Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

quote:

: Bitch, you best not be talking poo poo about my pickles. I will fight you.

Perhaps the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright game inspired them to continue in this direction. Its interesting to say the least. At least them arguing about food gives them some nice character development. Shame its hidden behind the hint system. (But that's what we have you for, yes?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'd.. normally say the wife, but hell, both alibis are suspicious. Maybe both of them are in on it? (Perhaps the wife the one doing the actual stabbing)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

God the silly names. I love it. Guess my gut on the wife was on point at least.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Sheesh Lucy. Throwing down insults.

I like to think Mr. Layton doesn't reprimand her for her enthusiasm because it complements his own calm nature well. Taking an apprentice wouldn't be too useful if they didn't bring anything to the table, so to speak.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

It's a very charming game but so far I'm rather disappointed by them going for the really obvious solutions. Well, the clock aside.

It is the first two cases of the game, I'm sure we'll reach phoenix wright levels of convoluted soon enough

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

He seems rather empathetic for the thrill of the kill there. Personal experience there, Alfendi?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

How exciting. I always loved the phoenix wright games, and this follows a somewhat similar dialogue style. Investigations are just as interesting.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

"Oh no it's just his weird sense of humor! By the way if he starts admitting to people he's killed, tell me secretly, mmk? But don't worry! He's such a joker!"

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The method of murder is going to be really stupid and convoluted, isn't it?

Also calling it now, the axe was a trap set up in some stupid way using the nick in the beams for ropes.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Actually, Matteus' explanation makes more sense, I'm a throw my hat in with that and say Micah

I imagine they're going to try and use the door hinges and screws to frame doug a bit, but forget that most doors can be soft locked before closing them, assuming it doesn't use only a deadbolt. (which would make it a bit harder to break down) Lock the door from the inside, put the key in the body, walk out, then close it. Wave hands and go 'noboooody could geeet iiiin'

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Not quite! Look more closely. Micah Sasucasa... Micah-sa, sucasa. Mi casa (es) su casa, or in loose translation, "my house is your house". He very kindly lended the dig team his shack.

This is why I like LPs in general. I would miss all the silly names and their puns without folks talking about it. (Because I'm apparently awful at word-play.)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Shot in the dark, I'm going to say this woman tried to kill the DJ, but failed to do so and someone else successfully killed him. (If it's poison, another wild, baseless guess. Tea lady did it, but somehow poisoned herself too. Both dead.)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

He uh... has some interesting views on women, doesn't he? Like, the last guy was a sleaze but at least he's not one step away from going "BITCHES AND WHORES!"

That said, I'm curious to what the motive for all this is. It doesn't seem to have been touched on much yet.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

This is getting meta.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Tongue cutting incoming?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Says the guy asking the woman to take a wild guess at who the culprit is at the start of the case. Al, why you gotta be a dick?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

HydroSphere posted:

I think Lucy does have a lot of potential, but she gets an idea into her head, and then gets carried away with it too easily. I don't really think Alfendi has done anything to help; he just hasn't made it clear to Lucy that jumping to conclusions without giving all the facts and evidence due consideration could have serious consequences.
That's something that bothered me too. He's a terrible teacher when it comes to due process. I'm all for dramatic bluffing and action, but he's teaching her awful habits in this line of work.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Just a wild guess, I'm gonna assume that the sadistic Alfendi is the normal one, and this calmer analytical personality is the one that emerged from his multiple personality disorder.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I'm just now noticing Alfendi is wearing some goofy rear end shoes.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I know they're really painting Hilda in a bad light here, but I'll bet it's going to pull a switch and tell us Justin is the real killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Robindaybird posted:

Hilda's protests scans too earnest to make me believe she's deliberately lying.

That too. She seems genuinely surprised and perplexed that she might be wrong about what she saw.

• Locked thread