Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

A Tartan Tory posted:

It's been due really, now that vanilla has almost been uh....perfected?

TBC is the best expansion anyway. :smug:

Give me stunheralds or give me death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

A Tartan Tory posted:

Nostalrius have announced their TBC project.

Exciting

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So is this classic rear end WoW with all the bad balance of Druids being toothless and Mortal strike warriors making GBS threads on almost everything except rogues since they can't find them?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

quote:

Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition, not to have a negative impact on the economy, which will be described when the server will be ready to use.

Too bad this is probably a year out.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

It's cool that Nostalrius are making their TBC source freely available on Github. The private server community is generally really lovely about sharing their work with each other.

Clitch posted:

That sounds like a really really really optimistic time estimate.

tuscany
Apr 13, 2007

pretty cool that they have announced this. i hope it works out for them.

man i have been hankering for some vanilla again. last summer was fun. it's too bad how the pubbie situation hosed over the alliance guild.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Clitch posted:

They've said before they aren't releasing TBC until Naxx has been cleared, and even that ridiculously stretched out schedule seems optimistic.

I'm thinking 2018, by which everyone will already be done scratching their TBC itch and have moved on.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Started a Priest because I remember how badly good healers were needed. It's a head trip to go back to vanilla and how lovely and bad things are I love it. The best part is that it just runs. You download 5gb, extract, install and there you go. It's wonderful.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

The Shortest Path posted:

They've said before they aren't releasing TBC until Naxx has been cleared, and even that ridiculously stretched out schedule seems optimistic.

I'm thinking 2018, by which everyone will already be done scratching their TBC itch and have moved on.

Yeah by then CoreCraft will be out and :v:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We're all starting up in PlayTBC in april which barely over a month away. If that's anything but total dogshit I can't imagine it not having a bunch of people play it.

Servers that come out after the first good one have to do a hell of a lot to not fall by the wayside. See: Kronos.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Shortest Path posted:

We're all starting up in PlayTBC in april which barely over a month away. If that's anything but total dogshit I can't imagine it not having a bunch of people play it.

Servers that come out after the first good one have to do a hell of a lot to not fall by the wayside. See: Kronos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js8GbzFzOMk

This will probably be out before Nostalrius BC too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766455 ok I did the thing. Im closing this now

• Locked thread