Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what should be done about pugs
buy them dont breed them
dont buy them
what is a pug
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
sad?

do you buy them and then not breed them so that their broken-rear end genes can't be passed on?

do you not buy them so that you don't support the breeders?

it would be nice if dog shows or breeders' associations just stopped accepting certain breeds for contests or licensing, tbqh, but that probably won't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
humans are better than nature at evolution and stuff OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
pugs are super cute i wish i had one

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
they are literally a crime against nature but so few people give a poo poo (including me really) so ... I dunno I think that's where we stand on the issue.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
educate me on the issue op

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
If I meet a dog I don't like I treat it like NFL star Michael Vick and choke slam it to death. Typically that's what should be done

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Ocean Book posted:

educate me on the issue op

pugs' eyes pop out of their heads sometimes and it is thought by some scientists that the pug does not enjoy this

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

we could give the dogs treats and pet them :shrug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I sure hope the OP doesnt breed, then maybe we can finally start getting some good threads around her ewhen he is gone!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

im down for throwing a stick too

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

baw posted:

pugs' eyes pop out of their heads sometimes and it is thought by some scientists that the pug does not enjoy this

apparently they can hardly breathe too but yeah the eye thing is pretty eye popping lol pun

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Virtually any dog breed is fine with just one generation of out-breeding. The canine genome as a whole is richly diverse and hardy which is why mutts are so great. "Designer dogs" is actually a great concept, just a terrible implementation.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

what is that one breed of showdog that has a brain too big for its head, so once it reaches adulthood it has terrible migraines and screams in pain from them. thos edogs are Poorly Implemented for sure

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
*sees dog screaming in agony* Hmm, pfft, Poorly Implemented.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

my dog's name is Poorly Implemented, he won the show so we'll we are saving his cum to sell

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
This is an 1802 painting of a pug

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I hope they suffer.
I loving hate pugs.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

haris pilton posted:

I hope they suffer.
I loving hate pugs.

then your strategy would be to buy and breed pugs, sorry that i did not give you an option in the poll, maybe a mod can help

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
One of my neighbors has two english bulldogs and they make me so depressed. Both of them look and sound like they are minutes away from the sweet embrace of death all the time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol if you don't breed dogs toward the goal of creating the ultimate killing machine.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Applewhite posted:

lol if you don't breed dogs toward the goal of creating the ultimate killing machine.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

love and pet them and tell them that they are good

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
resettle them in the east

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

baw posted:

then your strategy would be to buy and breed pugs, sorry that i did not give you an option in the poll, maybe a mod can help

I'm strictly shitpost via the mobile app.
Polls can suck a fat dick.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
where is the option for "take pictures of them and post on internet" op

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ocean Book posted:

we could give the dogs treats and pet them :shrug:

dont talk crazy man!!

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
My friend stupidly bought a 5000 dollar English bulldog and she lives in Arizona. The house has to be <73 degrees or the thing pants constantly. She then spent another 2000 on a surgery that would open up the dogs airways but it barely helped. People are stupid, people like to own poo poo, stupid people own stupid poo poo. You can't stop this capitalism train.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ban the sale of overbred shitdogs and publicitly shun the fuckheads who own them

I seriously hate dog breeding with a passion and I think the people who do it and support it by buying these genetic shitbuckets are horrible people

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Why don't we breed people? I'm sure it's been tried before we need to pull together and get some hardier breeds out there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Why don't we breed people? I'm sure it's been tried before we need to pull together and get some hardier breeds out there.

Human pug checking in.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
squish faced cats and inbred dogs are basically animal cruelty so i dont support them OP

baw
Nov 5, 2008

tomstuart posted:

squish faced cats and inbred dogs are basically animal cruelty so i dont support them OP

well fuckin duh but what is your strategy for handling the Pug Question

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Mutt supremacy. Your $3000 dog has behavioral problems and they're likely to have leg problems leading to either thousands of dollars worth of surgery, an untimely end to the best friendship you can ever have, or letting said best friend suffer needlessly until they die for other reasons? Wow, I sure wish I had [insert any medium to large pure bred dog here] instead of my mutt which looks just like a pure bred but doesn't have the physical or mental health problems associated with their breeds.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

baw posted:

What we need is a final solution to the Pug Problem.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

baw posted:

i kick them whenever i see them to let them know what i think of the cruelty

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Breeding isn't inherently bad, but just like any endeavour some people take it way too far and we end up with these abominations. There are cool breeds out there like the meme dog: inu shiba.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

tomstuart posted:

i kick them whenever i see them to let them know what i think of the cruelty

::

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
its like

"hey little hosed up human ,made abortion of a creature i think your sort of species is cruelty to animals and whey did man made it"

and then they get the boot

baw
Nov 5, 2008

hmm.,, makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Buy don't breed and also make mean faces at people who do breed them.

• Locked thread