Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

isis is literally comic book evil

hmmm i think euhpronius has some (incredibly loving stupid) opinions on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Jagchosis posted:

havent heard of it, plus ive restricted myself to madoka gifs until the thread dies

its basically macross reimagined in the post evangelion anime world

also the protaganist looks like two face

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

UberJew posted:

well, to be fair

it was his body that was strung up on a pole while his head was put on the ground beneath him
so euph, you wanna play the ISIL-defending game again?

cause ISIL somehow managed to take "head on a pike" and make it even more hosed up

Luigi Thirty posted:

have we considered nuking their asses and then taking their gasses
JDAMs work pretty good

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

2024 - Unrest among students across Europe causes many to avoid France as a tourist destination. The "Neo-Trotskyists" have recently unseated the "Gaullists" from power, but this has had no noticeable affect on curbing the civil unrest. A contemporary in the United States remarked that "Europe is falling apart".

Gabriel Bell (replaced by Ben Sisko in our timeline) leads the Bell Riots in San Francisco's Sanctuary Districts - walled-off sections of the city where undesirables are kept in overcrowded slums. The conditions inside the Sanctuaries were unknown to the outside world until Bell broadcast it to the world, forcing the United States to examine its social problems. If the Bell Riots didn't happen, the Federation wouldn't have been founded.
(DS9: "Past Tense, Part I", "Past Tense, Part II")

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
euphronius' position is that we, america, shouldn't engage in any military adventures in the middle east because we are absolutely and uncontroversially garbage at it

which even if you disagree with in the current situation (and i do because isis is presently engaged in genocide) isn't incredibly loving stupid and certainly isn't defending isis cmon

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

UberJew posted:

which even if you disagree with in the current situation (and i do because isis is presently engaged in genocide) isn't incredibly loving stupid and certainly isn't defending isis cmon

he routinely whines when people accurately call ISIS cartoonishly evil

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
2024: The Bell riots happen, named for the man who lead them, Benjamin Sisko Gabriel Bell

2024 BCE: Ur–Amorite wars continue, and will continue for another 10 pages/years.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
ill fess up to not wanting to bomb or engage with isis initially too but once they started genociding the kurds and the yazidi my tepid resistance to fighting them disappeared.

losing palmyra just reinforces that.

also the yazidi faith is interesting and cool and their disappearance is the loss of history through the erasure of oral tradition

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
hmm maybe it wasn't cartoonishly evil to torture an elderly archeologist to death because you want him to reveal the location of an ancient treasure

yeah that's totally not a thing a villain in a cartoon or movie would do

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sharkie posted:

hmm maybe it wasn't cartoonishly evil to torture an elderly archeologist to death because you want him to reveal the location of an ancient treasure

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

fun fact: around the time the start trucks episode aired, some idiot politician in Los Angeles proposed walling off south LA for everyone's safety

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

fun fact: around the time the start trucks episode aired, some idiot politician in Los Angeles proposed walling off south LA for everyone's safety

good, south LA has p good reason to be concerned for its safety

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he routinely whines when people accurately call ISIS cartoonishly evil

i feel like that response might just be a lack of sufficient cynicism on his part

daesh is cartoonishly evil, as are boko haraam, the sinaloa cartel (and los zetas and the knights templar cartel and and and), the splm and etc etc

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
it turns out there are a whole shitload of literal supervillains irl but it's actually just really depressing and we'd rather not think about it

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yep, the writers thought that the episode was gonna look like a "ripped from the headlines" kind of thing, even though the disturbing truth is that they had the idea first, and reality tried to follow suit

the city scrapped the idea, but it's popped up more times since them, with Star Trek comparisons every time

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

UberJew posted:

it turns out there are a whole shitload of literal supervillains irl but it's actually just really depressing and we'd rather not think about it

Im pretty sure both ISIS and ANIME need to be wiped out.

with

extreme

prejuiduce

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sharkie posted:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

donald trump is more comic book evil than isis frankly

unless by comic books we mean, like, 2000AD or creator-owned books by garth ennis

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UberJew posted:

well really calling them cartoonishly evil is almost a compliment, as the things they get up to are so horrific and appalling that most fictional badguys don't do them, as they're too repellent

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

would Darth Vader do it

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

would Darth Vader do it

dont do what donny vader does

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Spaceman Future! posted:

Im pretty sure both ISIS and ANIME need to be wiped out.

with

extreme

prejuiduce

the yamaguchi-gumi splitting is going to be a literal anime as well as a disaster but idk if i can quite call shinobu tsukasa a supervillain since even japanese gang wars usually only end up with two digit death totals

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

UberJew posted:

the yamaguchi-gumi splitting is going to be a literal anime as well as a disaster but idk if i can quite call shinobu tsukasa a supervillain since even japanese gang wars usually only end up with two digit death totals

is it going to be like outrage in real life

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Luigi Thirty posted:

2024 - Unrest among students across Europe causes many to avoid France as a tourist destination. The "Neo-Trotskyists" have recently unseated the "Gaullists" from power, but this has had no noticeable affect on curbing the civil unrest. A contemporary in the United States remarked that "Europe is falling apart".

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sharkie posted:

well really calling them cartoonishly evil is almost a compliment, as the things they get up to are so horrific and appalling that most fictional badguys don't do them, as they're too repellent

when did anime get guillotines

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I never thought we'd reach 2024

tom cotton will be elected president this year

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

Nah he's a good dad

There's a comic about it

Unlike the father who disapproves of his daughter in critical failure Gone Home.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Gun Home

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
a good name for TFR.

still sad BFC never got renamed to Wolfshirt of Wall Street.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

when did anime get guillotines

anime loves guillotines

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

ArfJason posted:

Unlike the father who disapproves of his daughter in critical failure Gone Home.
Oh hey it's the famous ArfJason

why do I recognize your name

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

fade5 posted:

Oh hey it's the famous ArfJason

why do I recognize your name

he calls ralp a human being sometimes and gangstalks dickeye for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012