Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is Chris Resop still playing?

e: aw nuts, he is a real estate agent now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is Chris Resop still playing?

e: aw nuts, he is a real estate agent now.

I wonder if he grabs his nuts every time he closes on a property.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don Kelly played two games this year, he's eligible :cool:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

JoeRules posted:

Just so I'm not the only one who votes for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rStdh9SyQ

Good god, Mune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Di2_EM3zCg

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
My list makes my Cardinals bias painfully evident.

Reminder that even if he's been sent to AAA Joe Kelly played on a 25-man roster this year and is everyone's favorite lovable goofball.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

josh donaldson gently caress you suck my cock gif

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 30, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sent in my terrible picks, although my #1 is great.

I love doubles. I love slow guy doubles, but not necessarily as slow as Bartolo.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
First of all...who don't you love? From 39 ballots cast,

MLB's best ERA without receiving a single vote: 2.15

what must I do for your love

MLB's best batting average without receiving a single vote: .354 (leads MLB)

not one soul cared for me

I have also mashed 20 taters to no avail :'(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Goldschmidt is having an insane season but I just have Arizona Diamondback blinders because of that front office/ownership group

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. I think it's safe to say Goldy would be a huge favorite if he played for almost any other team. I even know exactly how good he is because of him anchoring my fantasy team, but he's not quirky enough or mashy enough to overcome the DBacks connection.

I'm guessing DeGrom suffers from the vote splitting of being on a team with too many other noteworthy young arms.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
who's Paul Goldschmidt?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Poque posted:

who's Paul Goldschmidt?

A man who makes me very, very scared.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Xenophon posted:

MLB's best ERA without receiving a single vote: 2.15

Huh, I just realized I don't think I had a single pitcher and I don't know why. I can think of a few I really like.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah. I think it's safe to say Goldy would be a huge favorite if he played for almost any other team. I even know exactly how good he is because of him anchoring my fantasy team, but he's not quirky enough or mashy enough to overcome the DBacks connection.
I think a lack of an interesting personality really hurt him. Like, when I think "Paul Goldschmidt," he's just this guy, you know?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Xenophon posted:

I think a lack of an interesting personality really hurt him. Like, when I think "Paul Goldschmidt," he's just this guy, you know?

He has a weird batting stance. I give him that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I can't even explain how excited I am to see the list

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Not gonna lie, I pretty much forget Goldschmidt exists unless I'm actually watching the DBacks

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diamondbacks might be my least favorite organization in baseball which kills me because I grew up in AZ.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Diamondbacks might be my least favorite organization in baseball which kills me because I grew up in AZ.

They were actually becoming likeable until that Toussaint trade. They got something for Trumbo, dumped Cahill off on the Braves, and actually acquired a catcher.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
#23 (5-way tie), 23 pts.: Chabartrandyoto Colutfortodes

AKA:

Brandon Crawford
Team: San Francisco Giants
Position: Shortstop
#1 votes: 1
#2 votes: 0
#3 votes: 1

What's to love? A devilishly handsome shortstop who hits postseason grand slams? What's not to love?

Chase Utley
Team: Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, In a Just World
Position: Second Base
#1 votes: 0
#2 votes: 1
#3 votes: 0

What's to love? SAS still remembers the good days, when the grass was a little greener, the sky a little bluer, and the Utley hitting better than .179.

Yoenis Cespedes
Team: Detroit Tigers
Position: Outfield
#2 votes: 1
#3 votes: 0

What's to love? Even if CORE POWER got a little played out back in the day, there's something to be said for a guy who makes throws like that and cranks his fair share of dingers.

Joey Votto
Team: Cincinnati Reds
Position: First Base

What's to love? Nothing, because this lazy, selfish player just takes walk after walk and absolutely refuses to pop up.

Bartolo Colon
Team: New York Mets
Position: Pitcher

What's to love? He's old, he's horribly out of shape, he's been caught using PEDs, and he's still putting up some drat fine numbers. As well as providing us with constant doses of .gif hilarity and NY Post covers.

n.b. along the way I will also be posting various other tidbits, such as "players who received only one vote" and whatnot

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 1, 2015

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How many total ballots did you receive compared to sheep game?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Only 39, but these things do vary a lot. The last sheep game was between 60 and 70, but the first or second baseball sheep had something ridiculous like 130+.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Already awesome. Votto and Colon were on my short list but didn't make it in. 23 points for the first entry seems high though! Probably means that my desperate attempt to get one of my favorites in by putting him second is gonna fall short.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mods please change my name to Chabartrandyoto Colutfortodes

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Was I literally the only person who had Brandon Crawford as #1? I don't know any of you people :colbert:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Was I literally the only person who had Brandon Crawford as #1? I don't know any of you people :colbert:
Shockingly, non-Giants fans aren't that big on Giants players these days. Crazy, I know.

Presumably other SF fans chose Posey/Pence/Bumgarner for #1 over Crawford.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Posting the highest-AVG player without a vote make me wish I put Jose Iglesias on my list. I did put Votto at 5 though :canada:

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
It was me, I put Votto at #3! Bless his heart.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't believe you crazy people voted for Showboat Joey Votto with his cocky walks. You can't grittily dive head first into first if you're prancing your way their like a show pony after seeing 8 pitches, what a chump.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Poque posted:

Probably means that my desperate attempt to get one of my favorites in by putting him second is gonna fall short.

Sorry, Poque, I didn't put Miggy Montero on my list.:cripes:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sorry, Poque, I didn't put Miggy Montero on my list.:cripes:

He'll end up with 9 points as an also-ran, no big deal!

:mad: it's all your fault :mad:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8rHNb5pdH4

^^^Still my favorite Brandon Crawford thing. More because it's funny rather than the trick plays being that amazing. He really does have great hands though. Some of the barehand plays he makes (like in that gif) are incredible.

Wonder if my other favorite SS will make the list. He hasn't got hurt yet this year so maybe.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I left Craw off to not put 4 Giants on my ballot.

Ssory Brandon.

bawfuls posted:

Shockingly, non-Giants fans aren't that big on Giants players these days. Crazy, I know.

At least their teammates like them :wink:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Spoeank posted:

I left Craw off to not put 4 Giants on my ballot.

Pretty sure my ballot was something like 50% Giants, 20% Former A's because it's your favorite players and IDGAF.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can't believe you crazy people voted for Showboat Joey Votto with his cocky walks. You can't grittily dive head first into first if you're prancing your way their like a show pony after seeing 8 pitches, what a chump.

He's so dreamy in his aloofness.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
#22, 24 pts.: Adam Wainwright

Team: St. Louis Satandealers
Position: Pitcher
#1 votes: 1

What's to love? As a rookie relief pitcher in 2006, Wainwright crushed a home run on the first pitch he saw. Later that year, he closed out the Cardinals' World Series win over the Tigers. Starting in 2007 he moved into the rotation, where he has amassed strikeouts and a career ERA just below 3. In the 2014 All-Star Game, he famously grooved a pitch to Jeter to help him cement his legacy as The Captain, for which everyone is very grateful. Also, the man has a sense of humor and can dance.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

good choice

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
This is a chart of the number of players, broken up by team, that received at least one vote. So, e.g., 3 players from Baltimore received votes but 9 players from Boston received votes. N.b. this says nothing about how many votes were cast for any given player and nothing at all about the points (I'll do those later on down the line). It probably says something about the people who voted - what teams they are fans of and how wide a selection of hometown heroes they picked.

also I made it big because of Arizona, Atlanta, and Cleveland

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 2, 2015

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Yankees got too many votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ice To Meet You posted:

The Yankees got too many votes

A-Rod should have been on every ballot and a Yankee fan probably put another Yankee or two on their own ballot.

• Locked thread