Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/top-10-reasons-spay-or-neuter-your-pet

See that link? It's the ten reasons to neuter your pet, according to the aspca.

1) females live longer, and don't have to worry about Some hormone stuffs

2) prevents testicular cancer (no poo poo)

6) not a reason at all, just filler

3,4,5,7,8,9,10) It lessens your responsibility to train

Your dog is roaming about the neighborhood, peeing where you don't want it to, loving random bitches and getting into fights?

Well, don't worry about getting a leash, or potty training it, or keeping it on your property, or adding the slightest bit more responsibility to your life. All you have to do is castrate it.

I'm mean, really, what's wrong with caring more about your own convenience more than the life of your animal? Though, at that point it's less your pet, and more your chattel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
hmm yes

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/top-10-reasons-spay-or-neuter-your-pet

See that link? It's the ten reasons to neuter your pet, according to the aspca.

1) females live longer, and don't have to worry about Some hormone stuffs

2) prevents testicular cancer (no poo poo)

6) not a reason at all, just filler

3,4,5,7,8,9,10) It lessens your responsibility to train

Your dog is roaming about the neighborhood, peeing where you don't want it to, loving random bitches and getting into fights?

Well, don't worry about getting a leash, or potty training it, or keeping it on your property, or adding the slightest bit more responsibility to your life. All you have to do is castrate it.

I'm mean, really, what's wrong with caring more about your own convenience more than the life of your animal? Though, at that point it's less your pet, and more your chattel.

I refuse to get my cats fixed. Why would I have them tortured for my convenience?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Didn't we already have this thread?

Oops you gave your dog bone cancer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ce-disease.html
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/02/17/dangers-of-early-pet-spaying-or-neutering.aspx

Harassing responsible pet owners until they spay/neuter also ensures that the only people producing new dogs are cruel puppy mills and insane animal hoarders, eventually every dog will be a pitbull mix :(

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you've been diggin in the rubble, gettin bitches in trouble, op, your leash is too long

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i'd never cut my dogs balls off, hes my bro. bros dont do that to each other

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

There are already too many cats in the world, hence all the animal shelters out there desperately trying to find people to take care of them. Because my cat is neutered, he won't make more cats that can't find homes and have to be put down. Sounds reasonable to me, really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you neuter your pet, its because you dont love it (physically). the op fucks dogs.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Bite your dogs dick off with raw teeth. Turn dead pets into pelts and jerky. Be a man, Hulk.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Neutering a male keeps it from getting into fights with other dogs, prevents it potentially biting children, and also prevents unwanted litters of puppies being born who will then be abused, abandoned or needlessly killed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I got my dog from a shelter and he was already neutered :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I'm so desperate to be in the presence of another warm body that I will trap an animal in my house and convince myself that it loves me, but I would never do something so heartless as to mutilate its body with surgeries intended to make its lifelong captivity more bearable." -a caring pet owner.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

A feminist posted:

Neutering a male keeps it from getting into fights with other men, prevents it potentially biting children, and also prevents unwanted litters of babies being born who will then be abused, abandoned or needlessly killed.

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Applewhite posted:

"I'm so desperate to be in the presence of another warm body that I will trap an animal in my house and convince myself that it loves me, but I would never do something so heartless as to mutilate its body with surgeries intended to make its lifelong captivity more bearable." -a caring pet owner.

that doesn't actually work for cats.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
neutering is good and so is human male circumcision

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ChlorophileAddict posted:

that doesn't actually work for cats.

Cats should not be kept as pets.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
OP is an angry eunuch

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Applewhite posted:

they're not pets, they are willing companions. Mine can get out at any point, nothing is stopping them. They choose to stay.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My new dog is loving crazy, I had hoped getting him neutered would mitigate his craziness, but nope he's still like the Tasmanian Devil. Think he needs therapy.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Anyone picking up poop owns nothing, IMO.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

Astrofig posted:

Neutering a male keeps it from getting into fights with other dogs, prevents it potentially biting children, and also prevents unwanted litters of puppies being born who will then be abused, abandoned or needlessly killed.

A tether (attached to a collar) also does those things.

Applewhite posted:

That's the crux. Neutering isn't for the animal.

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

A tether (attached to a collar) also does those things.

That's the crux. Neutering isn't for the animal.

it is significantly lowers the animal's lifespan for one- equivalent with having a 20 year old pushed into menopause by giving her a hysterectomy. From nature's POV if a body is no longer capable of breeding it starts to decay then die.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
testiscular cancer is pussy poo poo though

i'd remove my pancreas right now if they let me just so i dont get pancreatic cancer, every case of it ive seen online or one lady i knew in person they die in 2 1/2 years tops

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like it when people snip dogs tails and ears

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
sorry fella you're obviously goon enough to live in the smell of piss and poo poo but I'm not quite on that level yet

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

year-old cats smell like furry locker rooms, OP

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Turns out even thinking bugs are still loving idiots

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FuturePastNow posted:

year-old cats smell like furry locker rooms, OP

Chlorine?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
neutered my cat because I was tired of it spawning its brother's retarded offspring which kept walking into foxes and getting eaten

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
a black stray cat showed up at my place, then had four kittens. i had them all fixed as soon as it was feasible because i dont need more than seven god drat cats on my farm

i have two pet sheep. i gelded them both myself because their genes are poison due to their mothers either dying or abandoning them after birth and i dont want them reproducing and spreading their poison seed. i like them though and they help me manage the others cuz they are my friends

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

how do you know their genes are poison? maybe their mothers were just poo poo at living/being mothers

maybe you cut their balls off for nothing

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

School Nickname posted:

how do you know their genes are poison? maybe their mothers were just poo poo at living/being mothers

maybe you cut their balls off for nothing

they failed at their job

the only just punishment is the end of their bloodline, its the only way to be sure

harsh but fair...it ensures the survival of the best bloodlines

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
so many dogs get shot around where I live because they're basically feral and form packs that attack people. there's a dog at my local rescue where her teeth are all worn down trying to bite through the 2 foot chain she was kept on, it was so short her back legs don't work because she could only sit :(
spay and neuter please and thanks

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Zippy the Bummer posted:

they failed at their job

the only just punishment is the end of their bloodline, its the only way to be sure

harsh but fair...it ensures the survival of the best bloodlines

must be no black sheep in your flock, Mengele of the meadows

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

School Nickname posted:

must be no black sheep in your flock, Mengele of the meadows

drat....i need to change my custom title

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I cut my cat's nuts off. I loving hate him.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol while I fully support spaying and neutering, the irony of it hasnt escaped me. the most liberal people ever who might ask you what your preferred personal pronoun was before speaking to you are, in comparison, almost unspeakably cruel to their pets. they get all worked up about breeds (think about this idiots...) and have zero hesitation cutting their balls off - only to be subjected to a lifetime of pointless existence in some lovely apartment.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ever had to take care of a dog on its period?

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Toriori posted:

her teeth are all worn down trying to bite through the 2 foot chain she was kept on

That dog's an idiot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I want to kill someone's dog and look them in the eyes the whole time. Ideally a child's dog or one of those dogs that hang around hospices and old people.

• Locked thread