Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Or it is the weapon and she cleared it using boiled water.

I do declare, that's quite impossible - surely a pot of suspiciously boiled water would have been noticed in the investigation before now? So she must be innocent, past a shadow of a doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Alfendi and Alfiend.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

RelentlessImp posted:

Alfendi and Alfender. Gotta let the genie outta the bottle sometimes.

Does that mean he has a third form called Alfendest?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Kegluneq posted:

I'm pretty certain Layton is wrong about this, which is interesting. Strapping fired the deadly shot, but the weapon may have been switched before he got his hands on it. It's still not clear who could have done that, but I'm wondering if the gameplay style would even allow for it to be Blaise who arranged the switch.

Nah. He's a suspect who's come in to solve our investigation for us. If Columbo has taught me anything, the guy's guilty as hell.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Tax Refund posted:

Edit: Excellent point about the crates having been opened in alphabetical order. If Chico was after the idol, he wouldn't have opened crates A or B; we know he knew it was in crate C since his fingerprints were on the notebook where that was written down. I think I'm going to switch my suspicions to Mariana Etista, though I can't rule out Chico Careta entirely: since the two are engaged, it's entirely possible that they planned the whole thing together.

We know that English isn't his first language because he learned it from Mariana. He can speak it, but can he read it?

Also, I suspect that the placement of the corpse and the window could be significant - Chico could have used the key to lock the door when he left the hut, then gone round the back and slipped the key through the window into O'Logie's pocket before the others arrived.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Well that was nice and easy! I wonder what we'll solve next.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Is that what happened when Luke snapped after one puzzle too many?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Hmmm.
We know that Pig never left the room, so unless Dog and Donkey are in it together (and assuming Pig wasn't into playing hide-and-seek) then he must have been dead before Donkey arrived. So Donkey didn't do it.
He was killed by being hit on the back of the head with the ashtray, then I think the body was hidden under the desk while Donkey was in there. But we saw Pig throw Cat out, so she didn't do it either.

I think that Dog killed him, hid the body while Donkey was there (presumably Pig's paperwork also showed Donkey's appointment), then on the pretext of getting his bag moved the body to the sofa.
Hen found the body, but decided to steal the cash in his wallet rather than alert people to the murder. (Why this takes 17 minutes is beyond me.)

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I still think the game's name has to come into play somewhere.

Nah, Luigi Layton only makes an appearance if you're trying two-player mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Now I'm wondering if Hilda was watching through some weird contrivance of mirrors, and forgot that everything was reversed.

• Locked thread