Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The format seems fine to me.

I'm most suspicious of the bellboy right now. The lover's fingerprints aren't on the window, so he didn't go to the terrace. The sandwich, delivered by the bellboy, is untouched save for the victim's hand replacing the chicken; if she had been alive until the maid entered the room, it would probably have been eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Agreed with the rest, particularly on the point that you don't leave crime-fiction style dying messages when you're getting strangled from behind. Besides which, I still say the lack of fingerprints on the window frame exonerates the lover. Bellboy it is.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The victim was clearly murdered inside the room, and then the culprit went outside and smashed the glass in to make it look like the victim was thrown in from the balcony; if he had actually gone through the window, he'd have other wounds than just the single stab in the back... but I don't know if that information particularly exonerates anyone at this time.

HydroSphere posted:

Statements:

Goldie Potsby-Mahn
Statement 2:

When I came out of the bathroom, I saw an outlaw running away across the balcony. He was a very muscular man, dressed all in black.

Mr. Nicks is in no way a muscular person. I suppose Downes could have done the crime, thrown away dark clothing, and then looped back to answer the door as security. However, with her history, and the murder likely happening inside, I'm most suspicious of Goldie right now... though that could be exactly what the game wants us to focus on. :tinfoil:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
My suspicion's on Destiny. My take is that both the scream and the gunshot during the blackout were fake, and Gloria was killed by the on-stage shot. Perhaps the real gun was swapped with the prop at the time? Destiny would have had the best opportunity to mess with the objects after the first shot, though I don't know about before.

Of course, we also have to consider how ominous the opening narration was. Could be we'll still get blindsided later into the case.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

HydroSphere posted:

Listen to you two, yapping like dogs.

:stare:

I mean, last time it was all "this personality is just more in-tune with killers" but this is pretty frightening to see from Alfendi, crazy mode or not.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Kegluneq posted:

Meanwhile, the hotel owner is Makes Excuses.

Not quite! Look more closely. Micah Sasucasa... Micah-sa, sucasa. Mi casa (es) su casa, or in loose translation, "my house is your house". He very kindly lended the dig team his shack.

As to the crime itself... it's pretty clear that the "walking corpse" part was the O'Logie's body being strung up on wires, and flung towards the group when they entered. But as to the culprit, I'm really not certain. I'll probably revise once we've learned some more about the case, but my gut feeling says Chico Careta, on account of having looked through the papers in the shack, perhaps when bringing the alcohol to O'Logie and Scowers.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
She was awfully insistent on saying DJ Dread died after eating the macaroons, huh? I'd say that points to that theory that this is a fake murder gone wrong. And with the discrepancy between her account of the wig and the actuality, I'd say he was actually murdered at some point after "passing out". Now, how's the rest of this update go-

Oh. Well, time to wait for new information!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Ah, that must be about... Inspector Cabanela!

Good taste, that Dolly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Well, it's Agonni's. Because in the historical case, the victim was burned alive, but as the helpful note still in the background shows, Agonni's neck was broken beforehand.

Also, I'm wondering if Alfiendi is the Jigsaw Puzzle Killer? I'd watch for him to pop up and start complaining about how the copycat is doing it all wrong.

• Locked thread