Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Pennsylvania loving blows. Here's a list of reasons why

1.Liquor stores are state run and never open when you need to go

2.It is IMPOSSIBLE to but a goddamn 12 pack of beer. You can either go to a Six Pack shop and pay double what it would cost anywhere else, or go to a beer distributor where you have to buy a case even if it's 2 12 packs put together, you still have to buy both.

3.Once a year car inspections. Jesus christ, every year I have to bring my car to a shady mechanic for him to fleece my out of money buy fixing poo poo that isn't broken. Even if you bought a new car in 2014 it still has to be inspected in 2015. It's the most devious tax on the poor in any state.

4. Gas Wells

5. 6% sales tax

6. Dog Licences.

7.The loving weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
talkin' shit about a pretty sunset
Actually you can buy 12 packs now as of like a few months ago

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Fun fact: William Penn wanted it to just be called 'Sylvania', but the King of England refused to rename it.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Actually, I'm not sure how fun that fact was, sorry.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
that's not how you spell Oklahoma

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I don't live in pennsylvania or america OP, but it doesn't actually sound that bad. Maybe stop complaining so much.

Prawned fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 22, 2015

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Hollis Brownsound posted:

1.Liquor stores are state run and never open when you need to go

2.It is IMPOSSIBLE to but a goddamn 12 pack of beer. You can either go to a Six Pack shop and pay double what it would cost anywhere else, or go to a beer distributor where you have to buy a case even if it's 2 12 packs put together, you still have to buy both.

3.Once a year car inspections. Jesus christ, every year I have to bring my car to a shady mechanic for him to fleece my out of money buy fixing poo poo that isn't broken. Even if you bought a new car in 2014 it still has to be inspected in 2015. It's the most devious tax on the poor in any state.

4. Gas Wells

5. 6% sales tax

6. Dog Licences.

7.The loving weather

Battery Joe posted:

Ya'll must live in the barbaric lands between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Sucks for you.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
At their state school they rape little boys.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

here's one reason why Pennsylvania is great

1. it isn't Florida

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007

gently caress the Republic. posted:

Ya'll must live in the barbaric lands between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Sucks for you.

I'm in Pittsburgh actually. You can buy 12 packs here now.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Fabricated posted:

that's not how you spell Oklahoma

Or Kansas, or any state in the South.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
lol what about ohio

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I like PA better than NY. Glad I moved here. Too ugly for LA and too dumb for NY.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Although real talk, Pennsylvania is some decent people and then miles and miles of loving hicks.

Battery Joe
Apr 12, 2007
Could use more/better lakes though. From Finger lakes originally and I love me some big juicy thick lakes

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

TNG posted:

Although real talk, every state is some decent people and then miles and miles of loving hicks.

Fixed this for you

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lucky Guy posted:

here's one reason why Pennsylvania is great

1. it isn't Florida

florida has a beach, which automatically puts it in the tier above states without a beach

lake erie doesn't count

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

reverieeee posted:

lol what about ohio

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
PA is better than the following poo poo tier states:

CA
NY
TX
FL
WA
NC
SC
GA
MS
AL
LA

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

You've never been to Indiana, have you?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
OP your a fuckin idiot

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I live in the UK (England) and tried to compare to where you live

Hollis Brownsound posted:

1.Liquor stores are state run and never open when you need to go lol that would suck because I need to beer at 7am most days.

2.It is IMPOSSIBLE to but a goddamn 12 pack of beer. See above

3.Once a year car inspections. Yep we have that too, and if it fails the inspection you cant get it insured

4. Gas Wells idk, wales might have some

5. 6% sales tax It is 20% here, which is a tax on the poor because they buy more useless shite but have less money

6. Dog Licences.No we dont have this. I am glad because my dog is an idiot and would fail the test

7.The loving weatherYes. We have had our one day of summer for this year, so it's just rain til next yer now

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
there arent any good states either though op??

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
California is the worst. Always on fire and regulated to hell.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
You know, now that I've moved west and can't get fat on the stuff constantly I've realized that Yeungling is pretty drat good and I miss it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wawa, nuff said.

PA rules

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also as long as you live near philly jersey you can get good pizza just about anywhere

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd like to live in Alaska but your immigration policy is too strict.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Drum posted:

You've never been to Indiana, have you?

I lived in Indiana briefly. It was great. poo poo was cheap, people were nice, low crime, modern conveniences. Sure, things got a little dull, but most attractive people, such as myself, found ways to pass the time... sexually. ;)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Whatever state I happen to be in is automatically the worst state in the country because my bloated ego doesn't allow me to pay attention to anything outside this safe little bubble I've created.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Fair enough on 1-4, but what loving state doesn't have dog licenses or lovely weather? To the latter don't say California because now they have megadrought so gently caress them too.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

8) I-76

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
We got sheetz though mother fucker so suck my fat dick

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

9) US-22

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
PA does indeed suck. Really only useful for smuggling out fireworks from as an NJ resident myself. Basically take the really boring rural area of North Jersey and make it an entire state: BAM, PA.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We got sheetz though mother fucker so suck my fat dick

I raise you wawa motherfucker.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Altoid posse representing coming at you with that 814 gonna gently caress a bitch up on whopsie and drive slow down plank road like an OG

Lawman 0 posted:

I raise you wawa motherfucker.

Wawa is fine if you suck as a human being and don't live near a sheetz

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

PA does indeed suck. Really only useful for smuggling out fireworks from as an NJ resident myself. Basically take the really boring rural area of North Jersey and make it an entire state: BAM, PA.

<----- lives in the really boring rural area of North Jersey.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Was gonna come in and say WA is the worst but we can get liquor and beer wherever now (wal-mart, target, etc), which is the tipping point for my opinion of states (given my rampant alcoholism).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Battery Joe posted:

Yeah, I just bought a 12 pack on Saturday at the beer distributor

also the local grocery store lets you make custom 6/12 packs

Don't get me wrong, Pennsylvania sucks and is boring as poo poo but I've never felt hindered in my quest to be drunk as poo poo
and I wouldn't even put it in the top 10 worst states, probably not even top 20

spud posted:

I live in the UK (England) and tried to compare to where you live

A dog license is just registering your dog with the state or something to make sure it's up to date on shots. I can't think of a place where you don't have to do that so I'm not even sure why he mentioned that.
And of course you can always just... not do it

The weather has actually been not terrible this year, I've been able to get by most days with windows open and no AC
You want a lovely summer, try like 5 years ago when it was nothing but stinkbugs and ladybugs everywhere all day every day

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 22, 2015

• Locked thread