Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've set up a macro for /shagu clean to make my life easier.

That will be useful.

I've been really impressed with Shagu since it has the mangos zero database of spawn points. It's helped me a lot when quest mobs are camped by the high population, I can find the remotest mobs to finish off quests. Even in the NE starter zone with those Grellkins that are camped to gently caress -- there's another bunch of them behind a big tree that nobody seems to know about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

cupachabra posted:

There's a good presence during euro-hours at least for leveling, when you hit 60 and want to raid the American Pig Dogs will want to do it at 3am civilized-people time.
Is that Horde-side, Alliance, or both?

Transcendent
Jun 24, 2002

Zephro posted:

It's true on horde side for sure.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zephro posted:

Right now, on Horde, there's 9 people in. It's 8pm Greece time, 6pm London time.

EDIT: I mean online, in the guild.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 2, 2015

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
SFK is really easy with a level 33 rogue.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Played this for a bit last night. It's really nice - the enemy pathing works, all the NPC text is correct, and it generally doesn't suffer from the little niggling problems that other emulated servers do.

But the lag, oh god. I dunno where the server is (obviously not Europe, despite the devs apparently being French). But I was getting 550ms all night. I was thinking of levelling a rogue but at those kind of pings I might have to play hunter :/

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zephro posted:

Played this for a bit last night. It's really nice - the enemy pathing works, all the NPC text is correct, and it generally doesn't suffer from the little niggling problems that other emulated servers do.

But the lag, oh god. I dunno where the server is (obviously not Europe, despite the devs apparently being French). But I was getting 550ms all night. I was thinking of levelling a rogue but at those kind of pings I might have to play hunter :/

It might be an issue on your end, my ping is generally pretty alright.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Server is most definitely in Europe. I get between 170-200ms on a pretty poo poo connection.

Your ISP could have routing issues or something.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Yeah I believe the server is in Paris, I consistently ping under 30ms from the UK, so it's possible there's issues on your end or it's a temporary problem (I've had this happen).

The server side lag on the other hand ...

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I do have a lovely ISP (i live in the wilderness of Surrey so I'm reliant on a one-man WISP based out of Portsmouth to get interwebs because I literally can't even sync an ADSL modem down the 4.6km of 1950s copper between me and the cabinet).

On the other hand pings to all other online games are fine, and no different to what they were when I had a wired connection. I guess it could be a specific routing problem but that woud be kinda unlucky (and I have zero chance of getting it fixed, ever, cos as I said there is one guy in charge of this entire ISP :/ )

edit: just logged in now, at what I assume is not exactly peak time, and it's 390ms. Hm.

edit2: Looks like the server ip is 5.196.82.39. It doesn't respond to pings, but pinging 5.196.82.40 gives round trips of 25ms. On the other hand, a traceroute to the actual server seems to die somewhere in France.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 3, 2015

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

A bit of Google digging suggests I might be falling foul of some over-enthusiastic DDOS protection.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Zephro posted:

A bit of Google digging suggests I might be falling foul of some over-enthusiastic DDOS protection.

They do have quite a bit of that.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The wow provider talent calc has been down for quite a while eh? I knew I should have mirrored it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Isn't there one on vanillagaming?

e: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent

mewse
May 2, 2006

Yeah but a few years ago I wrote a tool that decodes old wowhead or blizzard talent calc URLs and then re-encodes them in the wowprovider URL format. It's going to be a pain in the rear end to write the encoding to forward to the vanillagaming one (which looks like a wowhead clone so it's doable, just a PITA).

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Boy do I love farming

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
AV release July 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJM1UzDbk5o

Edit: this also means stats upgrade

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
Sorry if this had already been asked/posted but I didn't see it.

Where can I find some good build info for vanilla along with gear recommendations?

I can't remember if I should go swords/dagger with my rogue and what speeds they should be ect.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Big and slow high damage main hand, fast as you can get off hand for poison procs.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Big and slow high damage main hand, fast as you can get off hand for poison procs.

That's what I thought. It's just been forever.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But enough about tanners mom!!!!!

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Phosphia posted:

AV release July 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJM1UzDbk5o

Edit: this also means stats upgrade

What kind of stats upgrade?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Most items at 60 currently have poor stats, they will be upgraded to match the ones you find on databases like http://db.vanillagaming.org

They will also add the items that were previously not available. If you hit 60 yet, you'll notice that the pre-raid BiS list is currently very different from what you'll find on other servers. There will probably be a detailed announcement in a few days. If you have atlas loot (and deleted your WTF folder) you can see the items that are currently available and those that are not. You'll also notice that the loot in Molten Core is very sparse and the items that do drop are pretty awful.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Most of the initial WoW tier gear was designed by a lunatic, there's spirit and inconsequential resists on everything, for everybody, and caster itemization makes no sense. It will be gratifying to finally make use of a lot of the raid gear people have been banking.
e.g.

->

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I'm especially glad looking at some of the shaman tier. Some gear are just all of the attributes barfed onto a tier piece. The tier 1 leggings is 20 spirit, 15 int, 12 str, 7 stam, and 6 agi. Please tell me it gets better in this patch. I'm pretty much jon snow when it comes to vanilla. I was enlightened at lvl 53 that Shamans don't have bloodlust:bang: by Tanners.

Khako fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 5, 2015

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Aww that means some of the quests I havent bothered doing will actually give decent items for my level. Overall its a good thing though, Blizzard were very poo poo at itemisation and I remember the community basically telling them how they should be organising the stats etc because it was clear they had no clue at the time.

mewse
May 2, 2006

My quest to get an unarmored frostsaber at level 34 has suffered a serious setback

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Every time I pass a <Blood and Honor> guildie I smdh

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
same

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Go to bed

Get to level 28

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

Khako posted:

I'm especially glad looking at some of the shaman tier. Some gear are just all of the attributes barfed onto a tier piece. The tier 1 leggings is 20 spirit, 15 int, 12 str, 7 stam, and 6 agi. Please tell me it gets better in this patch. I'm pretty much jon snow when it comes to vanilla. I was enlightened at lvl 53 that Shamans don't have bloodlust:bang: by Tanners.

If you play a hybrid class, you won't use Tier pieces. Even if the gear gets better with the patch, it still doesn't out perform spec-minded single pieces. Playing a Druid on Rebirth, I don't think I used any tier pieces. I used a lot of rogue gear for my dps set and cloth +heal gear for my heal set. Even on Feenix as a priest, level 60s blues are better than MC Tier.

The good news, and I'm sure Tanners will agree, is that Shaman tanks are viable in vanilla. Make sure you always roll the warrior on +defense rings.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Some of the tier 1 stuff is decent after the update, but almost all of tier 2 is great. Jump all over that poo poo.

Thokul
Nov 7, 2009
Hopping on the Horde train as Landzo, Tauren Druid.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

This guild is getting popular!

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Daemon posted:

Dev Patchnote 2015/07/05

FIXED QUESTS

Lost Supplies: Fixed Scattered Crate drop rate
Melding of Influences: Fixed item Encased Ooze
Calling in the Reserves: Fixed level requirement
Linken's chain quest: Fixed level requirement
The Stones that Bind Us: Fixed event
Ghost Mushrooms: now exclusively spawn on caves
The Forging of Quel'Serrar: Can now be re-taken if removed

PVP / BATTLEGROUNDS

Arathi Basin: Anvils added
Fixed exploit: Can't attack a non pvp flagged player with a controlled creature (Mind Control ...)
Fixed a cause of unbalanced battlegrounds (other are still to be found now)
Freezing trap and Consecration are now correctly triggering the neutral guards reactions
Neutral guards will stop attacking you when you resurrect
Warsong Gulch: Fixed several exploits that allowed a mage to go to forbidden places using the Blink spell

PVE/DUNGEONS

UBRS: Added eggs in Rend event's room
Dire Maul: DM books now give quests as intended
Dire Maul: Fixed Gordok captains damage
It is no longer possible to summon players in an instance [EDIT: If the player you try to summon is outside the instance]
Fixed health regeneration for evading mobs

SPELLS

Shaman: Fix stacking of similar totems
Shaman: Totem positive spells will no longer be resisted
Fixed an exploit that could allow a druid to have an infinite amount of mana
Fixed an exploit that could allow a player to use 2 trinkets / potions at the same time, even if they are on the same cooldown
Prayer of Fortitude and similar spells: added level verification for group members
The spell Fengus Ferocity (Dire Maul Tribute run buff :200 attack power for 2 hours) no longer gets over written by the shaman buff Ancestral Healing from critical heals.
Fixed Improved Immolate stacking with warlock 4/6 pvp set bonus
Warlocks: Fixed exploit / workaround that allowed Demonic Sacrifice to be stacked with Master Demonologist

ITEMS - the following items have been fixed (please clear your cache):
Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas
Inventor's Focal Sword
Satyr's Bow
Blade of Eternal Darkness
Blackblade of Shahram
Vis'kag the Bloodletter
Hands of the Exalted Herald
Deathbone Guardian set items
Fixed loot tables for Dragonmaw Shortsword, Flesh Piercer
Pattern: Hide of the Wild (added)
Brann Bronzebeard's Lost Letter (item removed)
Recipes for Robe of the Void, Robe of the Archmage, and Truefaith Vestments are no longer soulbound

MISC

Object 'Mrs. Dalson's Diary' has been fixed to prevent a server crash
Plague Monstrosity: fixed attack animation
Darkshire: NPCs "Watcher Sarys" and "Watcher Corvin" will be spawned only once
Darkshire: Fixed Mor'Ladim level
Badlands: fixed one Ridge Huntress spawn location
Xorothian Stardust stock on vendors is no longer limited
Blackblade of Shahram: AI added
Fixed Mr. Wiggles model
Translate Simone the Inconspicuous's and Franklin the Friendly's gossip from French
When a player is being teleported, he will no longer appear offline

ANTICHEAT.

An experienced cheater tested Nostalrius ultimate anticheat during the week, and detected several exploits that had never been discovered or exploited on any private server (0-day). Thank to its report videos, we were able to fix these bugs in a few days (already applied on the realm). Fixed exploits:
Fixed an exploit that allowed an instant resurrection
Fixed an exploit that allowed to partially disable the anticheat protection module (Warden)
Fixed an exploit that allowed to take undiscovered taxi paths from flight master
Fixed one anticheat bypass that could be used to teleport-hack

PERFORMANCE AND LAGS:

During this week, we applied a second bunch of fixes to reduce the lag / delay, after the dynamic lag reduction system last week.
We also implemented an index to know how our players feel the lag. The lower it is, the less our players feel the lag. It was around 500 at the beginning of the week, and it has been lowered thanks to the different fixes to less than 400 (ie 20% lag reduction, for a similar number of online players). Note that this index also counts client connection lags, not related to the server.

How does it work ?

Several strategies have been implemented.
First, we assigned different priorities to the different tasks the server has to do:
Spells and movement server: top priority
Chat server: medium priority
Creatures/pets AI: medium priority
Items/AH server: low priority
Characters loading and mail server: lowest priority
It means that you may experience a delay when sending mails, looting items, ... But it is only to allow a real-time handling of the spells, our top priority. So do not rely on the chat to test if the server lags for example :)

Our second strategy is to define a priority between the players. Someone being in combat, casting spells, or in a dungeon / battleground will have a higher priority than a player that is AFK in a capital, playing with the AH, or simply chatting.

We continue monitoring the server performance and are still exploring new ways to make the game experience the most enjoyable as possible.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15653

clear your cache

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 5, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Was the Hide of the Wild pattern just not in the game up until now? That's loving hilarious.

Tgump
Nov 4, 2013
Those are some pretty solid patch notes. If the lag reduction is any better from the Western USA now I might actually be persuaded to level my Hunter.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Welp I bought http://bloodntsunde.re/. I have a problem.

Tgump
Nov 4, 2013

FutuerBear posted:

Welp I bought http://bloodntsunde.re/. I have a problem.

Yeah a problem of NOT HAVING IT UP AND RUNNING YET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Giving this a shot as Coldfeast the orc.

• Locked thread