Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
child rearing is a reductive process; with every choice you make for your child, you deny them every other possibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

People who think they are depressed because they are "too smart" for the world are loving hilarious.
what anyone thinks doesn't matter. quit projecting

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

guys, hey guys, imagine..... just imagine for a minute......... imagine that people who are depressed are not depressed because of chemical imbalances but because they see the world for what it truely is, without filters..... of any kind........... wow and imagine if this was true and its really the people who arent depressed who have it wrong..... whoh....
retarded child logic is v. good, would read again

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the real answer to the op's question lies in cause and effect. figure out exactly what happened and you'll know why things are the way they are

example: a fat, breaded man lies dead in his apartment. the already decomposing corpse is covered in crumbs and holding a video game controller. in front of it is an xbox one and a television. why is this?

too many doritos

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you can tell a real retard from the way they use words like "enlightened" unironically

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vug posted:

It's what is referred to as a biased sampling frame op. Normal mentally healthy people wouldn't go to the bizarre and desperate lengths of posting on the internet, not to earnestly exchange useful information but just chattering about any old poo poo, with strangers they would probably want nothing to do with in real life, and often in a haughty and judgemental (yet ironic) way while making jokes they hope and entertain the fantasy that people find funny, in some completely perverted attempt at self actualisation

i had a manic grin while typing this because the powerful feeling of casting down a harsh judgement on people who reminded me of myself temporarily lifted me from my crushing feelings of self hatred
harsh, but true

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GORDON posted:

Too many syllables? I should have said, "Everyone sitting around knowing everyone else is a sheep." That's just better internet.
that's better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

what i want to know is why are goons so cynical? it's impossible to like something on this forum without someone making GBS threads on it
self-deprecation/schadenfreude/trolling/psychopathy/sociopathy/agitation/boredom/misinterpretation/comedic hyperbole

it's piss-easy to like something and even be open about it if you do it right, though. i'm gay as gently caress for jojo, for example

• Locked thread