Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

I was thinking of just taking Eonwe's signature and MS painting my name over it, but I failed at doing even that. :(

I'll make you one but you need to come with a nifty #fishpact to use next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tempus Thales posted:

I'll make you one but you need to come with a nifty #fishpact to use next week.

It is known.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/12109-An-evaluation-of-racism-and-homophobia-in-Albion-Online-guilds/

The war for the soul of the forums begins.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 25, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
it started and now it's over. ceo man swooped in and addressed everything. the staff for this game owns bones

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Holy poo poo that CEO response.

That dude is pretty goddamn cool.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

The forums for this game are awesome and continue to be so :coffeepal:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Ninogan posted:

The forums for this game are awesome and continue to be so :coffeepal:

:agreed: and its good to know that this is how such incidents will play out

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Start to finish that thread was gold.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
All I can say is..

Looks like we can make a alliance with the Brazilians now if we want.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Welp, will be giving this a go when the cheaper-alpha access opens :)

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
alliance with BR could be the most troll move in the history of trolling.

do we have anyone that speaks angry spanish (aka Portuguese)

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

I had a lot of fun playing a year ago during the summer alpha, but I haven't really played since then. I enjoyed the pvp aspects of killing people who weren't necessarily ready to fight, but I hated how you couldn't 'stick' people and prevent them from running away even if you had multiple guys. Is this still a problem? Or was it never a problem and I'm just bad.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Baldbeard posted:

Start to finish that thread was gold.

It was entertaining, but a lot of good was accomplished in many ways:

1) Forum Rules changed for the better, hopefully a reduction in slurs and other lovely posters
2) #1 racist put on final notice
3) CEO takes strong public stand for equality
4) lovely tryhard guild horrifically shamed
5) Moderator in said tryhard lovely guild publicly reprimanded

Today was a good day.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of it

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Brasil is a great country.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Pope Alexander VI is a good man

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013

HENGRY BUNG posted:

I had a lot of fun playing a year ago during the summer alpha, but I haven't really played since then. I enjoyed the pvp aspects of killing people who weren't necessarily ready to fight, but I hated how you couldn't 'stick' people and prevent them from running away even if you had multiple guys. Is this still a problem? Or was it never a problem and I'm just bad.

I think I read somewhere that they're adding more CC this time around.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

It was entertaining, but a lot of good was accomplished in many ways:

1) Forum Rules changed for the better, hopefully a reduction in slurs and other lovely posters
2) #1 racist put on final notice
3) CEO takes strong public stand for equality
4) lovely tryhard guild horrifically shamed
5) Moderator in said tryhard lovely guild publicly reprimanded

Today was a good day.

I want to say the the public demoralizing of the mod, who was really rather douchy was the best win of the night.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 25, 2015

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ninogan posted:

Yes, seriously. This.

Basically, if you enjoy making pubbies cry a lot and taking someones gear and inventory when you kill them then this is really the only game to get into right now besides EVE.

Goons still play UO....

I dont know if i can justify $50 for an alpha anymore -- been burned too many times but I am watching this thread closely and will most definitely get the game when it launches for real(probably bringing over 50+ UO men to fight for goon supremacy).

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
drat kimi you lawyered the gently caress up on those guys

nice though, its refreshing to see actual discourse result in action after consideration. CEO is basically mugging me at this point, might as well sign up before the next wave.

2015 in the year of our lord and racism is spewed unironically and aggressively unfunny by spergs on the internet who are sheltered by the real world and pick it up on their dumb favorite edgy tv show. smdh

"A ronin can restore his honor after avenging his master's death, kid" - an actual ronin in ancient samurai times wielding a katana™ razr™ keyboard

:cripes:

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 25, 2015

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

drat kimi you lawyered the gently caress up on those guys

nice though, its refreshing to see actual discourse result in action after consideration. CEO is basically mugging me at this point, might as well sign up before the next wave.

2015 in the year of our lord and racism is spewed unironically and aggressively unfunny by spergs on the internet who are sheltered by the real world and pick it up on their dumb favorite edgy tv show. smdh

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/12185-A-quick-apology-to-those-deserved/

Thanks! But apparently, the war is not yet completely over, this guy is on a mission to get himself banned. I'm all for fun trolling and poo poo talking in the context of a game, but I don't understand people who let that spill over into the real world. And frankly I don't want to see an entire subset of people leave a game because of ham-fisted treatment by a couple of terribles.

Seriously I haven't even played the alpha yet but Albion Online Forums is the best game of 2015.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

Nice new thread, been a while since I read anything but our Private Racism Subforum.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oh my god that glorious backpedaling and damage control

oh my god he tried to shift the blame?! oh my god he did

:laffo: how do you gently caress up an insincere apology thread like that and make it worse

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
You just don't understand. It's all good because that's how the kids talk in the Leagues of Legends, and

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

:yikes:

Did we make him that mad?

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
ForumQuest 2015, game of the year.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
CEO post number 2. Thread over.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

Bercilak posted:

I am aware that the goons are no angels and here for your tears!

lol

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

HENGRY BUNG posted:

There's a lot of stuns and slows and even roots but if the enemy is prepared and has like speed pots and poo poo then, yeah, they can run from you but it shouldn't be too hard to catch a vast majority of pubbies tbh.

FormerFatty posted:

Goons still play UO....

I dont know if i can justify $50 for an alpha anymore -- been burned too many times but I am watching this thread closely and will most definitely get the game when it launches for real(probably bringing over 50+ UO men to fight for goon supremacy).

Yeah but it's always on these lovely shards and it's not the same as all those years ago. I still play on all these shards and have put in hundreds of hours into several of the ipy ones so... yeah.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The CEO seems a pretty cool guy.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Well I broke and bought the $50 package, it just sounds too fun. Since reading is :effort: how do I get the client pre Monday, and does this thing run windowed well enough to let me afktar my way trough fozziesov while playing?

Once I get in game details I'll slack up etc.

slutcannon
Jan 18, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Goons still play UO....

Going to give it a go because I'm retarded. See you there? :sissies:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

squirrelzipper posted:

Well I broke and bought the $50 package, it just sounds too fun. Since reading is :effort: how do I get the client pre Monday, and does this thing run windowed well enough to let me afktar my way trough fozziesov while playing?

https://albiononline.com/en/download

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

squirrelzipper posted:

slutcannon posted:

Going to give it a go because I'm retarded. See you there? :sissies:

You won't regret it.
:reject:

Make sure you guys register and get on slack via OP instructions. It's a constant party in here.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Check out my new pro tier sig

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I was wanting a capitalism multiplayer game that isn't Eve Online, and this game seems to scratch this itch pretty well. Multiple auction houses, material trade and speculation between areas, and no vendors!

I may need to get this game!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

jhorphear posted:

Check out my new pro tier sig

nice

TwoQuestions posted:

I was wanting a capitalism multiplayer game that isn't Eve Online, and this game seems to scratch this itch pretty well. Multiple auction houses, material trade and speculation between areas, and no vendors!

I may need to get this game!
i too enjoy making spreadsheets and hoarding video game doubloons. i think this game scratches that itch quite well. come create your fortune, milord

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If you are going to decide to play make sure to use the referral links in the 3rd post. It helps us all out.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
I'm looking forward to being dead in pvp area come monday

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Slack recommended this image editor after playing with it a bit I have made this horrible sig, that I am happy with I guess, for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Gauntlet...

Can anyone speak to how the grind is in this game? It appears you can max out every skill? Thats giving me nightmares of Darkfall all over again.

• Locked thread