Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Aha! At first, I was typing this out, but then I noticed something.

The rips in that bullet hole are pointing to the stage, and the distance looks about right. So I'm actually going to go with Roscoe for now, because he's the only one who claims not to have been on stage when it happened. I find it suspicious that Destiny was standing next to where the gun is, and the oil stain on the wall is equally odd, but... My gut feeling from that image is that the gun wasn't fired on stage (Although it was placed in Bray's hand afterward)

EDIT: Except it says it's lodged in the wall, when the rips definitely seem to point out. That's confusing as hell! Well, I guess Destiny, then. Weirdness... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I...buh? Why did the squib detonate? Doesn't the "bumping into" provide a lack of time to somehow force Knox to scream during the blackout?

There's got to be more, given that we're ending so abruptly.

I gotta say, I'm not fond of the game's apparent tendency to add or remove facts from the equation when deconstructing a crime scene.

Maybe that will be noted next update (You'll notice there was no congratulations scene. A "Mystery Solved"... But it's not over yet.), but here's a theory: A blood squib is, essentially, a blood bag (With a means of making it burst, usually a miniature explosive). For realism, where is it going to be placed? Either on the chest, or on the back in a direct line from the "shot".

So, shot happens, bag bursts. However, that introduces a potential problem of its own.

Now, if the next update doesn't have a twist, the criticism is definitely valid. A murder mystery where the facts change is flawed. But the cutoff for this update wasn't the congratulations, and that makes me suspicious.

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 19, 2015

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm still confused about how the squib went off before she was shot, though. Why include that detail if it was wrong? Why would Strapping feel like he needed to frame someone for this?

vvv That makes no sense! How huge is a squib?! Why knock someone else unconscious? How do you communicate all the necessary information to run that fake scream trick while briefly bumping into someone? :argh:

Depends on the squib. In the case of a theatrical squib, it's going to be a blood bag with a small explosive charge on it (Here's a link to a home-made squib... The gentleman's reminder is important, in the case of blood bag squibs), placed directly on both front and back of the area being targeted by the person with the fake gun (Which isn't even going to fire blanks in your average theatrical production.)

So when an actual shot was fired, it would have penetrated the blood bags and... Well, it would definitely look (and sound) more realistic than a squib just designed to burst the bag... :(

There are, of course, other varieties of squib, including the airjet, for the effects of higher caliber shots and more dramatic blood spray. Squib FX provides examples of these.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Well, we already know one thing that could help prove it's Chico... The manifest clearly shows where the idol is (C), and only A to C were opened. I suspect the wire with the beam comes later, which Chico wouldn't know because... He can't read english.

Seems almost a shame to put the boy away, he's a charmer, but Al is 95.1% sure (And rising.) Although he has been shown to be technically wrong before. :)

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm just going to guess that it's Mariana because every other killer has been the (ex-)fiancee.

"If I do everything like she tell me[...]"

Sad to say, I think this is right. :(

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

HydroSphere posted:

That was intentional. :) I'll put the additional statements up in the next update.

I've never personally seen sugar being sold in a glass container, usually it's sold in plastic packaging; though of course, someone could buy some sugar and then put into a glass container. Years ago, a lot of people had their milk delivered to their homes by a milkman, whom usually delivered it in a glass bottle, but these days, I don't think that many people still do this; most people now tend to buy their milk from shops, which is also usually sold in a plastic container.

Most common method I've seen is heavy paper for sugar, and I know that the milkman still does rounds here in Fishguard (A local dairy, basically), but they no longer use the glass bottles, only the plastic ones.

As to who to suspect? I'm personally thinkin' the manager. At least partly because we've already kind of seen a pattern here with the crimes, and sadly, I don't think that pattern's breaking, judging by the fact two sweethearts just got murdered. :sigh:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Well, the most obvious lie is Hen's. She said she never went in, and yet... There she is, in and out. It's also her fingerprints on the wallet. But there's another oddity. Well, two actually. Dog and Pig's statement mostly appears correct, except... If the coat was hanging in the room? Why is it not hanging in the room? Can't seem to see it anywhere. Also, if Cat went into the room... Why is there no photo of her going in?

There's a fair bit suss here, and I'm not sure how much of it is me genuinely spotting things or not. :(

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Tax Refund posted:

Certainly not. I'm pretty sure Hen was looking guilty because she found her master dead, and took the opportunity to go through his wallet rather than reporting it to anyone. Which narrows it down to Cat (who knows about the camera and might have had a way to disable it), Dog, or Donkey.

Agreed. My money's on Cat, because she wasn't seen going in that time. We're being toyed with somehow... :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Dog went in the room before Donkey arrived, though? The pictures show he went in and out after Cat left the first time.

The problem being, she was never captured going in a second time, so we don't actually know if she beat Dog to it, and he claims that Pig wasn't there. That the window was locked from the inside is, I highly suspect, a red herring, because, again, it doesn't say when it was locked.

• Locked thread