Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

hell yeah man cant wait for rushes take on this... actually unironically

i listen to rush on my lunchbreak car rides for laughs, he doesnt believe any of the poo poo he says and literally lives the life of his rich socialite lefty strawman, is currently addicted to drugs and has been for like a million years and has no plans to stop any of that

hes the highest paid talky person on the air and he literally just gets to spout off about immigrants and gays all day long while smoking a cigar in an air condition room

not a single loving goon would turn down that gig, hell, id actively work to crush poor people for that gig rather than just playing the part of a radical foil to the 'moderate' right

e: hes traded out his wife for a younger one four times now, each of them lasting between 4-10 years, and his current wife is edging up on the 4th year of holy matrimony... watch out honey, rush is on the hunt already

:smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Million Ghosts posted:

He probably does, who's given a gently caress about stern in forever?

Enter the new millennium, when Howard signed his first deal with Sirius Radio in 2005 for a wild $500 million. That included the salaries of his employees, but it still evened out to $80 million a year for Howard alone, plus stock options.

Striking a deal estimated to be worth $400 million through 2016, the conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh has renewed his contract with Clear Channel Communications and its syndication subsidiary Premiere Radio Networks.Jul 2, 2008

so based on that, like 80 mil a year for howard, 50 mil a year for rush

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

https://www.google.com/search?q=ina...aham+lincoln%22

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
honestly though a lot of the talk-show lineup right now is premium. you start your day off with herman cain. now if rush is a consummate master of rhetoric, effortlessly commanding hordes of idiots with just his voice, herman cain is the guy shouting at a goat that is making GBS threads on him

he has no clue what he's talking about, ever, period, and he never bothers to read up on even extremely important topics. often he'll get a caller who will diverge slightly from the topic and it flusters the poo poo out of him. one time a guy mentioned the bill of rights and i guess he forgot it was part of the constitution cuz he went with the ole "ah. ysee, im not exactly fully familiar with that particular piece of legislation, but i will check it out for you, thanks for your call" which was loving hilarious

he often trails off mid-sentence and forgets literally everything about what he was saying and will fill in the silence with either "...relative to the issue at hand, here" or (and i am not joking) "thanks obama"

show is loving great

e: oh gently caress and also one time he was doing his "NEWS NUGGET!" (it plays a little trumpet sound after he says this) segment (literally a segment where he reads trending headlines off of a news aggregator and then says whatever he knows about the topic)

this particular news nugget was about a person of the jewish faith, so naturally he jumps in with JEWS NUGGET! (*trumpets*) and then he started laughing and says "we can cut that, right?" and you just hear a quiet "no"

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 23, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

cams posted:

so based on that, like 80 mil a year for howard, 50 mil a year for rush

thing is howard is hosed when his contract is up, and rushy boy will troll his way into lichdom and make loving bank forever.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Justin Godscock posted:

it makes republicans believe that obama was a racist all this time and not them

Yes. Exactly why CNN was going crazy over the story. :rolleyes:

gently caress the ROW posted:

literally no one cares except for the state media ... somthing about obamna on a podcast saying cuss words & its really good. Plus he already solved the wars and the economy so things are fine

It's like that strange Hillary nonstory. When Hillary decided to use gmail in the State department or something and the media ran with it for a week but rational people moved on.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 23, 2015

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Million Ghosts posted:

thing is howard is hosed when his contract is up, and rushy boy will troll his way into lichdom and make loving bank forever.

rush is like 200 million behind stern in net worth (550 compared to 350 million) and at that point, imo, it pretty much all plateaus and one guys as rich as another. its not like either of them is running out of money without being phenomenally stupid, but its true that howard will be cut loose eventually (dont think he'll mind, hes not exactly hosed with half a billion) while rush can essentially keep his job until he decides to stop

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
when limbaugh destroys this whole thing ill update the thread

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I wonder how much work it took to edit out the sound of marc maron and his producers orgasming the moment he said it. But seriously, I thought his point was well expressed and its nice to hear him acknowledge racism even if there is no hope of him actually being able to achieve any tangible results.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Moon Atari posted:

I wonder how much work it took to edit out the sound of marc maron and his producers orgasming the moment he said it. But seriously, I thought his point was well expressed and its nice to hear him acknowledge racism even if there is no hope of him actually being able to achieve any tangible results.

that is nice

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

i do like to imagine obama mouthed "you're welcome" to him after he said it

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

rush is like 200 million behind stern in net worth (550 compared to 350 million) and at that point, imo, it pretty much all plateaus and one guys as rich as another. its not like either of them is running out of money without being phenomenally stupid, but its true that howard will be cut loose eventually (dont think he'll mind, hes not exactly hosed with half a billion) while rush can essentially keep his job until he decides to stop

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think of the two Howard was smarter about contract negotiations. Are Opie and Anthony (when they were together, and now separate) close to Howard or Rush's net worth?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Moon Atari posted:

you are an idiot, they all knew ahead of time and it was done specifically to catapult the interview from "oh obama doing another internet thing like he does sometimes" to "most people in america will hear about this in some detail"

the president of the united loving states doesnt go onto a dudes podcast and just drop the n-word on the spur of the moment lol

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

cams posted:

i do like to imagine obama mouthed "you're welcome" to him after he said it

Lol

Maron probably did a victory lap around SF after the President left.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
obama doesn't even hold a press conference without scripted responses, thats why reporters get banned for asking questions lol

i saw this maron guy on norm mcdonald and always thought he was a bald human being bitch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Helical Nightmares posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think of the two Howard was smarter about contract negotiations. Are Opie and Anthony (when they were together, and now separate) close to Howard or Rush's net worth?
according to the ultra reliable source "celebritynetworth.com", not even remotely in the same galaxy. that site puts opie and anthony at about 15mil each, howard is about half a bil

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

according to the ultra reliable source "celebritynetworth.com", not even remotely in the same galaxy. that site puts opie and anthony at about 15mil each, howard is about half a bil

but they invented whip it out wednesday, so they're the winners in the eyes of history

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
can't wait to sample it for my sick new edm track

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

obviously i dont have any secret insight into the two guys but just from what is public, rush seems like a much happier guy

stern lost the love of his life while he was too busy working like crazy to get to where he is today and only recently remarried, hes had plastic surgery, he picked up transcendental meditation as a way to quit smoking and other vices and he looks loving haggard in every public picture (sure, its loving howard stern, i know, but still)

rush on the other hand gives zero fucks about his spouse, marries and remarries on a whim, hasnt gone more than a year and a few months before marrying a wife younger than his previous one, maintains a well-funded drug addiction that he will never run out of money for, continues smoking to this day and will continue until he dies. you can find countless pics of him beaming with his trophy wife on his arm or out on the golf course with his bros

its kind of unfair to compare someone like rush to other people, hes going to win every single time because i think hes probably one of the most content human beings in existence. he has absolute security from every natural need he could ever have for the rest of his life and lives without any concerns

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

meh, the interview was ok. nothing special really.

But it does make me think that some of the 2016 presidential candidates might go on a podcast or two before it's all decided in november 2016 (and bernie takes the white house :bernget:)

and no, obama didnt mention gary gulman, whichever dummy said that

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Matey posted:

(and bernie takes the white house :bernget:)

lol you're adorable

wanna pinch your cheeks

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

when limbaugh destroys this whole thing ill update the thread

i cant wait to see how he ties it into the following topics

-concussions in the nfl
-his embargo on PMSNBC news clips (which will be lifted for anywhere between 5-15 clips on any given show, ie whenever he feels like it)
-the limbaugh theorum

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

drat rush limbaugh is p loving sweet

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Horniest Manticore posted:

lol you're adorable

wanna pinch your cheeks

:bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget::bernget:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
when rush limbaugh was accused of crimes by the united states senate, he sold the letter they sent him for 3 million on ebay

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

when rush limbaugh was accused of crimes by the united states senate, he sold the letter they sent him for 3 million on ebay

some baller rear end poo poo right there

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
drat son that's a fuckin' lot of oxys

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I would love to hear Maron interview Bernie Sanders. That would be interesting.

Absolutely unrelated, another interesting interview is the Gallagher one.

I guess all those Air America hours payed off.

God tier trolling

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

drat rush limbaugh is p loving sweet

he owns really loving hard especially because the most common liberal response to the idea of him is "well he must be a sad and miserable person, spewing hatred all day! i cant imagine that life, he must really hate himself" and its like no, lol, have you listened to the show? hes just laughing at the left and even sometimes the right, hes saying provocative things because thats what people want to hear, and he gives no shits about anything beyond getting money and then relaxing on the beach with a cigar, a beer, and three weeks worth of valiums that will be gone before the weekend is over

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

i hadnt heard about this, ill note it down in my research

*flips to page with OWNS?! written across in sharpie*
*puts a big check mark next to it*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

he owns really loving hard especially because the most common liberal response to the idea of him is "well he must be a sad and miserable person, spewing hatred all day! i cant imagine that life, he must really hate himself" and its like no, lol, have you listened to the show? hes just laughing at the left and even sometimes the right, hes saying provocative things because thats what people want to hear, and he gives no shits about anything beyond getting money and then relaxing on the beach with a cigar, a beer, and three weeks worth of valiums that will be gone before the weekend is over

life is way easier once you've beaten your conscience to death with a shovel

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

do you really honestly think limbaugh thinks he is doing anything wrong?

just because your sense of morals dont line up with someones lifestyle, you shouldnt assume they follow the same guidelines and are just ignoring their conscience or that they somehow conquered it

he goes to bed every night satisfied with what he did that day, and not in some kind of dumb lack of understanding about his position in the world

he knows full loving well, and hes fine with it and its pretty silly for you to try to make yourself feel better about that by saying "well no its actually really eating him up inside" or like he had to struggle and wrestle with his position as the highest value pundit in the history of the world

sorry

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

i hadnt heard about this, ill note it down in my research

*flips to page with OWNS?! written across in sharpie*
*puts a big check mark next to it*

yah then he matched the amount of the ebay and donated the whole sum to the widows of marines fund.. right before buying the first 55" LED tv... all true and ill let you know what he says on monday about this whole marc marcon thing

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

do you really honestly think limbaugh thinks he is doing anything wrong?

just because your sense of morals dont line up with someones lifestyle, you shouldnt assume they follow the same guidelines and are just ignoring their conscience or that they somehow conquered it

he goes to bed every night satisfied with what he did that day, and not in some kind of dumb lack of understanding about his position in the world

he knows full loving well, and hes fine with it and its pretty silly for you to try to make yourself feel better about that by saying "well no its actually really eating him up inside"

sorry

oh no, i don't think for a second he feels bad about what he does. he's beaten his conscience to death with a shovel -- nothing phases him, and he feels great about it. being amoral makes life way easier

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

yah then he matched the amount of the ebay and donated the whole sum to the widows of marines fund.. right before buying the first 55" LED tv... all true and ill let you know what he says on monday about this whole marc marcon thing

you, manticore, look at this poo poo. he isnt lying, this actually happened. he donates a shitload of money to charities he believes in and does actually work to enact good in the world, as he sees it. i dont think a man with a dead conscience goes around giving up extra yacht and cocaine money if it isnt necessary

deal with it lol

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

you, manticore, look at this poo poo. he isnt lying, this actually happened. he donates a shitload of money to charities he believes in and does actually work to enact good in the world, as he sees it. i dont think a man with a dead conscience goes around giving up extra yacht and cocaine money if it isnt necessary

deal with it lol

nah, it's press, who're you kidding? he needs to keep the pot boiling somehow, right? shore up his conservative cred. he's an amoral hedonist, you've said it yourself

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

honestly though a lot of the talk-show lineup right now is premium. you start your day off with herman cain. now if rush is a consummate master of rhetoric, effortlessly commanding hordes of idiots with just his voice, herman cain is the guy shouting at a goat that is making GBS threads on him

he has no clue what he's talking about, ever, period, and he never bothers to read up on even extremely important topics. often he'll get a caller who will diverge slightly from the topic and it flusters the poo poo out of him. one time a guy mentioned the bill of rights and i guess he forgot it was part of the constitution cuz he went with the ole "ah. ysee, im not exactly fully familiar with that particular piece of legislation, but i will check it out for you, thanks for your call" which was loving hilarious

he often trails off mid-sentence and forgets literally everything about what he was saying and will fill in the silence with either "...relative to the issue at hand, here" or (and i am not joking) "thanks obama"

show is loving great

e: oh gently caress and also one time he was doing his "NEWS NUGGET!" (it plays a little trumpet sound after he says this) segment (literally a segment where he reads trending headlines off of a news aggregator and then says whatever he knows about the topic)

this particular news nugget was about a person of the jewish faith, so naturally he jumps in with JEWS NUGGET! (*trumpets*) and then he started laughing and says "we can cut that, right?" and you just hear a quiet "no"

this is too good to be true holy gently caress

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

It's like that strange Hillary nonstory. When Hillary decided to use gmail in the State department or something and the media ran with it for a week but rational people moved on.

actually she used a private email server and then wiped it when questions about how she gave so many handouts to companies that gave money to her "foundation" came out

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

nah, it's press, who're you kidding? he needs to keep the pot boiling somehow, right? shore up his conservative cred. he's an amoral hedonist, you've said it yourself

thats easy to say i guess but it doesnt cover the fact that even when he isnt selling congressional letterhead for literal millions, he also just quietly donates far more each year and friends and family consider him a very kind and generous person

im sure youre just going to say that his family and friends are lying to the press so its not like i think i can convince you, but i can at least introduce some doubt into your idea that rush has somehow beat his conscience rather than living a life by a moral code that happens to be different from your own

if i said he was amoral i guess i misspoke, but i cant find where i said that, he might give no fucks about certain things, but thats not the same at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

thats easy to say i guess but it doesnt cover the fact that even when he isnt selling congressional letterhead for literal millions, he also just quietly donates far more each year and friends and family consider him a very kind and generous person

im sure youre just going to say that his family and friends are lying to the press so its not like i think i can convince you, but i can at least introduce some doubt into your idea that rush has somehow beat his conscience rather than living a life by a moral code that happens to be different from your own

if i said he was amoral i guess i misspoke, but i cant find where i said that, he might give no fucks about certain things, but thats not the same at all

Listen man... its cool to say Limbaugh is good here... he's objectively good :) It doesn't break any rules to say limbaugh is good and will destroy a topic on his next show which he will

• Locked thread