Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Interesting, interesting.

I feel like the thread is mostly right about this (although I've not played the game) with Potsby-Mahn, but at the same time I kind of suspected her from the start for reasons I forget, so.

One piece of evidence I think will be vital is the scrap of card in the bathroom - if it contained just another takeaway menu, most likely it would have been marked as such - meaning it's something else. I feel like this will be what leads to the motive.

The pasta, I don't think, is as important as the state of the wardrobe. Call it stereotyping, but would someone as well dressed as Potsby-Mahn really have her clothes jumbled in with her husband's like that? Though the extensive list of takeaway menus may suggest a slobbish lifestyle, It's likely that there was somebody inside the wardrobe, or someone was looking for something in there before the crime.

If we were to use Occam's razor, the most likely reasoning is that the husband started the pasta while his wife was in the shower. If we take into account the large number of takeaway menus, there are three avenues, two of which are likely - Downe is a keen body builder, and if he were somehow in the home prior to the return of the husband, or was considered a family friend, he might have put the pasta on to boil . Perhaps the husband was convinced by the wife to do some cooking? The phone was only used to ring the police, and home cooking would explain why no takeaways were rung.

One thing I feel confident in saying is that Potsby-Mahn was at least an accomplice in the cleanup of the murder, if not the murderer herself. The time in between the scream she supposedly heard and came out is highly unlikely to have given the killer time to clean the DNA from the windows - it must have been done posthumously.

Were I to guess, Potsby was a useless layout and Mrs. Potsby was laying about with Downe, who hid in the wardrobe when her husband came home, and killed him to seal the deal. Potsby-Mahn was okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

:dogbutton:

- -

My guess for method of entry, assuming it wasn't the wife, would be "was in the closet before beforehand."

Crosspeice posted:

If he was stabbed in the back while sleeping on the chair, then there would be blood all over it and a hole there too. She's a bit rubbish.

If he fell out of his chair as he fell asleep, that might explain it - considering the amount of booze he was drinking that night.

The murder weapon might be in the towel on the balcony - that'd explain the blood on it.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Tax Refund posted:

I think they're hinting at the murder weapon being a bundle of uncooked spaghetti, which was then boiled to remove any trace of blood from it. Which makes no sense -- uncooked spaghetti would be brittle and would shatter before you could stab someone with it, even if it was rolled up in a bundle -- but that would explain the pasta boiling in a pot, in an apartment where they ate nothing but take-out.

I get that Potsby's knees were weak and his arms were heavy, there might even be vomit on his sweater already, but that's a tad ridiculous.

The weapon might be hidden in the spaghetti, but not even frozen spaghetti has enough density to penetrate a person's skin, even as a bundle.

Glazius posted:

Maybe it was frozen into a knife or something?

Wait, ice is also kind of poo poo as a stab delivery vehicle too, right?

Ice could work - there's an old trick in a Sherlock Holmes game I forget where the killer filled a knife mould with water and then froze it from the outside, making a very short-term weapon with the properties of a knife.
A stretch, but the spaghetti could be done do cover up the disposal, although the shower would have worked just as well.

Cooking related spoiler:
In 99% of Spaghetti related dishes, you begin boiling it after you've begun prepping the sauce, often when the meat is cooked and ready to be mixed in with the sauce.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I didn't even know there was a clock in the room.

Huh.

Also, am I the only one slightly wierded out by Bing?
Anyone?

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

:suspense:
Well now,

Also, please don't be the spaghetti.

Please.

Actually, it makes one wonder if something the size of the weapon could be hid within bing's collar...

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

Hopeford posted:

I like that Alfendi at one point just goes "No. I'm not gonna keep trying to prove your guilt. I know you did it. I have the evidence. I don't need you dramatically confessing to it. Get your lawyer if it makes you feel better. Bye." Also my personal name for his later ego is "Evil Al." Because he's not that weird, just evil, and I'm a huge dork.

Why not go with "Al Capone?"

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

RelentlessImp posted:

Alfendi and Alfender. Gotta let the genie outta the bottle sometimes.

Is he stuck in the Alfend zone?

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I get the feeling this case rests on two key factors - whoever wrote the note, and whoever held the Squib. There are three possible alternatives for the second one, two of which wouldn't have aroused suspicion:
  • If Blaise wasn't feeling well, Roscoe might have volunteered to time the squib, since he was the other person in the scene and her husband - for possibly nefarious reasons. He could have handed the props to Bray, since he's in charge of them.
  • Bray, and offhand stage, might have forgotten to put in Blaises costume that night, deliberately or not - this would explain if it was brought off stage and placed in the bin. At the same time, as stage hand and maker of the props, it would make sense for him to control the Squib so as not to break Kayfabe and In either scenario, the place where the note was is where the Squib should have been, I feel.
  • Destiny, if she set up the murder, could have easily known where the Squib was and flubbed the timing. If she placed the note, there's a high chance she could have swapped the revolvers as well - or Lubricated it to makes us think Bray was tampering with it..

As Jamie The D pointed out, this seems to imply the shot was fired into the painting - at Roscoe, maybe? The question I have is why Blaise screamed if she couldn't see her killer - possibly because she realised the blood was real, since she didn't have the Squib? Also why was Destiny running behind the stage?

My vote is Destiny will ultimately be the killer, but we need to talk to Bray first to get any further information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

My Lack of Layton understanding aside, is it odd that most of us suspected Destiny pretty much immediately?

• Locked thread