who is actually playing, please feel free to make any last minute changes to your characters, or to align your various choices to function as a team as necessary. I apologize to those folks who didn't get in: I really liked all of the submissions (and some of the concepts that never turned into character sheets), but I'd be doing everyone a disservice if I did the typical thing and just let everybody in. Please stay tuned for opportunities to join if anyone drops, or when the option to become an NPC in the in-game politics thread becomes a component of the adventure. Folks are welcome to hang out in the IRC channel and bullshit with the party if they want, as well.

Also, the campaign log is now available. If someone could double-check that everything on there is accurate, that would be magical. I populated it today so it should capture all but the most recent edits, but I might have missed something. Also, finally, for people who posted applications without last names: I have assigned last names for my own amusement. I apologize, but that's what you get for breaking my verisimilitude.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Congratulations crew! I look forward to working with you! :smugwizard:

Necromancy Ho! :skeltal:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Yours in nature-relatedness,

Waador posted:

Autumn Somerset, the other wood elf. Druid Ranger Rogue "Scout"

:tipshat:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Thanks for letting me join, looking forwards to it :)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this. Glad to see Jergo and Jorvan make it as well.

Since we have a cleric (edit: two Clerics once Autumn starts leveling) would the party mind if I drop healing word for silent image so I can get right to the fun stuff?

The plan would be to pick up healing word (along with the song of rest skill) at level 2 to help keep folks alive as a bonus action here and there. I'll hand out bard dice like candy in the meantime.

edit: I should mention that I don't plan to hide the identity of Clive from the players, just to make narration easier and more fun.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 29, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Do bards get to swop spells as they level? If so it might be tactically sound to wait until the second cleric is activated before swopping it out.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

I'm less a healing cleric and more a blasting cleric. I'm sure I'll heal someone if they drop to the dirt. Well probably sure. :v:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Do bards get to swap spells as they level? If so it might be tactically sound to wait until the second cleric is activated before swapping it out.

Yeah that makes sense. I get to swap 1 spell per level-up, and get an additional known spell at level 2 anyways. I'll stick to healing word for now, then at 2nd I'll swap it out for Silent Image and pick up Unseen Servant for maximum antics.

In the meantime, there's always Minor Illusion.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Looks like I left my campaign trait off my character sheet. Gorom is a Pioneer, I took expertise in handle animal since I believed no one else would. I also took the riding horse because I saw someone else took the wagon. Also, gorom's Age is 17, which is insanely young, but he is an orc.

edit: holy crap, I can see you editing the spreadsheet live!

Teonis fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 29, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Familiar:
Britzke the Bat
AC: 12
HP: 1
Speed 5', flying 30'
Str 2(-4)
Dex 15 (+2)
Con 8 (-1)
Int 2 (-4)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 4(-3)

Senses: Blindsight 60', passive perception 11, Telepathy 100' with Jergo.
Echolocation: Cannot use blindsight while deafened
Keen hearing: Advantage on perception checks that rely on hearing.

Magic Items:

Undead Statblocks

Skeleton
Type: Medium undead, Lawful evil.
Armor Class: 13 default but is based on armor type worn.
Hit Points: 13(2d8+4)+ Jergo's Wizard Level
Speed: 30 ft.

Str: 10(+0) Dex: 14(+2) Con: 15(+2) Int: 6(-2) Wis: 8(-1) Cha: 5(-3)

Damage Vulnerabilities: Bludgeoning
Damage Immunities: Poison
Condition Immunities: Exhaustion, poisoned
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. Passive Perception 9
Languages: Understands all languages it knew in life but can't speak
Challenge: 1/4(50xp)

Actions: Weapon attacks +4 to hit and +2+(Jergo's Proficiency Bonus)to damage

Zombie
Type: Medium undead, Neutral evil.
Armor Class: 8 (Doesn't assume armor, but I see no reason why I couldn't strap them in leather gear to improve this somewhat)
Hit Points: 22(3d8+9)+ Jergo's Wizard Level
Speed: 20 ft.

Str: 13(+1) Dex: 6(-2) Con: 16(+3) Int: 3(-4) Wis: 6(-2) Cha: 5(-3)

Saving Throws: Wis +0
Damage Immunities: Poison
Condition Immunities: Poisoned
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. Passive Perception 8
Languages: Understands all languages it knew in life but can't speak
Challenge: 1/4(50xp)

Undead Fortitude: If damage reduces the zombie to 0 hitpoints, it must make a constitution saving throw with a DC of 5+ the damage taken, unless the damage is radiant or from a critical hit. On a success, the zombie drops to 1 hit point instead.

Actions: Melee Slam: +3 to hit one target d6+1+(Jergo's Proficiency bonus) bludgeoning.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 1, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Not a bad idea.

Clive Wearling

Summary, Character Sheet
10/10 HP, 14 AC

Clive takes a sidelong glance at the hole that Jergo just excavated. It appears to be a grave.

I can work with that

pre:
Cast: minor illusion, covering the pit with a seamless layer of sod.
--------------------------------------------------------
Limited: bolts (20/20), Hero pts (5/5) , Bardic Inspiration (3/3, 1d6), Hit Dice (1/1, 1d8)
Spells (13 DC): 1st (2/2).
status effects: none
(currently under the alias of Durnem the surveyor)

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Game thread is up, here. Go nuts.
Please be advised that, unlike in POTA and Adventure League modules, you don't get free faction resurrections.
It's up to the free market to raise you. God bless the Stolen Lands.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset
AC: 13 | HP: 9/9
Healer's Kit: 10/10 | Arrows: 20/20

Test post. Eh, looks kinda bland, but ~level 1 Rogue~ I guess.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jorvan Jozan
[HP: 10/10] [AC: 16]
[Hit Dice: 1d8] [Hit Dice Used 0/1]

Template testing.

Ammo: 40 Arrows
Prepared Spells: Four prepared (Wis mod + Level) plus two domain
Lvl. 1 [0/2 cast]: Burning Hands (Domain), Faerie Fire (Domain), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Bless, Detect Magic (Ritual)

Switched some things around.

Jorvan Jozan
[HP: 10/10] [AC: 16]
[Hit Dice: 1d8] [Hit Dice Left 1/1]

Text Here.

Ammo: 40/40 Arrows
Prepared Spells: Four prepared (Wis mod + Level) plus two domain
Lvl. 1 [2/2]: Burning Hands (Domain), Faerie Fire (Domain), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Bless, Detect Magic (Ritual)

Trast fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 30, 2015

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
You guys have been busy in one night... I've got a little catching up to do, apparently. As a heads up, tomorrow is my wife's birthday, so I will very likely not be able to log in tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Teonis posted:

You guys have been busy in one night... I've got a little catching up to do, apparently. As a heads up, tomorrow is my wife's birthday, so I will very likely not be able to log in tomorrow.

I sometimes get a chance to post at work while I am on hold with tech support. As long as you get in some sort of post a day you are ahead of the curve for most PHP games!

• Locked thread