Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I tell people that I own a restaurant.

It’s not exactly true, at least in my opinion. The drat thing is a run down burger shack in a hick town in the rear end end of nowhere; does that really count as an actual “restaurant”? Despite that, people still treat me like some sort of amazing businessman, acting like I’m insanely rich or something. I’m not, it’s just that actually owning a business in this town, and making a OK profit, is so rare that I’m seen as a leading figure in the community.

Running a restaurant is so damned stressful, sometimes I can’t take it. You have to worry about the customer experience as well as the employees, the shipments, the food quality and everything. It’s a lot to deal with. The building it’s in is falling apart. It seems like every day we find another issue with the building that needs to be fixed and of course it’s always expensive.

It’s a popular restaurant, at least. There’s only a few in the entire town, and we get quite a few customers every day, as well as many regulars. It’s a fairly popular place to eat. My only real competition in this town is an even more run-down shack ran by this annoying rear end in a top hat whose ego is larger than he his. He constantly tries to compete with me and attacks my restaurant, but he’s never successful. No one eats there because his food is, honestly, complete trash.

That’s just the beginning of my problems. Not only do I have to deal with running a semi-successful restaurant and all that comes with that (I’ll have to tell the health inspector story sometime, that’s a doozy) but I have a daughter as well. She’s in her teens now, and I haven’t seen her mother in years; I don’t even know where her mother is. I’ve been trying to do everything myself, but it’s tough. She’s in her teens now, and I can’t connect with someone that age very well. She’s noticing boys more and more, but she constantly gets rejected, sadly.

To be blunt, she’s quite, eh, large. Fat. She weighs like hundreds of pounds more than I do and she’s so much younger. Not only that, but she’s always giving me grief over what she perceives as my “capitalistic tendencies”; I try to explain I’m a businessman but she doesn’t care. How does she think that food gets on our table? How does she think we can afford to live in our large house? It’s the business, dammit. Of course I’m capitalistic, as a businessman I have to be.

Not only that, but running the restaurant is incredibly stressful, my goddamn employees are a constant source of trouble.

The guy that runs the register is a pain in the rear end, an aspiring musician who thinks any day now he’ll make it big and become rich and successful and get out of this soul-sucking town and job, but honestly it’s not going to happen. His music sucks but his ego won’t let him see it. He thinks he’s the best in the whole world, even though most people tell him he’s poo poo.

He’s nothing, though, compared to the drat cook. This guy is something else, I swear. As an actual cook he’s fine, he can cook every dish pretty damned well and quickly and I have no complains with his actual cooking, it’s just everything else.

Like his laugh, for instance. At first I thought it was amusing. At first. But he laughs at goddamned everything! I can’t take hearing that laugh every day, all the damned time, it drives me nuts. He’s so strange, too. He says weird things that don’t always make sense, he does things that don’t make sense. He’s in his 30s, I think, but he doesn’t act it. He wears the same drat clothes everyday, and it’s not like we have a uniform or anything. He does seem to live alone, though, so I guess he can take care of himself well enough.

At least he likes me. He thinks I’m amazing, that I’m some sort of great person and businessman who only cares about the customers. It hurts to see his image of me, and then actually look at myself and see the disparity. He also thinks he’s friends with the cashier, but the cashier merely tolerates him at best. He really is a great cook, and always focuses on his job and cares about the customers more than probably anyone else that works in this dive.

Now, I don’t want to forget his idiot best friend. This guy, I don’t know, but it seems like he has some actual legit mental disability. On one hand, it’s nice of him to have such a friend, but on the other, I swear, I’m worried about the poor guy. He seems to live alone and doesn’t have any discernible income. He comes into the restaurant almost every day and stands there staring at the menu. I swear sometimes I can hear him let out a slow “dduhhhh” and start drooling slightly. And he orders the same drat thing everytime! What’s he even looking at the menu for?!

I tried to be a nice guy, though. Once I actually hired his dumb friend, at least for a bit. And get this, he couldn’t work because the god drat restaurant hat was too heavy! Who the hell can’t even wear a little hat?! Something is really wrong with that poor guy, I swear.

I can’t even begin to explain the constant insanity that is my life, it always seems like I’m dealing with some ridiculous situation constantly, usually caused by the damned cook and his crazy exploits. The one saving grace is that at least everyone loves my Krabby Patties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
59% of new restaurants fail within three years, not too unlike your posting OP.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

It’s not exactly true, at least in my opinion. The drat thing is a run down burger shack in a hick town in the rear end end of nowhere; does that really count as an actual “restaurant”? Despite that, people still treat me like some sort of amazing businessman, acting like I’m insanely rich or something. I’m not, it’s just that actually owning a business in this town, and making a OK profit, is so rare that I’m seen as a leading figure in the community.

Running a restaurant is so damned stressful, sometimes I can’t take it. You have to worry about the customer experience as well as the employees, the shipments, the food quality and everything. It’s a lot to deal with. The building it’s in is falling apart. It seems like every day we find another issue with the building that needs to be fixed and of course it’s always expensive.

It’s a popular restaurant, at least. There’s only a few in the entire town, and we get quite a few customers every day, as well as many regulars. It’s a fairly popular place to eat. My only real competition in this town is an even more run-down shack ran by this annoying rear end in a top hat whose ego is larger than he his. He constantly tries to compete with me and attacks my restaurant, but he’s never successful. No one eats there because his food is, honestly, complete trash.

That’s just the beginning of my problems. Not only do I have to deal with running a semi-successful restaurant and all that comes with that (I’ll have to tell the health inspector story sometime, that’s a doozy) but I have a daughter as well. She’s in her teens now, and I haven’t seen her mother in years; I don’t even know where her mother is. I’ve been trying to do everything myself, but it’s tough. She’s in her teens now, and I can’t connect with someone that age very well. She’s noticing boys more and more, but she constantly gets rejected, sadly.

To be blunt, she’s quite, eh, large. Fat. She weighs like hundreds of pounds more than I do and she’s so much younger. Not only that, but she’s always giving me grief over what she perceives as my “capitalistic tendencies”; I try to explain I’m a businessman but she doesn’t care. How does she think that food gets on our table? How does she think we can afford to live in our large house? It’s the business, dammit. Of course I’m capitalistic, as a businessman I have to be.

Not only that, but running the restaurant is incredibly stressful, my goddamn employees are a constant source of trouble.

The guy that runs the register is a pain in the rear end, an aspiring musician who thinks any day now he’ll make it big and become rich and successful and get out of this soul-sucking town and job, but honestly it’s not going to happen. His music sucks but his ego won’t let him see it. He thinks he’s the best in the whole world, even though most people tell him he’s poo poo.

He’s nothing, though, compared to the drat cook. This guy is something else, I swear. As an actual cook he’s fine, he can cook every dish pretty damned well and quickly and I have no complains with his actual cooking, it’s just everything else.

Like his laugh, for instance. At first I thought it was amusing. At first. But he laughs at goddamned everything! I can’t take hearing that laugh every day, all the damned time, it drives me nuts. He’s so strange, too. He says weird things that don’t always make sense, he does things that don’t make sense. He’s in his 30s, I think, but he doesn’t act it. He wears the same drat clothes everyday, and it’s not like we have a uniform or anything. He does seem to live alone, though, so I guess he can take care of himself well enough.

At least he likes me. He thinks I’m amazing, that I’m some sort of great person and businessman who only cares about the customers. It hurts to see his image of me, and then actually look at myself and see the disparity. He also thinks he’s friends with the cashier, but the cashier merely tolerates him at best. He really is a great cook, and always focuses on his job and cares about the customers more than probably anyone else that works in this dive.

Now, I don’t want to forget his idiot best friend. This guy, I don’t know, but it seems like he has some actual legit mental disability. On one hand, it’s nice of him to have such a friend, but on the other, I swear, I’m worried about the poor guy. He seems to live alone and doesn’t have any discernible income. He comes into the restaurant almost every day and stands there staring at the menu. I swear sometimes I can hear him let out a slow “dduhhhh” and start drooling slightly. And he orders the same drat thing everytime! What’s he even looking at the menu for?!

I tried to be a nice guy, though. Once I actually hired his dumb friend, at least for a bit. And get this, he couldn’t work because the god drat restaurant hat was too heavy! Who the hell can’t even wear a little hat?! Something is really wrong with that poor guy, I swear.

I can’t even begin to explain the constant insanity that is my life, it always seems like I’m dealing with some ridiculous situation constantly, usually caused by the damned cook and his crazy exploits. The one saving grace is that at least everyone loves my Krabby Patties.
Same

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

found a picture of ops restaurant:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you fucker...I read that whole thing...

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
heh

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

initially thought op was pretending to be doobie

disappointed

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

a real jerk posted:

you fucker...I read that whole thing...

can you give me a tldr version

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjUfM54ehE

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
kill your daughter

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Matey posted:

can you give me a tldr version

i think he's spongebob

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
yo hook it up with some free fries

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
the movie Chef was like Bob's Burgers except not funny

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Link your yelp page so i can see pictures of the burgers. I only eat $20 burgers fyi

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ive worked in restaurants all my life and am a drug addicted alcoholic with severe depression and suicidal tendencys but drat im god on saute

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's no wonder that a majority of restaurants fail in the first 3 years...

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
A cocain habit will help op

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

a real jerk posted:

i think he's spongebob

ok thx

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

op are you spongebob?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Nice pitch, op.
Remember: when presenting the pilot to NBC, make sure to play up the wacky exploits of the cook.
For ABC focus on the employee relationships, censor the poo poo out of the jokes and whatever you do don't let the daughter get pregnant.
CBS likes flashbacks so edit in some back stories.
It's probably not animated, so don't even bother with Fox.

hth

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Matey posted:

op are you spongebob?

No that's the cook

He's mr.crab with the whale daughter

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

No that's the cook

He's mr.crab with the whale daughter

slam whale?

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Matey posted:

slam whale?

Sure

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like five guys burgers tbh hth

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

I have watched way too much Spongebob for an adult.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SpongeBob is garbage for millennial children

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I'll admit OP, I laughed way too hard at the punch line. Well done

e: even though the rest of GBS is a bunch of idiot fucker shitposting manchildren I appreciate this well crafted joke - if you wrote it that is

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 22, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My dad hates Spongebob and as a kid I stopped watching it because of that. :(

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sokrateez posted:

I'll admit OP, I laughed way too hard at the punch line. Well done

e: even though the rest of GBS is a bunch of idiot fucker shitposting manchildren I appreciate this well crafted joke - if you wrote it that is

samea

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

hosed up if true

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
crap goddamit. 5

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
this reads like a goony American pastoral op your daughter is going to bomb the post office

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Really had me going, op

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Ooooooooooooooooh
The very first post was too long, didn't read
(SAM L ACKSYN)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Good job friend. 5

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
soooooooooooooooo turnedf on

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
i can't quite put my finger on it but there's something fishy about this story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I met a guy one time who told me he owned four restaurants.

Of course by "four restaurants" he meant "three Subway Sandwich Shops and a loan almost approved for a fourth."

• Locked thread