Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I mentioned Playstation to my coworker and now she thinks I'm a nerd so she's been telling me Dr. Who stuff non-stop (to the point where it disrupts my work). The thing is, I only got a PS4 for Bloodborne, and am not interested in much nerdy stuff besides that. This week is super hectic and I'm having trouble making it clear to her that I need to focus on getting this patch out by Thursday. Any advice, GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

knock her lunch tray out of her hands

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
is she hot op? pic?

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Just tell her you're gay and get this poo poo over with.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
tell her how you spent $500 to play one game

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
call her a nerd

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
What's a whoviam

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Squeezy Farm posted:

I mentioned Playstation to my coworker and now she thinks I'm a nerd so she's been telling me Dr. Who stuff non-stop (to the point where it disrupts my work). The thing is, I only got a PS4 for Bloodborne, and am not interested in much nerdy stuff besides that. This week is super hectic and I'm having trouble making it clear to her that I need to focus on getting this patch out by Thursday. Any advice, GBS?

its 932am on a monday morning how is the week "super hectic"?

calling bullshit on this one OP

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Goon intimidated by girl wanting to talk to him, story at 11.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Nooner posted:

its 932am on a monday morning how is the week "super hectic"?

calling bullshit on this one OP

hey bud check your american ignorance for all we know this guy lives in china or something and it could be like thursday evening . be mindful of others

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Take her aside, and in a calm voice say "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in Dr Who."

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

tell her how you spent $500 to play one game

also there is nothing funnier than seeing a nerd irl who is being talked to by a worse nerd and clearly gives zero shits about warhammers most recent novel or the plot of the last MLP episode but the first one just doesnt have the social ability to tell the second one to go away

e: if you read this and it resonates with you because you often find yourself in detailed, indepths conversations about something that you give zero shits about, just know that everyone around you is noting it and laughing at you because you are a maladjusted nerd almost as bad as the one that is haranguing you about the sociopolitical implications of a hetalia sequel

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 22, 2015

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

also there is nothing funnier than seeing a nerd irl who is being talked to by a worse nerd and clearly gives zero shits about warhammers most recent novel or the plot of the last MLP episode but the first one just doesnt have the social ability to tell the second one to go away

Those generally just walk (or ooze) away.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"i'd gently caress eccleston or colin baker, but tennant's a bit too hipstery for my tastes"

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Flo Cytometer posted:

Those generally just walk (or ooze) away.

sometimes you get the real tenacious ones, where the person tries to go "uhuh, oh yeah totally" and then half-turns and then slides away and the result is a quick sidestep, now you're face to face again AND S/HE'S OFF on a new tangent about class conflict in cosplay communities

e: and also thats just one kind of nerd that will walk away, nowadays you have tons of Nice Nerds who are worried about ostracizing losers because they know if they start, theyll eventually be the next loser on the chopping block, so they are inoffensive and kind to everyone and just cant figure out how to stop this rapidly intensifying conversation about whether or not the ending of mass effect was a metaphor for obama taking power

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 22, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
make inappropriate sexual comments at/about her. she'll go away

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you should have sex with her OP bang he wet poosay

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OMG do you think she likes you. OP?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
OP is gonna tear up that puss, loving brutalize it with his gently caress stick. OP just beatin up pussy left and right

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
I thought whovian was the name for The Who superfans, which I didn't think still existed, but I also wasn't alive for The Who superfandom either. C ya.

Aug 4, 2010

pretend ur interested in dr who & gently caress her

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sufficient posted:

I thought whovian was the name for The Who superfans, which I didn't think still existed, but I also wasn't alive for The Who superfandom either. C ya.
the show is literally made by superfans nowadays, much like anime

this is why every companion in the revival is an idealized self-insert for teens and troons

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

quakster posted:

the show is literally made by superfans nowadays, much like anime
yea, its got that anime stink on it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so, you take that office sloot to pound-town yet or what OP? Dont leave us hangin

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Imo you're just as guilty for using the word whovian.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

e: if you read this and it resonates with you because you often find yourself in detailed, indepths conversations about something that you give zero shits about, just know that everyone around you is noting it and laughing at you because you are a maladjusted nerd almost as bad as the one that is haranguing you about the sociopolitical implications of a hetalia sequel
gently caress

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
flex your muscules and say you like sports

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015
each time any of my nerdfriends mention Dr Who i look them dead in the eye and tell them Dr Who is boring poo poo that you have to be British to like.
Then they skulk away with disappointment in their eyes, funny as f.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
suck her dick

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Employ this deep insight to her inner self to like, touch her boob

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

like "Hmm yes, I too find Dr. Who totally fascinating" *slyly touch boob*

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I watch Dr. Who a few years ago, told my loved ones that it was a pretty interesting show. My own brother and mother told me to gently caress off, that show is for babies. Now a year later they are the biggest fans and won't shut the hell up about it. So annoying!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Edgar posted:

I watch Dr. Who a few years ago, told my loved ones that it was a pretty interesting show. My own brother and mother told me to gently caress off, that show is for babies. Now a year later they are the biggest fans and won't shut the hell up about it. So annoying!

another skeleton for the wall

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I assume Dr who is British star trek, yes?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think Dr Who is not as good for identifying pedophiles actually

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

another skeleton for the wall

You've done stolen my soul!

For the coworker, just say that Dr. Who is a funny skit from flying circus.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flesh Forge posted:

I think Dr Who is not as good for identifying pedophiles actually

isnt britain basically a country run by pedophiles? or at the very least their media is

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

isnt britain basically a country run by pedophiles? or at the very least their media is
it actually turned out that doctor who was the only british entertainment not to be made by pedophiles. an inverse stark tek of sorts

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Some nerd stuff is cool, but oh my god 90% of nerd 'culture' is the most embarrassing, cringey, cutesy, groupthink shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

Some nerd stuff is cool, but oh my god 90% of nerd 'culture' is the most embarrassing, cringey, cutesy, groupthink shite

ok webcomic avatar person

• Locked thread