Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I went to a market fair in my town that runs all summer every wednesday. He asked me if I was in the military or had been so I told him yeah, then he told me about his time as a rhodesian infantryman, this was a day before the SC shooter happened and I actually didnt know what the gently caress rhodesia was until the kid was shown with his flag or whateber. I connected the dots a day later and realized this dude was literally fighting for a white minority slave holding state that the UN hated (mainly because Rhodesian was really succesfull before the civil war. He told me about how good Zimbabwe used to be before the black majority took over and destroyed the country.

He was a nice guy, Im goung to go talk to him on wednesday again because Im really interested in how Rhodesia was run and poo poo before the majority blacks took over.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Life got so much better for those folks once they were living in a free state under Robert Mugabe

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I met a Rhodesian at my grandpa's funeral. He seemed ok for a religious nut.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

LeoMarr posted:

I went to a market fair in my town that runs all summer every wednesday. He asked me if I was in the military or had been so I told him yeah, then he told me about his time as a rhodesian infantryman, this was a day before the SC shooter happened and I actually didnt know what the gently caress rhodesia was until the kid was shown with his flag or whateber. I connected the dots a day later and realized this dude was literally fighting for a white minority slave holding state that the UN hated (mainly because Rhodesian was really succesfull before the civil war. He told me about how good Zimbabwe used to be before the black majority took over and destroyed the country.

He was a nice guy, Im goung to go talk to him on wednesday again because Im really interested in how Rhodesia was run and poo poo before the majority blacks took over.

enjoy your watchlisting

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

I got a cool story, the excellently administered, world supported ZANU-PF that liberated the Zimbabwean people from the oppressive white boot made their country so rich that they made a 10 trillion dollar bill... thats ballin

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Life got so much better for those folks once they were living in a free state under Robert Mugabe

Yes because the straight up ethnic cleansing of whites was great

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

LeoMarr posted:

Yes because the straight up ethnic cleansing of whites was great

That was pretty funny actually (well hearing them whine about how everything is an ethnic cleansing is pretty great) what he did to the Ndebele for supporting Joshua Nkomo was not so funny

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thesae are my lovingly modeled rhodesian infantry miniatures but i'm not racist.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

its racism to notice a gigantic change from a a high GDP functioning society to a civil war shithole which cant even use its own currency because of inflation and corruption

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
i met a rhodesian ridgeback.

he was pretty cool.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Robbie Fowler posted:

i met a rhodesian ridgeback.

he was pretty cool.

was his name your username because that would make sense

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Him?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

its racism to notice a gigantic change from a a high GDP functioning society to a civil war shithole which cant even use its own currency because of inflation and corruption

rhodesia wasnt very high functioning if you happened to be black

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I didn't even know Rhodesia was a country until today. I guess they have a cool looking dog breed though.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

LeoMarr posted:

But you see theres a difference, when they were the high GDP they were under international sanctions and fighting 2 insurgent armies with training camps in all their hostile neighbors and couldnt buy a pot for their troops to piss in without smuggling it. Then things just got so drat tough once the leader the world community had demanded came in....

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

rhodesia wasnt very high functioning if you happened to be black

Still isn't, but that's not Rhodesia's fault.

Helpimscared posted:

I didn't even know Rhodesia was a country until today. I guess they have a cool looking dog breed though.

It's not anymore. Robert Mugabe changed the name to Zimbabwe because that sounded vaguely African.

LeoMarr posted:

As a liberal, yes. Yes it is. Implying that anything bad in existence is the fault of anyone but white people is in fact racist.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I met a Rhodesian ridgeback

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If I had to guess I'd say that the white rulers probable destroyed all relevant cultural institutions and imprisoned or killed any leaders that were a threat to them during their period of racist rule. Therefore it's not surprising when they were overthrown it went totally to poo poo. That's usually what happens.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

LeoMarr posted:

noticing things is very racist, yes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Racism is poo poo, and those who promote racism are poo poo, but everyone should read a bio of Cecil Rhodes because that guy's life was loving mental. A historical bastard of the highest order but a pretty clever little poo poo all told. One heck of a crazy-rear end.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Frog Act posted:

thesae are my lovingly modeled rhodesian infantry miniatures but i'm not racist.

Those are pretty badass. I'd collect an army of those dudes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I met a Rhodesian Ridgeback.

It was a good dog. Wanna re-meet that dog.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i too know people from rhode island

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Road asians are the most dangerous kind, you're lucky to have survived

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pick posted:

Racism is poo poo, and those who promote racism are poo poo, but everyone should read a bio of Cecil Rhodes because that guy's life was loving mental. A historical bastard of the highest order but a pretty clever little poo poo all told. One heck of a crazy-rear end.

what about the documentary of cecil dobbs

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
I talked to a Rhodesian on th Internet. His racism was aimed at the Dutch, though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I got a road lesion driving from nevada to florida

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I was in South Africa my friends 70 year old uncle used to go nuts over the fact the black government was renaming all the roads to African for the sake of it and would get lost when driving us around and his Road atlas didnt match up. Was pretty funny.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

LeoMarr posted:

Rhodesian tears are the sweetest.

"Bluh bluh we had it so good and the boys had their own parliament so really it was fair bluh bluh" gently caress off. If your only friends are the Portuguese and Saffers, you hosed up.

I can't believe my government was paying subsidies to Rhodie scum all the way into the 90s, tbh.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LeoMarr posted:

yeah guys Qatar is an awesome place just look at their economy
Shut up about the literal slave labor geez

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah guys Qatar is an awesome place just look at their economy
Shut up about the literal slave labor geez

Surprised Ron Paul never made a permanent pilgrimage to the land of the gold brick ATM

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp
First they came for Rhodesia next they will come for us and obummer is just going to let them do it

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
my favorite piece of Rhodesia trivia was when they were censoring any talk of the ruins being made by black people because they couldn't possibly build anything

quote:

I was the archaeologist stationed at Great Zimbabwe. I was told by the then-director of the Museums and Monuments organisation to be extremely careful about talking to the press about the origins of the [Great] Zimbabwe state. I was told that the museum service was in a difficult situation, that the government was pressurising them to withhold the correct information. Censorship of guidebooks, museum displays, school textbooks, radio programmes, newspapers and films was a daily occurrence. Once a member of the Museum Board of Trustees threatened me with losing my job if I said publicly that blacks had built Zimbabwe. He said it was okay to say the yellow people had built it, but I wasn't allowed to mention radio carbon dates... It was the first time since Germany in the thirties that archaeology has been so directly censored.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

grandpas drunk posted:

First they came for Rhodesia next they will come for us and obummer is just going to let them do it

something something Jade Helm

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012
In before the comparison between the 4% Whites ruling Rhodesia and the US being run by a cabal of Jews and Blacks and Communists.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
its p neat how when you hear a white suth efrican/rhodesian accent you automatically assume theyre a piece of poo poo human being and youre almost always right

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

is this a warhammer thing?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

LeoMarr posted:

I already know you're a racist fuckhead from the months you've been posting. So thanks for the anecdotal crap that somehow miraculously backs up your idiot world view. You'll be banned later I'm sure, but from here on anytime I see you I'm going to give you a month.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I'm white AMA how oppressed I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what was his name lol

• Locked thread